Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vent

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    I said some of this before in one of the other threads. In collaboration with the owner of these boards, I facilitated a prank of quite epic proportions. Some things you should realize before you get rage froth all over that nice shirt:

1) Total amount of data (of any kind) lost as a result of prank: 0 bytes
    2) Total amount of engaging activity generated by prank: 22 hours and counting, + 76,000 extra page hits
    3) Number of people still genuinely butthurt: 1 (hint: its you)

For a few hours there was more to see / talk about than Bianca vs. Erik, or yet another post in the WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS thread. You guys come here to hang out, to waste time, to talk about your appreciation of metal, and to be entertained. This prank was entertaining and a good waste of whatever time you were willing to throw at it.
    Tim: Not part of the core from the old boards. Was never a vote to give him power. Another child that is using this board as a playground
    I have the "Administrator" tag purely as a convenience so that when I perform upgrades, I don't have to tediously forge my login credentials to see the dashboard and check things out. I also do it out of respect for the privacy of you, the admins. For our other hosted forums, when I need to fix something, I "spoof" the credentials of one of the admins, essentially logging me in as them. I could (in theory) post as them, read their messages, etc. I set up a separate user here so that I would not be constantly infringing on your personal accounts. I feel like it is better for me, and better for you.

On top of that, remember that ultimately anything you can do with your Administrator role, I can do directly on the server filesystem and DB level... plus a shitton more. There was no voting to give me power, that's just how it is. If my being tagged as Administrator bugs you, remove it. I really do understand. But know that for all your accusations, I have never performed any moderation of the members of this forum, so your territory is safe, Internet Tough Guy!

For this, you get me personally monitoring the uptime and stability of your forum. Whenever we do an update, I specifically check mayhem first out of the 10,000+ forums we currently host, a large number of which actually pay us substantial amounts of money. I wrote the Signatures, Quotes, IP Tracking and Last Edited plugins specifically for (and to the specifications of) this forum. I installed these plugins in spite of the fact that you guys are not paying for the type of service package that would typically greenlight that level of service.

I enjoy hanging out with you cunts. You post some funny shit, and your forum always has something new to read. I like that you're all pretty chill and fun to talk to, and especially that you can usually be counted on to provide some kind of witty back-and-forth in your discussions. I like that there are those among you who appreciate funny memes, and the occasional good internet prank. But if you want me to stop getting involved, and leave, I will. You are customers and I will of course respect your request, but it is a two way street and I quite object to being maligned in this way.

Let me know.
    there are some who call me... tim?
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    Tim is the man!!

:D
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I would like for Tim to stay.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I don't really get why John is still so upset over this...

• MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited October 2010
    Without Tim and the rest of the dudes at Vanilla, our forum would still have the default theme that killed our eyes. We would also not have any of the addons, like sigs, post count, who's online, the banner, etc..

They give us all this stuff for free, when normally I should be paying $49 a month. I appreciate all the stuff they've done for us. Not only do they hook us up with some awesome stuff, they're cool to talk to. So, I vote Tim stays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't really get why John is still so upset over this...

imageimage
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Tim, your cool shit & your a fellow canadian. If some people can't take a joke/prank thats their fucking problem. i thought it was funny and a well thought out prank. the only thing that was hurt was a few peoples ego's for their over reacting, and if they cant get over that well boo fucking hoo to them
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I said some of this before in one of the other threads. In collaboration with the owner of these boards, I facilitated a prank of quite epic proportions. Some things you should realize before you get rage froth all over that nice shirt:

1) Total amount of data (of any kind) lost as a result of prank: 0 bytes
    2) Total amount of engaging activity generated by prank: 22 hours and counting, + 76,000 extra page hits
    3) Number of people still genuinely butthurt: 1 (hint: its you)

For a few hours there was more to see / talk about than Bianca vs. Erik, or yet another post in the WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS thread. You guys come here to hang out, to waste time, to talk about your appreciation of metal, and to be entertained. This prank was entertaining and a good waste of whatever time you were willing to throw at it.
    Tim: Not part of the core from the old boards. Was never a vote to give him power. Another child that is using this board as a playground
    I have the "Administrator" tag purely as a convenience so that when I perform upgrades, I don't have to tediously forge my login credentials to see the dashboard and check things out. I also do it out of respect for the privacy of you, the admins. For our other hosted forums, when I need to fix something, I "spoof" the credentials of one of the admins, essentially logging me in as them. I could (in theory) post as them, read their messages, etc. I set up a separate user here so that I would not be constantly infringing on your personal accounts. I feel like it is better for me, and better for you.

On top of that, remember that ultimately anything you can do with your Administrator role, I can do directly on the server filesystem and DB level... plus a shitton more. There was no voting to give me power, that's just how it is. If my being tagged as Administrator bugs you, remove it. I really do understand. But know that for all your accusations, I have never performed any moderation of the members of this forum, so your territory is safe, Internet Tough Guy!

For this, you get me personally monitoring the uptime and stability of your forum. Whenever we do an update, I specifically check mayhem first out of the 10,000+ forums we currently host, a large number of which actually pay us substantial amounts of money. I wrote the Signatures, Quotes, IP Tracking and Last Edited plugins specifically for (and to the specifications of) this forum. I installed these plugins in spite of the fact that you guys are not paying for the type of service package that would typically greenlight that level of service.

I enjoy hanging out with you cunts. You post some funny shit, and your forum always has something new to read. I like that you're all pretty chill and fun to talk to, and especially that you can usually be counted on to provide some kind of witty back-and-forth in your discussions. I like that there are those among you who appreciate funny memes, and the occasional good internet prank. But if you want me to stop getting involved, and leave, I will. You are customers and I will of course respect your request, but it is a two way street and I quite object to being maligned in this way.

Let me know.
    If this isn't fucking ownage idk what is. I will forever be your man slave Tim.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Do i smell some counter trolling by jon? if not, dude it was a prank, its been over for a day now.

and tim is awesome
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Mutiny!
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I will back my man john up for a sec.. I think he just doesnt want this place to turn into some trolling joke site and still remain a descent forum for convo and shit, thats all.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I understand that, and like I said, I have no intention of ever doing that. We just wanted to amuse you guys, and ourselves yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well mikey an tim r cool with me.... i thought it was pretty genius
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Bawse troll was bawse. As long as this place doesn't

1. Become overrun with trolls
    2. Become incorporated into the "official" boards (lol)

I will stay.
    I love winning with women
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I have no problem with Tim,Mike or the prank. Everything is back to normal so just move on.

I appreciate the Vanilla guys for helping us out.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    The one thing that irks me is others on here (Erik) might be encouraged to try to top the troll. They won't be able to but this place would lose discussion and just be a trolling place.

I don't care about the prank to be honest. I'm staying here and I really appreciate all Tim and the guys at Vanila have done for us. Thanks Vanilla!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I agree for the most part, except for Tim. Dude's cool, so what if he was involved in a prank. I thought it was a good job by all of them.
    image Photobucket
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    "3) Number of people still genuinely butthurt: 1 (hint: its you)"

HAHA..this guy gets me. He really gets me.
    image Photobucket