Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    not if you pay monthly...plus you paid 300 for the system...and 60 for the game...ripoff in my book
    $300 for the system?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

a base system shouldn't cost more than $100.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Lol that's far from a rip off. Stop trying to make the PS3 look high and mighty when they have so many online issues.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    im not trying to... i like xbox to...im just saying in general its a rip off....i actually like the xbox now....im still a ps3 guy tho....also 300 is the minimum you would have paid 3 years ago...i always by my systems when i can first get them
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    then dont buy monthly.
    all you have to do is save 5 bucks worth of change throughout the year.
    N i got my 60gb pro for a little over 100
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Lives worth is directly related to how much you use it.

like for me it wouldn't be worth it since i hate online gaming, but for people like Ed and Marc its well well worth the money.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also they are always having sales for year subscriptions to xbl. I've gotten a year of xbl for $35 before.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    300 is the minimum you would have paid 3 years ago.
    No, the Arcade was $200 3 and a half years ago when I got my first.
    Also they are always having sales for year subscriptions to xbl. I've gotten a year of xbl for $35 before.
    right now its 2 months for 2 bucks
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Coming from a former ps3 guy, XBL is way better. The party system is a great feature.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I still see no real difference in either. I have had the same issues with both services.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    idk, i'd still rather have the ps3 exlcusives, blu-ray, free psn over 360 exclusives, and apparently great xbl which you have to pay for. plus i like having the peace of mind knowing that im getting a quality system. i've heard way more complaints about xbox and 360 then i've heard about any of the playstation consoles.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    okay, be one of the sheeple
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I never played Arkham Asylum, but fuck it, I think Im'ma rent Arkham City, seems like it'll be worth my time.
    idk, i'd still rather have the ps3 exlcusives, blu-ray, free psn over 360 exclusives, and apparently great xbl which you have to pay for. plus i like having the peace of mind knowing that im getting a quality system. i've heard way more complaints about xbox and 360 then i've heard about any of the playstation consoles.
    i have peace of mind knowing my credit card info isn't being passed around the internet.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i have peace of mind knowing my credit card info isn't being passed around the internet.
    so do i cause i've never had to use it on psn. and im not threatened by a group of nerds that just like to hack shit. they didnt even steal anything when they hacked psn.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    I never played Arkham Asylum, but fuck it, I think Im'ma rent Arkham City, seems like it'll be worth my time.
    Do it. You don't really need Arkham Asylum for City but it helps you understand it gameplay and story wise.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Left 4 Dead, Halo, and Fable series> Any exclusives for ps3

Ive had no problem with my 360. If youre not an idiot and take proper care of it youll be ok

Blu ray movies are expensive as fuck and not really that amazing unless you have a high def tv anyway

And sorry 5 bucks a month is out of your price range. Get a job. Also, 1 dollar live deals ftw
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Can't forget getting DLC for big games wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy earlier than PS3 users.

• BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer

Ive had no problem with my 360. If youre not an idiot and take proper care of it youll be ok

Blu ray movies are expensive as fuck and not really that amazing unless you have a high def tv anyway

And sorry 5 bucks a month is out of your price range. Get a job. Also, 1 dollar live deals ftw
    This. Well said. =D>
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies

L4D isn't an exclusive, halo is their only best FPS and that died after Halo 2, and Fable is so weak sauce son.

Blu rays aren't expensive as fuck. $20 for band new with dvd or digital copy is not a lot. That was the same price as the dvd for so many years as wekk before blu ray took over. They also sell blu rays for $15, $10, and $5.

Live is also pretty much the same as PSN in every way minus a few things that aren't even major at all.