Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    One good thing about being forever alone. Never needing to worry about that. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    See ya there dude. \m/
     Fuck yeah brother \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Took my laptop apart and fixed that bitch. Problem solved.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Dime said:
    Maiden again fuck yes!! Can't wait. Wish I can see them twice in one year again but I have to be smart with money :( but three times in under two years is bad ass \m/ 4th overall Maiden show tho! Can't wait. 
    I like Maiden and have seen them a ton of times but since Powerslave....let's be honest.....alot to be desired and their setlist always suck
    Gary said:
    Dime said:
    Maiden again fuck yes!! Can't wait. Wish I can see them twice in one year again but I have to be smart with money :( but three times in under two years is bad ass \m/ 4th overall Maiden show tho! Can't wait. 
    I like Maiden and have seen them a ton of times but since Powerslave....let's be honest.....alot to be desired and their setlist always suck
     Lol nahh. The first show I saw them on was Maiden England and that set list was gold. Not to mention they've had alot of good albums since then. Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Brave New World and The Final Frontier were fantastic albums. All of their work from Brave New World and up has been great. Set list wasn't as good the last time I saw them but still a great set. I see no problems with their sets, they've always been prone to play a decent amount of new shit. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Their 2010-2011 tour where they played Brave New World and newer material was GOAT
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Wish I had gone to Maiden England 2011 but this makes up for it
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Except for the one tour where they played AMOLAD front to back they've always done a pretty good job of putting in old stuff along with the new. I went in blind last year and was blown away when they played Children of the Damned and Powerslave.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Yeah Maiden has always had a great mix. I love that they don't have to rely on the older stuff and keep some newer stuff in rotation. Theyre good at bringing out random deep cuts too. I love Megadeth and I love Slayer but, with a couple of exceptions, they play the same set every time besides a couple from the new album which they'll scrap after the tour anyway. I much prefer Maiden's approach. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Slayer has played different sets every time ive seen them

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Slayer does a decent job of rotating too. Megadeth's setlist problems are well documented at this point.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Slayer not as much, but they are guilty of it. I'm just speaking from experience. I've seen them 5 times and 3 of them were basically the same set. But goddamn the most recent one with Testament and Carcass was beautiful. They dusted of some shit man. They had two Chicago stops so they tried to mix it up and on mine I got Payback, Black Magic and Jesus Saves which was fucking sick. 
    Ya know what come to think of it two of those were Mayhem sets so that explains it. My bad I had a slow moment. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Jesus Saves \m/
    I've seen Slayer 4 times, twice at Mayhem and twice headlining. Respectively, each couple were almost exactly the same.
    Their two mayhem sets weren't that similar that I saw. DISCIPLE \m/

Then I saw them with gojira and they got upstaged.
    Yeah that tour was straight embarrassing with the show gojira put on and having paul bostaph on drums 
    When I ran into Dave Lombardo at a tasty burger I told him I'd seen slayer twice since he left and that they sucked compared to before his exit and he was just like yeah that's expected
    I can't even put gojira's heaviness live into words. It's like the universe coming out of the amps and fucking crushing you.

@rex