Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Just another reason to not like Pittsburgh. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Suh got hit with a $7,600 fine for the hit on Delhomo.

Better then a 1 game suspension.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Suh got hit with a $7,600 fine for the hit on Delhomo.

Better then a 1 game suspension.
    Mere dimes.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I got so mind fucked right now. The cowboys/dolphins game is on tv right now.
    Trade talks over Vincent Jackson are dead between the San Diego Chargers and an unnamed team after agents for the holdout wide receiver agreed on terms for a new contract with the unnamed team, a league source told ESPN.com.

The agents for Pro Bowler Jackson and the unnamed team agreed to terms on a contract Saturday after the team was given permission by San Diego to talk to Jackson, according to the source.

Talks ended after the Chargers and the unnamed team reached an impasse over trade compensation, according to the source. The exact compensation package San Diego is seeking is unknown, but the team does believe Jackson is a valuable player, so it's no surprise they want a lot in return for him.

San Diego's trade demands could decrease as Jackson's holdout continues or the Chargers' could let him sit out the season. Jackson has said he is prepared to sit out the entire season.

Jackson held out all of training camp and the preseason, seeking a five-year contract worth $50 million, with $30 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton. San Diego is balking at giving him a new deal.

Jackson was deemed a restricted free agent due to the lack of a collective bargaining agreement in 2011. If he doesn't play in the final six games of the year, Jackson will not accrue a year toward free agency. In that case, if there is no lockout in 2011, he'll still be a restricted free agent when the 2010 season ends.

Jackson faces a three-game suspension from the NFL after two drunken driving arrests and then must sit three more games because San Diego placed him on the roster exempt list. If he is traded, the NFL Players' Association will probably try to get Jackson off the exempt list and get him on the field after his NFL suspension is served.

In August, San Diego gave Seattle permission to talk to Jackson, but the Seahawks could not come to an agreement with the receiver.
    The Houston Texans have emerged as a leading candidate to sign former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Texans were one of the first teams to contact Leinart after he was released Saturday and have been among the most interested teams, according to the sources.
    The Houston Texans have emerged as a leading candidate to sign former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Texans were one of the first teams to contact Leinart after he was released Saturday and have been among the most interested teams, according to the sources.
    Why? He's just going to be back up like in Arizona. Send him to the Raiders already. He's carrier is almost dead anyway.
    He's going to be a backup no matter where he signs.
    I bet he would start in Oakland since Campbell is out :P
    By default, I guess....but I haven't heard anything from the Raiders.
    Jets cut Tony Richardson :\ That was a big surprise to a lot of people today.

Cincy interested in T.J hasafuckinglongasslastname.
    McNabb is going to start on Sunday and Haynesworth is going to be benched for "awful" performance lolol.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited September 2010
    After a seven-month stalemate often marked by acrimony, Darrelle Revis and the New York Jets reached an agreement in principle Sunday night, sources told ESPN.com.

In an attempt to end the impasse with his star cornerback, coach Rex Ryan flew to South Florida over the weekend and met with Revis, league sources confirmed.

Ryan's 11th-hour appearance may have triggered a breakthrough in the stalemate and opened "the lines of communication," according to a source.

Revis is expected to play in the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens, a week from Monday.
    Well fuck.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I added him :3
    On waivers? <_>
    Dropped Cowboys D/ST and added Revis :3

Oh, and nice poll....again... <_>
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well fuck.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I added him :3
    He's not gonna be that valuable, because he's a cover corner, not a guy who's gonna amass a lot of stats.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page