Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Next Snake?

Comments

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    edited November 2010
    "No. There's 3 phases of Albino in Retics. White, Lavender, and Purple. Purples are just ridiculously gorgeous, but also ridiculously expensive.:

Can you post a pic of the purple?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "The scientists think boa females may therefore have the ability to alternate between sexual and asexual reproduction. "

This is a troubling statement.

This goes against a lot of evolutionary concepts. While it may seem rash on my part, I believe these scientists to be wrong.
    How can it be wrong when there's physical proof that she asexually reproduced?

I'm saying there's more to this than they claim or know. I don't think that article mentioned if they were sterile or not, which would be a very valuable piece of information. If they're sterile, then sure, it's possible but to asexually produce fertile offspring is surprising and would result, naturally, in a vast majority of females in the natural population, which I don't think is the case.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "No. There's 3 phases of Albino in Retics. White, Lavender, and Purple. Purples are just ridiculously gorgeous, but also ridiculously expensive.:

Can you post a pic of the purple?

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    THAT IS NOT PURPLE.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    "The scientists think boa females may therefore have the ability to alternate between sexual and asexual reproduction. "

This is a troubling statement.

This goes against a lot of evolutionary concepts. While it may seem rash on my part, I believe these scientists to be wrong.
    How can it be wrong when there's physical proof that she asexually reproduced?

I'm saying there's more to this than they claim or know. I don't think that article mentioned if they were sterile or not, which would be a very valuable piece of information. If they're sterile, then sure, it's possible but to asexually produce fertile offspring is surprising and would result, naturally, in a vast majority of females in the natural population, which I don't think is the case.

If who is sterile? Who is "they"? The offspring? And it doesn't say if the offspring are fertile or not. They could be, like the article, capable of both asexual and sexual reproduction.

As far as a majority of Females, no, not necessarily. According to the article, this is the first time it's happened, so one female Boa producing 22 female babies isn't going to make a huge difference in the population.
    THAT IS NOT PURPLE.
    Lol. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

But yes it it. Look in between the Yellows and Whites lol.

It looks yellow and brown to me.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    That's not brown at all lol.
    It may just be my comp, but it is def brown on mine.
    Nah. And especially in person, it's such a vibrant Purple. It's beautiful.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If who is sterile? Who is "they"? The offspring? And it doesn't say if the offspring are fertile or not. They could be, like the article, capable of both asexual and sexual reproduction.

As far as a majority of Females, no, not necessarily. According to the article, this is the first time it's happened, so one female Boa producing 22 female babies isn't going to make a huge difference in the population.
    Well, this is the first time it's been naturally observed, it doesn't lead me to believe that this is the first time it has happened.

Yes, I believe in order for this to be biologically possible, the offspring have to be sterile, therefore capable of no natural reproduction at all.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    ^Thats more what I was expecting.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    here's erik is a few years
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    hes gonna turn into a black guy? lawl lawl lawl
    hes gonna turn into a black guy? lawl lawl lawl
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i tried to find an ebony [black] chin while i went to get cuppy, but they werent old enough to be separted from their mother yet.
    omfg fennec foxes and hedgehogs!
    want.

surprisingly, i miss this dog more than the owner

imageimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i love it so much
    they curl into little spikey balls :3
    imageimage
    Lool is that twiggty?

And i saw an alibno hedhehog at the show he was so adorable he kept trying to climg. :)