Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    He'll get a game for that.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    He'll be fine J. No one is going ape shit over it and Delhomo is all "it's awesome to get hit like that. Gets the blood pumping."
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    That big black guy made that little white guy his bitch. Prison rules don't apply here sir you will get a penalty
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Yep, Suh should get suspended a game for that.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    He should have been removed from that game. I don't think he should get suspended a regular season game just fined. Last year ray Lewis put a much worse hit on ocho and got fined.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TiddyTiddy Posts: 365
    any of you guys, probably J will have done, the Lions guy run over 3 kids in his pre-game intro? Classic.
    The Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders and New York Giants have had discussions about trading for Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Leinart and the Cardinals are tiring of each other and as each day passes, many believe a trade of Leinart, who is unhappy that he's not starting, is more likely with roster moves coming this weekend, sources said.

And one executive told ESPN.com's Mike Sando that the Cardinals were calling around, trying to gauge the market for Leinart.

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt has decided to start Derek Anderson instead of Leinart in Thursday's preseason finale -- the second straight game Whisenhunt has tabbed Anderson as the starter instead of Leinart, who was widely expected to claim the job following Kurt Warner's retirement.

That decision followed a meeting between Leinart and Whisenhunt Monday afternoon, after the former Heisman Trophy winner told reporters that he had outplayed Anderson in training camp and preseason, and that his problem with his coach "probably goes beyond football."

The Bills' website said the team has not discussed trading for Leinart and will not trade for him. But two sources said the Bills had ongoing discussions this summer with the Cardinals regarding a trade for Leinart.

Bills offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins coached Arizona's running backs last year. He is a big Leinart proponent and explained to Bills officials why he believed the team should make a trade for Leinart, a league source said.

Buffalo, however, is unlikely to trade for Leinart because the Bills are uncomfortable about bringing aboard the quarterback's contract, which carries a $2.485 million base salary this season and balloons to $7.36 million next season.

As for the Raiders and Giants, at least one member of each organization had a conversation this week discussing the idea of trading for Leinart. It is unknown how serious each team is about Leinart, but the topic has been broached in the organizations. The point to all this is clear: The Cardinals are willing to deal Leinart.

The Raiders denied interest in Leinart on Wednesday, saying in a statement they have never discussed acquiring him and that they are "very happy" about their quarterback situation.

Both the Raiders and Giants face injury issues at the position.

The Giants have lost veteran backup Jim Sorgi for the season with a shoulder injury, leaving second-year QB Rhett Bomar as the top backup to Eli Manning.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin acknowledged Tuesday that the team is looking for a veteran replacement, but only for the right price.

"Well, it depends on what the availability and what the cost is," Coughlin said. "I'm not saying we're doing that [bringing in a quarterback], but our people are not caught by surprise by this [Sorgi]. Our guys have been working on this for a couple of weeks."

Raiders starter Jason Campbell is recovering from a stinger sustained in a preseason game last week and returned to practice Monday. Bruce Gradkowski currently is penciled in as his backup.
    In Friday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask the commissioner to reduce the six-game suspension by at least three games, bringing along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case, sources with knowledge of upcoming proceedings told ESPN.

Roethlisberger was suspended in April for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy a week after prosecutors decided not charge him in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

At the time, Goodell pledged to consider reducing the length of the suspension if Roethlisberger complied with a number of league-imposed conditions, including a comprehensive behavioral evaluation, and stayed clear of any other off-field problems.

Most observers believe Goodell has had in his mind all along to reduce the suspension by two games to four. But Roethlisberger's attorney, David Cornwell, is expected to ask for a greater reduction in the suspension, according to those with knowledge of discussions between the commissioner's office and the quarterback's representatives.
    I don't think they should reduce it and not just because I am a bengals fan. He has been in trouble several times and been proven to be an all around piece of shit as a person. The team should have dropped him when he had his motorcycle wreck because he violated his contract. I believe it will be reduced but I don't exactly agree with it.
    Oo and Matt leinhart, quit being a bitch and win the job you don't just deserve it because you have been waiting you earn it on the field. Obviously you're not the best for the job at the moment.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    In the past few years hes only thrown 1 touchdown pass...

Ive seen Highschool football quarterbacks play better than him.....
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Pats Vs giants 2nite
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Lets get tonights games over and done with and get to the real deal.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    thats what i am thinking. most of the starters will be resting tonight. Game one of the season is on the 12th against the Bengals. Big thing the Pats will need to work on is the D. If the D doesn't get its act togther, game 1 is going to be very high scoring
    John I was telling someone yesterday I thought game one would be high scoring for both teams
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    one week till vikings - saints!!! that games gonna be awesme
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    one week till vikings - saints!!! that games gonna be awesme
    PSH! The whole week is going to be awesome.

TNF with Saints and Vikings. SNF with Cowboys/Redskins, then MNF with Jets/Ravens. Going to be a hell of a week of football.
    Bengals at patriots is better then any of those