Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited July 2010
    Roy Williams doesn't play football though.
    ....?

On another note, I saw the Lions training camp roster....and we have Dre Bly back.....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I thought that was funny too. He won't carry Roy's pads AND hes gonna take his job.

BURRRRN!

:o)
    It's funny cuz it's true.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    But really as a Cowboys fan I'd like to see Roy have a good season. If he doesn't lose his starting job before the season starts then I don't think he will during the season unless he is just that bad because the Cowboys don't want distractions in the locker room.

Roy could start all 16 games but Dez could be put in very in early in every game so Roy can start for ego's sake.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Can't wait to see this guy play. Going to check him out this week and possible jersey buy.
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    It will happen and Leah will be there all mad bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha >:D
    lmao sulking in a Cowboys jersey XD
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I believe I'm going to watch the induction ceremony and the Cowboys vs. Bengals game. Skipping out on Uproar, but watching Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice and Dick LeBeau giving their speeches is once in a lifetime
    image Photobucket
    Cincinnati Bengals president Mike Brown confirmed his team's interest in free-agent receiver Terrell Owens on Monday.

"It's up to him," Brown said of Owens, according to Bengals.com. "We are talking to him. We have some interest."

Sources had told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the Rams also were interested in signing Owens, however the team decided Monday against adding Owens, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Brown made his comments before the Bengals' training camp media luncheon.

He said that quarterback Carson Palmer, who has been working with Owens in California, reported that the receiver "can still run," according to the website.

Brown said that he was impressed with Owens' attitude when the team visited with him in March.

"I found him polite, nothing that has been said about him," Brown said, according to Bengals.com. "We like him as a player."

Owens also has another strong supporter in Chad Ochocinco, his close friend and reality TV colleague. The two have helped each other promote their respective shows on VH1.

The Bengals signed free-agent receiver Antonio Bryant during the offseason but Bryant has struggled so far. That has motivated the Bengals to take another look at Owens, a team source told Schefter.

The 36-year-old Owens, a six-time Pro Bowler, had a pedestrian season with the Buffalo Bills last season, catching 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns.
    The Tennessee Titans have sued Southern California and its new coach Lane Kiffin after the school hired away Kennedy Pola, the Tennessean reported on Monday.

Pola was hired as running backs coach of the Titans in January but left to become the Trojans offensive coordinator over the weekend. The lawsuit claims that Kiffin "maliciously" interfered with Pola's contract with the NFL team in inducing him to leave.

The newspaper reports that the lawsuit claims: "as a result of USC and Kiffin's tortuous conduct, Tennessee [Titans] football has been damaged in an amount proven at trial."

Titans coach Jeff Fisher was not happy with Kiffin's role in Pola's departure.

"I am very disappointed in Lane Kiffin's approach to this," Fisher said on Saturday, according to the Tennessean. "Typically speaking when coaches are interested in hiring or discussing potential employment from coaches on respective staffs there is a courtesy call made from the head coach or athletic director indicating there is an interest in talking to the assistant.

"So I am very disappointed in the lack of professionalism on behalf of Lane, to call me and leave me a voice mail after Kennedy had informed me he had taken the job. It is just a lack of professionalism."

Kiffin is not popular in the state of Tennessee. He left the state university after only one year to coach USC.

Kiffin disputed that he stole away Pola, who coaches running backs and special teams at USC from 2000-03.

"We reached out to Kennedy Pola [Friday] to gauge whether he had any possible interest in returning to USC before we moved forward with the process," Kiffin said in a statement released by USC.

"Kennedy said he would think about it and get back to us [Saturday]. Once Kennedy did call back earlier [Saturday], out of my great respect for Coach Fisher I immediately reached out to Coach to make him aware of the situation. I have spoken with Coach Fisher and he now has an accurate understanding of the timeline of events.

"We realize the timing of this isn't perfect for all parties, but this is a great opportunity and promotion for Kennedy."
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

Veteran wide receiver Roy Williams was expected to clash with rookie Dez Bryant(notes) in competition for playing time at Dallas Cowboys training camp. I guess they're going to be clashing over some other stuff, too.

It's tradition at training camps for vets to make the rookies carry their pads after practice. Things like that have been going on as long as the NFL has existed. Rookies carry pads. Rookies get donuts. Rookies sing their school fight songs in front of everyone. Rookies are in the back of the line for everything.

[Photos: See the Cowboys in action at training camp]

After practice Sunday, though, Williams attempted to give Bryant his pads, but Bryant wasn't having it. He let Williams know he could carry his own pads. From Tim McMahon at ESPNDallas.com:

"I'm not doing it," Bryant said. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads."

"If I was a free agent, it would still be the same thing. I just feel like I'm here to play football. I'm here to try to help win a championship, not carry someone's pads. I'm saying that out of no disrespect to [anyone]."

Yeah, I think you're going to want to carry those pads, young man. You can tote some pads now, or be duct-taped to a field goal post later.

Every player on that team went through something unpleasant their rookie year, and if you think they're going to let you skate by because you made a few plays in college, I think you're probably wrong.

I'm not saying what the veterans do is right — hazing should have its limits. But what exactly is your plan, Dez, to take on the entire institution of rookie hazing in the NFL? I don't think that's going to work out well for anyone.

You're probably way better off just carrying some pads and buying some ridiculous meals. I don't want this to end with you in a burlap bag in Jason Witten's(notes) trunk

One cocky SOB
    Already posted.
    ESPN Power Rankings:

1. Colts
    2. Saints
    3. Vikings
    4. Cowboys
    5. Ravens

28. Browns
    29. Lions
    30. Bucs
    31. Bills
    32. Rams

Dang it I didn't scroll up. Sorry bout that
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    IMO... Roy Williams has no right hazing rookies. He fucking sucks
    He's been a bust in both Detroit and Dallas. Not to mention he has a big mouth as well.
    True but he should still have to go through all the hazing like every other rookie.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    So as for TO...Bengals or the Jets?
    image Photobucket