Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

three questions for the person below you

Comments

• Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,594 spicy boy
    Why did Bruce go off on them 
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
  • Options
    WOKE said:
    Yeah fuck Bruce. Sharon notwithstanding,  And before that tour, nobody gave a shit about IronMaiden outside of Sum41 fans. 
    Yea its not like Maiden are one of the biggest and best bands in metal
    Revisionist history. Nobody gave a fuck about them for years until that tour. Look up the club dates they played all through the 90s with Blaze Bailey on setlist.fm. Ozzfest did well the year before with a reformed Priest so they dusted Maiden off and put a fresh coat of paint on Maiden trying to replicate it and they pretty much torpedoed the tour
  • Options
    ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Lost me at Sum 41 fans
    inb4lists
  • Options
    Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Maiden hasn't put out a good album in years....Old shit is fantastic but the "newer" shit blows...Dickenson runs his mouth all the time about other bands and about fans filming him and whatever..f him
  • Options
    MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    That applies to literally every classic metal band tho
  • Options
    DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Maiden hasn't put out a good album in years....Old shit is fantastic but the "newer" shit blows...Dickenson runs his mouth all the time about other bands and about fans filming him and whatever..f him
     Nah dawg. I'll call bullshit. They're one of the only older bands that are still putting out consistently good and creative music. As good as their old Shit? Maybe not but literally what old ass band could say that? The Final Frontier was one of the best pieces of music they've ever released. That album was incredible. Since they came back after Blaze, they've been putting out either amazing or good records. Satan, Idk wtf you're talking. Brave New World and Final Frontier were amazing and they went right back to playing areneas and stadiums literally the very first tour Bruce came back on. Yeah they played clubs with Blaze because no one cares for him. How does that equate to any kind of Maiden decline? Remember Fear Of The Dark? That little album that came out before Bruce left. Big success. Idk where your argument is coming from. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Honestly their new shit is just as good. Id put Brave New World, Dance With Death, and Final Frontier on with their 80s material
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    >final frontier

you smoking rocks bruh
  • Options
    slap said:
    >final frontier

you smoking rocks bruh
    That album was great. When The Wild Wind Blows was one of the best songs they've ever written. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Brave New World definitely is up there. I'd out everything else a tier below but still 8/10
  • Options
    To each their own.....I think you guys are out of your fucking minds..none of the newer shit compares with any of the older shit...Powerslave is greater than all and it's not even close
  • Options
    slap said:
    >final frontier

you smoking rocks bruh
    That album was great. When The Wild Wind Blows was one of the best songs they've ever written. 
    You're fucking nuts...that song sucks
  • Options
    Dime said:
     Nah dawg. I'll call bullshit. They're one of the only older bands that are still putting out consistently good and creative music. As good as their old Shit? Maybe not but literally what old ass band could say that? The Final Frontier was one of the best pieces of music they've ever released. That album was incredible. Since they came back after Blaze, they've been putting out either amazing or good records. Satan, Idk wtf you're talking. Brave New World and Final Frontier were amazing and they went right back to playing areneas and stadiums literally the very first tour Bruce came back on. Yeah they played clubs with Blaze because no one cares for him. How does that equate to any kind of Maiden decline? Remember Fear Of The Dark? That little album that came out before Bruce left. Big success. Idk where your argument is coming from. 
    Yup I remember fotd....it was ok
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,594 spicy boy
    Dude just what mc said, when the wild wild blows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options
    Rutabaga said:
    WOKE said:
    WOKE said:
    Yeah fuck Bruce. Sharon notwithstanding,  And before that tour, nobody gave a shit about IronMaiden outside of Sum41 fans. 
    Revisionist history. Nobody gave a fuck about them for years until that tour. Look up the club dates they played all through the 90s with Blaze Bailey on setlist.fm. Ozzfest did well the year before with a reformed Priest so they dusted Maiden off and put a fresh coat of paint on Maiden trying to replicate it and they pretty much torpedoed the tour
    The Bailey era toured small venues because Bailey sucked and no one gave a fuck. When Bruce came back - 6 years before Ozzfest btw - they went straight back to touring arenas. 

I guess. Regardless, it was a shitty way to treat someone that pretty much tossed a bunch of money in their laps. And it was sad to watch people turn on Ozzy over it. I get that their show over saturated them, but dude was pretty much the face of metal until that point and broke 3 decades worth of bands by having awesome openers. Sum 41 wears some Maiden shirts, Ozzfest gives em a call, they talk shit on Sabbath, Sharon has some Mexican day laborers toss eggs at Dicklesson, and all of the sudden none of that matters. Now I get 20 somethings telling me how great Maiden are. Tbh, people are even kinda ridiculous about Sharon. Feel how you want about her, but without her Ozzy and Sabbath's legacy would've been severely diminished. Keep in mind that Sabbath fell apart. Without Ozzy maintaining popularity, they would've drifted into relative obscurity. Instead, people pined for a reunion because Sabbath needed Ozzy. Sharon hired Randy Rhoades. Sharon created fucking Ozzfest. 

Im sure my opinion of Maiden is kinda biased because I fucking hate their music. It's always been over dramatic and wanky to me. They appealed to greasy mullet kids in their heyday. Like FFDP or A7X. They belong to people like Eddie Trunk. I was pretty happy not having to hear about them. To have them make their big comeback on Ozzy's dime and turn on him, then have people use them as the flag to fly in opposition to the Osbournes fucking sucks
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AmrIydnXIs

Jersey...Yes I was at this show
    Greatest song they have ever recorded hands down
  • Options
    WOKE said:
    Rutabaga said:
    WOKE said:
    WOKE said:
    The Bailey era toured small venues because Bailey sucked and no one gave a fuck. When Bruce came back - 6 years before Ozzfest btw - they went straight back to touring arenas. 

I guess. Regardless, it was a shitty way to treat someone that pretty much tossed a bunch of money in their laps. And it was sad to watch people turn on Ozzy over it. I get that their show over saturated them, but dude was pretty much the face of metal until that point and broke 3 decades worth of bands by having awesome openers. Sum 41 wears some Maiden shirts, Ozzfest gives em a call, they talk shit on Sabbath, Sharon has some Mexican day laborers toss eggs at Dicklesson, and all of the sudden none of that matters. Now I get 20 somethings telling me how great Maiden are. Tbh, people are even kinda ridiculous about Sharon. Feel how you want about her, but without her Ozzy and Sabbath's legacy would've been severely diminished. Keep in mind that Sabbath fell apart. Without Ozzy maintaining popularity, they would've drifted into relative obscurity. Instead, people pined for a reunion because Sabbath needed Ozzy. Sharon hired Randy Rhoades. Sharon created fucking Ozzfest. 

Im sure my opinion of Maiden is kinda biased because I fucking hate their music. It's always been over dramatic and wanky to me. They appealed to greasy mullet kids in their heyday. Like FFDP or A7X. They belong to people like Eddie Trunk. I was pretty happy not having to hear about them. To have them make their big comeback on Ozzy's dime and turn on him, then have people use them as the flag to fly in opposition to the Osbournes fucking sucks
    Dio Sabbath was incredibly popular too. Their run as Heaven and Hell sold a lot