Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited April 2010
    It was Rolando Mcclain that gave that slow reaction. You can call it a delay if you want to but I call it disappointment in being drafted by the Raiders.

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited April 2010
    ^LMAO!

I facepalmed when I read that pick.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    IRVING, Texas -- How high are the Dallas Cowboys' expectations for first-round draft choice Dez Bryant?

The Cowboys are handing him the No. 88 jersey, which was worn by Cowboys receiving legends Drew Pearson and Hall of Famer Michael Irvin. In fact, the team already had Bryant No. 88 jerseys for sale on the team's website Friday morning.

"I guess in [owner] Jerry [Jones]' eyes, it says a lot about him -- that he can handle the pressure of wearing the double-8s," said Pearson, a member of the 1970s All-Decade team. "Most of the time, you say, what's in a number? In this case, there's a lot of history and production."

"For Jerry to anoint him with that number, it indicates that Jerry sees a lot of potential."

The Cowboys selected Bryant, the Oklahoma State standout, with the 24th pick of the first round Thursday night.

Pearson wore No. 88 from 1973 to 1983. The number was vacant until Irvin wore it from 1988 to 1999. Wide receiver Antonio Bryant and tight ends Jackie Harris and Brett Pierce have worn the number briefly since Irvin retired. Overall, 10 Cowboys players have worn No. 88.

Antonio Bryant brought some attention to the 88, but for the wrong reason. He was best known for throwing his No. 88 jersey into the face of then-coach Bill Parcells during an offseason workout.

Dez Bryant hopes to live up to the Cowboys' lofty expectations.

"Me falling to the Cowboys, that's the best thing that could ever happen to me," Bryant said Thursday night. "I'm so happy. I'm excited. I'm ready to go to work."

Bob Lilly's No. 74 is the only number that has been worn solely by one player in Cowboys history.

The selection of the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Bryant means the Cowboys will have a top-three receiving corps of Miles Austin, coming off a 2009 Pro Bowl year; Roy Williams, who has struggled in his two years with the Cowboys; and veteran Patrick Crayton.

The Cowboys also have young receivers Sam Hurd and Kevin Ogletree.

"If all goes well -- not trying to talk noise -- but if all goes well, we'll have the best wide receiving corps in the league," Williams said. "Dez is a big dude, he can play. He will help us win some ballgames."
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    i saw that this morning. i was like Dez 88 and they are selling jerseys already...i want one <_>
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I already have a Bryant # 88 Jersey that I got off of Ebay a few years ago.

Its Antonio Bryants jersey but no one will ever know.

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    edited April 2010
    "i saw that this morning. i was like Dez 88 and they are selling jerseys already...i want one <_>"

You want every jersey....silly Mexican.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    FUCK I WAS BEAT
    image Photobucket
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    so you guys think tebow is gonna be a flop?
    idk he was like my favorite college player and hes going to my team....
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    not my fault i like a lot of players.

i will by a L. James jersey for you.
    "not my fault i like a lot of players.

i will by a L. James jersey for you."

Stupid rich Mexican is stupid and rich. If you buy me a LBJ jersey I will burn it on Stickam right in front of your eyes.
    "Stupid rich Mexican is stupid and rich. If you buy me a LBJ jersey I will burn it on Stickam right in front of your eyes."

"What can i expect of a faggot with a bowlcut and a wizard robe though, it's clear you just want to spend your days pretending you're Harry Potter. Kill yourself."
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I dont think you will Jake, I dont think you will.
    image Photobucket
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    ""What can i expect of a faggot with a bowlcut and a wizard robe though, it's clear you just want to spend your days pretending you're Harry Potter. Kill yourself.""

wow
    jaycup will know what i am talking about. me and him had a LOL moment at that XD
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    LOL Marc....you get that insult and you continue to use that picture..... <_>
    "I dont think you will Jake, I dont think you will."

Why not?
    because the picture is bad ass Jaycup haha.

ROUND 2 RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    Rams pick Rodger Saffold. guess they want some one to protect Sam.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    33 St. Louis Rodger Saffold OT