Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Bad move Sony. You had Nintendo back in to a corner and ready to stomp the shit out of them. Bad move
    [-(
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bad move Sony. You had Nintendo back in to a corner and ready to stomp the shit out of them. Bad move
    [-(
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    THEYZ IZ DELAYING CUZ ITZ A FAIL SYSTEM HURR DURR DERPDERPDERP
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    well they could be delaying it cuz the launch lineup would have been shit if they didn't, something to think about.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    so my friend said he got the Resistance 3 beta... anyone else get it?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Not yet. The people that bought Socom 4 are in beta now, then PS+ members get it in 2 weeks I think.
    well they could be delaying it cuz the launch lineup would have been shit if they didn't, something to think about.
    Was one of the main reasons they wanted to release it late. They didn't want to pull a Nintendo :-))
    edited August 2011
    Its being released in Japan this year.
    Their reasoning was that they want more games that appeal to "western" folk.
    Twisted Metal is delayed til 2012
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Twisted Metal is delayed til 2012
    i just read that. that sucks but lets hope they just keep improving it. here's the game informer article:

We here at Game Informer are very impressed with Twisted Metal. Unfortunately, the game is slipping from its previously scheduled October release into 2012. However, the reason for the delay is a good one – creator David Jaffe wants the new car combat title to blow your mind.

"If we shipped Twisted Metal tomorrow-–going off the response from folks who have played it—I assure you, it would never be a bad game,” explains Jaffe on the PlayStation Blog. “Not even close. But we're aiming for a heck of a lot more than that! With Twisted Metal we plan to ship a multiplayer classic. We plan to ship the best Twisted Metal ever made. We plan to convert a lot of folks who think vehicle combat is a relic best left to 90′s nostalgia. And we plan to explode the belief that the only relevant kind of shooter is a first person one (or a 3rd person one, where you play a human… with a tee shirt not all the way tucked in …).

"Most importantly, we plan on treating you – the kind folks who play our game (and pay our bills) – like the VIPs that you are. You only deserve our best and we appreciate your understanding as we take a little more time to guarantee that our best is what we deliver."

Take your time, Eat, Sleep, Play. Let’s make it a violent vehicular manslaughter-fest to remember
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    most of the time delays mean a more polished game, so this is probably a good thing
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    First PS3 jailbreak raid in South Africa arrests one man, confiscates his kits

Officials in Johannesburg, South Africa conducted the world's first "PS3 circumvention raid" at a residential property in Parktown, confiscating $14,000 (R100,000) worth of computers, PS3s, hard drives, jailbreak software and USB kits, along with "fake" PS2 games and original PS3 games. One man was taken into custody at the Specialized Commercial Crimes Court but made bail, and is expected in court September 29.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    that's bullshit.
    i just nearly raged hardcore. i had a power surge and my xbox red ringed, i unplugged it and plug it back in and it worked like normal. that shit was close
    Just a matter of time.
    yes b/c a power surge is the same as a normal hardware failure

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    That PS3 to 360 hardware failure ratio is a big difference. 360 wins that hands down...to this day I'm hesitant to buy one
    imageimage
    edited August 2011
    just looked up what the rings mean, mine were flashing which is not the red ring of death

my elite has worked perfect since i got it 3 years ago
    That Wii to PS3 hardware failure ratio is a big difference. PS3 wins that hands down...to this day I'm hesitant to buy one
    AWW YEAAH,
    YOU GO NINTENDO!!!111!1