Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Part time is less than 40 hours. Full time is 40 hours. Overtime is over 40 hours  
    nah. in the eyes of the law part time is classified as anything less than 30
    well really its determined from job to job but if you work 30 you can get unemployment if fired 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Minimum adult wage here is about $15 per hour 
    Probably one of the reasons things end up being so expensive here 

I would rarely work 40 hours per week UP 
    They call me a part timer at work just to wind me up but I'm a contractor (the only one in our branch) so I work the hours I want 
    boss did my bonus seperate from my check so it was hardly taxed at all \m/
    were in here talking about Christmas bonus's like Erik be talking about what he gets for Christmas from his mom every year. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I see a flag in your future. 

Sundays are double time. And anything over 40 is time and a half for us UP. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited December 2016
    Once i have a car it will probably be about 40. It takes me an hour to get to and from work...
    Honestly, this part is mind blowing to me. I don't know how you make that kinda money, don't have kids, and still don't have a ride. From what I hear it's different in other places, but you can't do shit here without a car. Not that I'd want to either. I hate buses, cabs and trains...mainly because I hate other people
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Part time is less than 40 hours. Full time is 40 hours. Overtime is over 40 hours  
    nah. in the eyes of the law part time is classified as anything less than 30
    fuck law, you a part timer under 40. 

I'm on holiday break right now, but my last week before it started i ended up with 53 hours. Gonna be a good check. 
    inb4lists
    SATAN said:
    Once i have a car it will probably be about 40. It takes me an hour to get to and from work...
    Honestly, this part is mind blowing to me. I don't know how you make that kinda money, don't have kids, and still don't have a ride. From what I hear it's different in other places, but you can't do shit here without a car. Not that I'd want to either. I hate buses, cabs and trains...mainly because I hate other people
    yeah where i live i don't really need a car. I live right downtown and the public transit basically covers the entire city and suburbs. There is a grocery store and head shop 4 blocks from my house and my weed man lives about equally as far away. Plus i live a 5-10 minute walk from the very center of downtown so if i want to go to the bar or out to dinner basically every restaurant in the city is at my disposal.  Living right downtown makes it easy for me to get rides if i need them.

Do i want a car? hell yeah, but its not something thats killing me not having. Whats mostly kept me from getting one is the overhead costs.  I don't really want to pay an  insurance payment even though i receive a 25% discount. That and it costs me 13.50$ to get to and from work each week right now. The only reason it takes so long is because i live on the opposite side of town i work on.

I just put my headphones in and jam some music or read the walking dead comic or take a nap on the bus. I used to hate it but now that im used to it i really don't mind it. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I only work like ~35 hours a week but I'm always on the clock as soon as I get home until I fall asleep.
    I've been helping putting together a mini/small scale fest thing in orlando for june 17th and 18th, and we just confirmed the headliners. It revolves around hardcore, post hardcore, grind, punk, power violence etc. Never been so stoked on something. 
    inb4lists
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Who are the headliners, Will?
    Deez Nuts
    Oddly enough, this was almost true. 
    inb4lists
    So you actually reached out to Deez Nuts? Did you hear back?

SATAN said:
    Who are the headliners, Will?
    One day is more melodic/post hardcore stuff, the other is more hardcore and grind. Ill post the flyer here when its finalized. 
    inb4lists
    So you actually reached out to Deez Nuts? Did you hear back?
    One of the guys who helps with our booking company knows one of the guys in the band. He asked them about playing, since they apparently live in the US now, but scheduling conflicts made it impossible to work with for our dates. I'm not a fan, but i know they'd bring out a bunch of kids in the orlando area. 
    inb4lists
    ... said:
     i know they'd bring out a bunch of kids in the orlando area. 
    A bunch of fags
    Not surprised