Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    The Falcons are 6-6 and in first place and I can honestly say that not a single moment of the season has been inspiring. I hate watching this team. It’s like watching a 6 year old run this offense. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Suh coming back to retire as a Lion :-?

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    fuck we need something with mcneil going down. alualu is not going to cut it. 
    Yeah I hope they keep picking up these 36 year old DLs cause we’re in trouble. Hoping for another Bruce Irvin Christmas miracle at this point. 

i think bruce was a good pickup. He showed he can still get to the QB when used sparingly.

Im kind of low key fucking pissed at the coaching staff. Alim got hurt and they had him go back out there and he got hurt worse. 

I understood it with Brain Branch, because a high ankle sprain isn't something that gets worse, but it was a knee. SMH
    They should have given Bruce the game ball after that hit on Carr. That shit would have been in the top ten hits of the season not too long ago. Haha

Im honestly getting kinda annoyed with the lions fan base and their current expectations.

This team this year is a work in progress still, and i hear a lot of crying about how bad the defense is and that this team is going to crash and burn. 

Do people realize that 2 years ago at this time we were 0-10 lol. Or that our defese is miles better than philly, who currently has the best record. smh
    like its been 21 games since we even lost 2 in a row. Lets fucking appreciate that for what it is. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Just continue to enjoy the ride sir. On the bengals Super Bowl run after they lost people were pissed and crying and I’m just standing back like they weren’t even supposed to be here and this run was amazing. Did it suck to lose yeah but it was much more fun to get there and I’m not letting the loss drag me. Now the next year when expectations were there it was easier to get pissed about things and I didn’t even want to watch the Super Bowl after the bengals lost the afc championship game. I made it until the third when I saw some of my parlays might hit lol 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Im honestly getting kinda annoyed with the lions fan base and their current expectations.

This team this year is a work in progress still, and i hear a lot of crying about how bad the defense is and that this team is going to crash and burn. 

Do people realize that 2 years ago at this time we were 0-10 lol. Or that our defese is miles better than philly, who currently has the best record. smh
    Fans have every right to be upset. Most weren’t old enough to watch Barry so you got 0-16 and a couple of decent Stafford years mixed in with a lot of terrible seasons. The work in progress stuff is an excuse. Every year can be a team’s year if the cards fall right for it. The lions looked unstoppable for the most part until the Ravens game and haven’t looked the same since. Lucky af to be 9-3 but I get where people are coming from. 

YDKB if you think any year can be any teams year lol. 

The defense has actually been pretty good this year  (when compared to the last couple) outside of the redzone, and ive got to teach you a little bit about the gameplanning of football. 

There is no game planning when it comes to the redzone. Its 1 on 1 matchups and your guys versus their guys.  Us sucking there isn't because of scheme, its because the players are not good enough to win their 1 on 1's. 

Our defense has been historically bad the last 2 years, and is actually decent this year. If you would have told lions fans at the beginning of the year we'd be 9-3 with a top 10 run defense most of us would have had to visit our doctor for erections lasting longer than 4 hours. 

Were not trying to win now. Were trying to build long term sustained success like the ravens. We are following their model to a T. 

Im just saying were right where we should be. SB expectations are too much for this team. They can win a playoff game but they are about 2-3 players away on defense. 

I will say they have a SB offense though. We can outscore most indoors and outdoors. If Ben is on we can beat anyone, 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    SATAN said:
    I wish I could say that. The Falcons managed to lose the Super Bowl in the most embarrassing way possible. I’ll have to endure 28-3 jokes for the rest of my life 
    This would be funnier to me if it wasn’t to fucking Brady. That shit made me sick to my stomach and I ain’t even a Falcons fan.
    What? The Giants literally won two super bowls with a garbage ass team. Any team can win the Super Bowl depending on the matchups. The Lions still have a chance especially if we get the ball first and go blow for blow with any offense. Do I think they will this year? Hell no but we’ll see what happens. I think we can go blow for blow against the Eagles. Niners would prob shred us. Cowboys are a toss up since it all depends on what Dak shows up but they’ve been real consistent lately and we’ve shown we could beat the Chiefs. 

Defense needs a lot of help and a lot of guys are hurt/have been hurt all season. It sucks but it’s football. I’m just looking at one game at a time and we I’m not looking forward to this shitty Chicago weather game. 

lol the giants had a great defense. and a hall of fame QB lmao. 
    lol the giants had a great defense. and a hall of fame QB lmao. 
    And the Lions have a top 5 offense so what’s the issue? Also plug me in on your crack dealer for thinking Eli is a hof QB. There’s a shit ton of QBs I’d want on my team before I even thought about him. 

He'ds a fitst ballot. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited December 2023
    Eli beat Brady twice in Super Bowls, including shattering the Patriots undefeated season. Winning goes a long way
    57k passing yards. 300+ td's . 2 SB wins. 

1st ballot.