Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Next Snake?

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Idk. Seemed fitting lolz.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Feels bad man.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Erik, breeding snakes actually does sound pretty cool, but please don't get in over your head with snakes. I know you've heard it from basically everyone on here, but that's how the "killed by snakes" story always starts.
    Well, technically speaking, I only have one snake as of now that could ever POSSIBLY attempt to kill me. Which is my Burm. And a Retic if I get one. But either way, I'm careful. It's honestly a matter of being smart and taking all precautions, especially with a snake of that size. Which is why I'll never handle him while I'm home alone when he gets that big. And I plan on keeping a bottle of some form of alcohol in the snake room at that point. I do have limits. Like, I'll never own a Hot, and I'll probably never own a Female Burm or Retic. Mainly because of their size requirements as far as caging, but also, obviously more of a threat. Plus, it would get to the point that I couldn't even take it out, because Females can hit 100-200+ pounds easily. If I breed, I'm probably gonna start with Ball Pythons. Easiest snakes to breed, plus like I said, even adults are small (Mine is a Male adult at 3-4 years old and a bit over 3 Feet long.) so there's obviously no threat breeding BPs lol.

Honestly though, Burms, when raised right from babies, truly are gentle giants. Accidents happen, but they're so few and far between. I really hate people's false tunnel visions of snakes. They're not these killers. Every single Hamster I've ever held was nastier then ANY Snake I've ever dealt with.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    you should probably get a permit
    imageimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    fuck that do it under the table....more profitable that way
    And to be honest, I feel 10x more intimidated when I'm around a Pit Bull, then I've EVER felt around a big snake. I'm just so fascinated by them, fear doesn't even cross my mind. Like, there's always that thought in the back of my head of him trying to constrict me, and yea, it's a scary thought, but my fascination and love for the animals overcomes any fear for me.
    whos gona wanna buy from a 14 year old with no paperwork at all?
    imageimage
    pit bulls are extremely sweet and loyal
    my friend has a full grown one and a new pit puppy
    ive never seen such a sweet dog
    imageimage
    if the price is right youd be surprised
    you should probably get a permit

Permit for what...?

Breeding? You don't need one. Lol. Only permits you need, as far as Snakes go, is that you need to have a permit/license to own ANY kind of Hot. But there's no permit needed for non-venomous Snakes or breeding.

what about selling them?
    Lol. "Meet me at the mall. No witnesses."
    if the price is right youd be surprised
    This as well.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    theres a lot more that goes into breeding than you understand
    imageimage
    Age really has nothing to do with it honestly. If you have quality, healthy animals, people will buy them. ESPECIALLY if you have some really nice/rare morphs. I plan on buying 2 Fires and attempting to breed Blue Eyed Leucistics out of them. It's a rare chance, but God, I would make so much bank. Lucys go for $5,000-$10,000 a piece. Not only that, but it'd be so rewarding for me to look at them and be like "Wow, I produced these.".
    You should breed a snake that kills your buyers. That way you get money, AND you get a snake. I mean, come on, free money.
    I would totally buy a koala if it was legal. Just saying.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    blue eyed leucistics

^That looks like a tapeworm
    image Photobucket
    theres a lot more that goes into breeding than you understand
    Yes, I realize this. I research this stuff daily, and I'm finally getting a hold of all of it. Which is why I'm not breeding yet, it could be 6 months from now, it could be a year, it could be 2 years. Who knows. But it is a (Somewhat) complex procedure. It's not like rodents, where you can just throw a male and female together, let them fuck, and watch them multiply. There's many things that go into it. Like fluctuating their temperatures, to artificially re-create Spring (Which by instinct, tells them it's time to re-produce.) Making sure they don't fight, because it happens if you don't monitor them. Safely getting out the eggs. Safely incubating the eggs. There's so much more that goes into it to. This is of course, concerning strictly Pythons, because Boas give live birth. They don't lay eggs.