Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    <_> @ a $325 (system, game, 4Gb memory card) cheapest base purchase for the Vita.
    FFFFFUUUU! what happened to being like 3DS cheap like they said
    Here is a suggestion. How about you pay it off over time and not day of like a retard :D

Seriously it comes out next year and you have plenty of time to pay it off.

Games are $40 btw. Uncharted is going to be awesome :3
    i'll still buy it, i was just hopeing it'd be cheaper

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited October 2011
    Modern Warfare 3 going to shit all over Mass Effect 3. Not even fair.
    that 6 hour campaign is gonna shit all over me3..... right...
    I'm sorry your eye-hand coordination sucks so bad that you can't play shooters. It's a gift not an art. *puts hand on forehead*

i don't understand why playing videogames for their storyline is such a hard concept to grasp.

also most console FPS players would get demolished by PC players so bragging about skills on a console is slanted
    yea storyline is what's important for me in a game. thats why the only FPS i really play is Duke Nukem
    You fucking kidding me? YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??????????????
    i been playing Duke long time, since 3D at least

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i dont really care about story in a FPS all that much. if im playing a FPS, most of the time i'd rather run and gun. not saying story is a bad thing but if a game is giving me unlimited ammo then i wanna shoot everything in sight lol. i like both styles though because both are a good change of pace from each other.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    I never play a FPS for the story. It's just something about the story in FPS that turns me off.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    COD 4 had the best FPS story for a long ass time. I thought it was really damn good and the "all ghilled(or how ever you spell it) up" part of the story was insane. That was my favorite part by far.
    lol that goes to show you how much i care about story in a FPS. i dont even remember the story from that game other than i got to shoot a lot of terrorists and the occasional boss.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    COD 4 had the best FPS story for a long ass time. I thought it was really damn good and the "all ghilled(or how ever you spell it) up" part of the story was insane. That was my favorite part by far.
    It still does...
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Shit went downhill after that game...shame

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited October 2011
    sometimes war games, like medal of honor rising sun , have good story mode but i remember them being wayy to short
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Bioshock made CoD it's bitch
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I loved modern warfare 2's story. And the ending was epic to play.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    It was a fun story but it seemed like overkill on high.
    sometimes war games, like medal of honor rising sun , have good story mode but i remember them being wayy to short
    Rising Sun was so good.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    rising sun kicked ass, but the story mode was soooodamn short i spent like 55 bucks on it and beat it in a day lol. i really havent bought a shooter since haha
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Uncharted 3 was beaten in 3 hours on the easiest setting by a tester.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    rising sun kicked ass, but the story mode was soooodamn short i spent like 55 bucks on it and beat it in a day lol. i really havent bought a shooter since haha
    that's why no shooters are worth buying nowadays, just wait til thet get marked down to the bargain bin. i only paid 8 bucks for MW1 and even then i still felt ripped off.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They aren't worth it if you just play the story and refuse to play online.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Thank god for gamefly
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    im seriously hoping that Black Death comes to consoles. and im still wondering what frictional games' new horror project is because they've already said that one is coming to consoles.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Nintendo's creeping doom: how the company came to misplace $926 million

More terrible news from Japan: Nintendo has posted a $926 million loss for the first half of the fiscal year ending in March 2012. Take a second look at that number. That's 926 million dollars. As in "very close to a billion."

The sheer volume of that amount of cash is staggering. In ones, it would fill a room roughly the size of the one Scrooge McDuck uses to hold his gold. Now imagine simply handing that money over to ... someone. Iwata, perhaps. The point is, you had it and now it's gone. Sucks, right? OK, now you know how Nintendo feels. It gets worse.

While Nintendo regularly loses money in the first half of the fiscal year (that's the period between April and September, approximately) last year it only lost $26 million (a chunk the size of Scrooge's bathroom). This year, then, it lost about $900 million more than last. That's a 3000% percent increase in its decrease, for those who like numbers.

"OK," you might say. "So what? This is Nintendo. It'll make it up over the holidays, like most game companies." And, apart from being a bit pretentiously cavalier about other people's money, you'd be correct. Except, here's the problem with that: Every year for the past 30 years, no matter how much money Nintendo has lost in the first half of the fiscal year, it's shown a profit for the year as a whole. Every year. Except for this one.

Nintendo is now projecting that it will post a total loss of $264 million for the fiscal year, Its first red year since at least 1981. Ouch. To quote Fred Willard from A Mighty Wind, "Eh? Wha'happen?"

Nintendo is blaming the strong yen for its losses, which is a typically diplomatic, Japanese way of saying "the US dollar is in the toilet." And since most of its Japanese plastic is exchanged for US dollars, a strong yen compared to a weak dollar will dramatically shrink its revenues. It's also blaming poor sales of the 3DS, which is spot on. It's the first device it's rolled out in a decade that hasn't flown off the shelves. Nintendo's August price cut increased 3DS sales by 206%, barely edging its sales performance into line with historical expectations.