Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Jason Kelce is officially retiring today. 

I hate seeing all the greats i grew up with walk away. He is the best pulling inside offensive lineman i have ever seen. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    He is the goat at it. 

He was the goat at qb sneaks before the tush push came about as well. 
    I just read an article that said that 70% of the people that went to the chiefs dolphins playoff game that ended up with fost bite are not being recommended to have an amputation lol 
    wild fucking first few hours. 

Lions - Do something *pokes with stick*
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Black people in Atlanta are mad af that the Falcons signed Cousins instead of trading for Justin Fields. These are mostly the same people that will voraciously argue that Mike Vick was better than Matt Ryan. It’s embarrassing 
    The league is out on fields. Hes not going to get a starting job. He might win one, but hes basicaly a backup at this point. 

Matt ryan sucked. Mick Vick sucked. Kirks is decent, but id have some reservations with the injury he just had. 

ATL has a good team though. They were the best team in that division last year but had horrid QB play, so id expect them to win the division, but its going to be hard to win multiple playoff games with kirk unless their defense becomes a top 10 unit. 
    Matt ryan is a mid level average QB and he was never any better. He had 2 outlier years where his TD/INt ratio was good, other than that it was basically a worse kirk cousins lol. 

He was really good in 2016 & 18. Im not going to call him above average because he won an MVP. 

Julio jones was a generational receiver. one of the top 15 to ever play the game, and he had 1 season with double digit TD's mostly in part because Ryan refused to throw the ball over the middle to him a ton. 

Throwing for 4k yards does not mean you are a good QB. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Matt Ryan is #8 all time in passing yards #9 all time in passing touchdowns, and #10 all time in QB wins :|
    Matt Ryan won an MVP, took us to the NFC championship one year and a Super Bowl another. Meanwhile, Mike Vick was a sad joke that didn’t give a fuck about anything but hanging out with rappers and his stupid cornrows. The stans he has around town are vomit inducing. Ever since the Falcons hired Raheem Morris, it’s been a big deal to the black people here for them to either trade for Fields or draft the QB from LSU so they can be…super black…I guess. It’s fucking stupid. I’m not a huge fan of signing Cousins, but to have so many people being outwardly racist about it is fucked up
    So? He came into the league when it completely changed. teams didn't throw the ball a lot until 2008. 
    Matt Ryan was very underrated. The Falcons never could get the pieces around him right. Either they had no running game or their defense was awful or their line sucked. They kept on getting themselves into cap trouble signing shitty players like Dunta Robinson and Ray Edwards. The year we lost to the 49ers in the NFC championship we had almost no running game at all. Ryan was awesome the entire Super Bowl season until that last quarter, and that wasn’t on him but the defense and play calling. He hit Julio Jones with a magnificent pass to extend one of the drives towards the end. If he had played anywhere but Atlanta, he’d be a god. But playing with a team in a city that cares more about college football on a team that finds magical ways to bungle everything hurt his image a lot
    Yeah i agree with you there. I think you guys should be pumped about cousins over fields. 

IM just saying that Matt was not a great QB. He was okay. Never more than that. Cousins is a slightly better version of that, and the team overall is pretty damn good IMO.

I wasn't trying to say mick vick was better. he sucked more lol. 
    So? He came into the league when it completely changed. teams didn't throw the ball a lot until 2008. 
    This is false. Teams have averaged between 32 and 34 pass attempts a game and between 1.4 and 1.6 passing tds a game since 1995.

But take that away and assume people didn't start passing until 2008 and you still have a top 9 passer in the last 20 years which is far from average 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    SATAN said:
    Black people in Atlanta are mad af that the Falcons signed Cousins instead of trading for Justin Fields. These are mostly the same people that will voraciously argue that Mike Vick was better than Matt Ryan. It’s embarrassing 
    I see that shit all over the place wit Lamar Jackson too. Repeatedly chokes in the playoffs and proved he’s a fraud, but gets every excuse simply cause they want a black QB to succeed. I saw that finally starting to break a lil after this season tho. It’s funny tho because the best QB in the league is black anyways, but he don’t get the same treatment since he’s an Oreo lmao.
    Yeah Mike Vick is a cult hero down here. It’s sad some of the apologists he still has. I honestly think people think he really was the player they used on Madden. I was a gigantic fan the first couple of seasons because of the hype and potential he had. But after a while, he just kept spinning his wheels and didn’t develop. You could tell he was blowing up plays all the time. His tight end Alge Crumpler was the biggest receiving target because Vick would fuck up the progressions and have to check down all the time, even though he could throw 80 yards from his knees. We had Roddy White for 3 years with Vick and he didn’t blossom until Vick was gone and we had Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich playing. Those guys sucked, but at least they followed the play. By the time the dog fighting shit happened, a lot of people hated Vick because it was obvious he didn’t care about winning. In a weird way, his conviction galvanized black people behind him. It made him look like he was being persecuted and a lot of black culture down here thinks fighting dogs is fine and dandy. So now, what? 15 years later we got shit like this

This has been my feed ever since they announced Cousins’ signing yesterday 
    There were never any black QB's when i was a kid so my dad would always repeat what Jimmy the greek said on TV when he was a kid and say they weren't smart enough =))))))
    FLAT said:
    28-3
    Iowa