Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Hockey seems to be a pretty metal friendly sport for whatever reason. Hell, when the Dallas Stars score a goal a song by Pantera plays that they had specifically written for the team cause they were all big fans. It's pretty sick.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I think the capitals have a fight song Darkest hour did for them 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Hockey loves metal
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    The penguins used to have Party Hard as their goal song. I cant remember what their current goal song is right now but their entrance song is Seek & Destroy by Metallica
    imageimage
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Sending the album in for mastering this week. Should be out by May at the latest. 🙏🏻
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Sending the album in for mastering this week. Should be out by May at the latest. 🙏🏻
    Who are you working with?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Mixing and mastering were both handled by separate engineers but the mastering engineer’s name is Tom Waltz.
    Doing a loosely connected trilogy. This first album “Bad Influence”, then a short EP titled “Hedonistic”, then my next album, “Serotonin Syndrome”
    These are the front and back covers, plus the CD art for the physical copies. Only difference is that I now need the back cover altered because that mastering engineer is no longer the mastering engineer lmao so Tom Waltz needs to be in his place.

Thank you. I purposely wanted a clean minimalistic cover. It was a collaborative effort between me and the graphic designer I hired, and I also sent him the whole album, (Granted, an album of demos since he clearly didn’t get the final mixed and mastered product.) so that he could hear it and kind of give me his own visual interpretation of the record. The original cover he sent me was GORGEOUS, I may still have it and if so I’ll post it in a second, but I felt that it was kinda too much and “too artsy”. It didn’t really feel like it represented the mood of the record at all and was basically too “pretty” if that makes sense. So I had told him to start from scratch and give me something more minimalist (Which is more in line wit his usual style anyways.) and this is what came of that.

I’m gonna have him do the covers for Hedonistic and Serotonin Syndrome in the same style as well, so that even down to the physical representation, they LOOK like a trilogy as well.
    edited March 2020
    This was the original:

Like I said it’s a great cover, but I guess my main issue was the fact that it looks like the album inside of it will be Post Rock lmao.
    The original mastering engineer was garbage tho. I had sent him one song and luckily not the whole album, but when he sent the master back, it sounded good, but there was a faint but very noticeable ringing coming out of the left speaker/headphone. Showed it to everybody and everybody else heard it too. It wasn’t present in the mix either so it was specifically something he did that fucked it up. He eventually fixed it, but not before basically getting pissy and defensive talmbout “I’ve been mastering for 20+ years and I do not hear a ringing so I can’t fix a problem I don’t hear. I’ve showed it to all the other engineers here at the studio and no other professional hears it either.” Eventually it was fixed so clearly he heard it and knew exactly what I was talking about, but was too proud to admit a mistake. Immediately dropped him for that alone.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    That's awesome man! Congrats. Can't wait to check it 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Mate bought me this back from a trip he did to brazil 

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Mixing and mastering were both handled by separate engineers but the mastering engineer’s name is Tom Waltz.
    You work with anyone Chicago based? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    You work with anyone Chicago based? 
    Engineer wise? No. However, the engineer for this album, while good, is way too slow and is the main reason this album was held up. And that’s not to point fingers, jus the truth. Because writing and recording has been complete for over a year now so everything on my end was taken care of. So for the next projects, I will be going to an engineer at GlassTree Studios in Chicago to handle mixing,  (Still recording at home tho. Have an A1 home studio that I invested a lot into so there’s no reason for me to waste money on recording time elsewhere.) and then I will most likely stick to this same mastering engineer for all the masters and continue sending them to him.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    +1 physical copy sold right here
    let me know when you get them in. 
    Pass the god damn butter.