Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jobe said:
    Looks nice and clean but very bare bones. I get that looks don't matter but a few gallons of paint here and there would really make a huge difference. Black or blue paint behind the foam would make it look way better. Nobody paints a studio beige. Make it bold. Personally I'd paint the ceiling  and sloped walls like the cosmos, paint the desk a dramatic color, add the logo to it as well and finish the desk with a glass topper so working at the desk doesn't fuck the paint up over time. No hate, just my opinion. Nice job either way.
    It ain't beige that's jus how the filter makes it look. Floor is white, straight walls are black, slanted walls are white, and ceiling is black. Entire room already got a brand new paint job, that was the first thing I did. It was all baby blue before. Thanks tho.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Gotcha. I just don't care for how the gaps in the foam look with the white behind it, but that's just me. I also come from more of a tattoo shop background so I'm used to going with a bolder look. I'm just glad it's not beige :))
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited August 2016
    Do you have a booth too, or just the production space?

Also just a minor suggestion, consider filling in some of the space with egg cartons for some refraction. 
    No. I was gonna make the walk in closet a booth but honestly it's tiny and I'm 6'3" so all I see that leading to is dreading every uncomfortable hot ass recording session leading to bad takes. Plus my Auralex consultant said the ideal spot to record in this specific room based on dimensions and everything is in the very center of the room. Plus pretty much every source I read online before purchasing everything said a small booth in a closet or similar, especially heavily treated, is a bad idea cause it deadens the sound way too much. Plus a point was made that vocal booths at any professional studio worth their salt are usually decently spacey. And both studios I went to, sure enough their vocal booths were damn near the length of this room, jus slightly less wide. 

However, those 2 big pads that are on stands that you can see behind my desk, they can also be moved and used as a portable vocal booth, which my Auralex consultant told me himself. You position them like /\ wit the mic in the middle. So I'm definitely gonna toy wit that but the sound in here is already perfect and I'm gettin the cleanest takes I've ever gotten wit the mic jus in the middle of the room so even that might dead the sound too much. Definitely gonna experiment tho. 
    Post edited by Episode on
    Been toyin around wit tracks (Mainly rerecordings) wit my boy for the last 3 hours and my "demos" now sound nearly as good without any mixing as my mixed tracks did before. Can't wait to get a new one mixed and see what it's lookin like.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Damn, not only did Gawker decalre bankrupctcy from that whole Hulk Hogan deal, the editor in chief has all of his assets seized to pay Hulk. 

sweet sweet justice.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Panopticon is about to go on. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    LEGEND said:
    Damn, not only did Gawker decalre bankrupctcy from that whole Hulk Hogan deal, the editor in chief has all of his assets seized to pay Hulk. 

sweet sweet justice.
    I wonder how that was possible. They must not be a corporation
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I think both Gawker and the editor were listed as induvidual defendants. Idk much about law but thats my understanding
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just got back from a camping trip with my buddies. Such a fun and relaxing weekend. Nice to be away from people buried in their phones and shit. And I got tomorrow off. 
    if tou ever get a chance to see False go. Seriously one of the best live bands around 
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I wasnt too impressed with them last july but it was free at least

who were the best band this weekend?
    I love winning with women
    Well False for one ya dingus. Krallice, Yellow Eyes, Vastum, Panopticon, Mournful Congregation, and Vhol were the highlights. I surprised by Magic Circle, jay should check them out. Only regret was not catching Auroch's full set cuz I was fucking with em but only caught like 10 minutes. really every band was great I had so much fun this weekend 
    Also got a very rare demo from the Cormorant dudes 
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    glad to hear vastum and mournful were good. they were my favorites of the lineup along with krallive.
    I love winning with women
    If you ever get the chance to see Vastum for sure go. Their super solid live and the frontman is very intense with crowd interaction. He's stage diving half the time 
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Two weeks until I'm in NYC m'fucka! \m/
    edited August 2016
    Hopefully this will take down Kotaku and Jezebel with it. :') 
    Now to wait for the end of Buzzfeed, The Mary Sue, Polygon, Tumblr, and Huffpost. 

• WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Why hate on Buzzfeed besides the clickbait?
    Wine said:
    Why hate on Buzzfeed besides the clickbait?
    Their SJW ideology