Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    it also looks more interactive too. the story looks pretty good and the dialogue/voice overs sound good especially compared to some other games. from what i can tell, MW3 just looks like you go from mission to mission without much interaction with your squad. not that thats a bad thing or anything but that can become a little bland. it seems like bf3 has more to offer story wise. and the graphics look insane.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    edited July 2011
    and it also looks like battlefield will be taking over the market anyway because im pretty sure i heard somewhere that activision is either gonna stop with modern warfare or stop with call of duty altogether, at least for a little while, idk about forever. does BF3 take place in present day? it looks like it does. i ask because im not a fan of war games that take place in the future or in the past.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Im gonna give both a shot like I always do. I love the call of duty series but I think they should take a couple of years off to make a better cod and not the same shit with a different name each time.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Live destroys PSN
    Eh. Ive had both and while they do have different features its nothing mind blowing.
    True. And the plus about PS3 is you don't have to pay to get online. So you can use Netflix and Hulu without having to pay extra for a membership
    imageimage
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded gets official, aiming for 360 and PS3 this fall

It seems that those leaked screens for another Activision-published GoldenEye project were legit, or at very least had the name of the forthcoming release right. GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is apparently an HD port of last year's Wii game, coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this fall from Eurocom. Activision announced the game this morning via press release, which describes the game as having "the legendary story campaign," "brand new Mi6 Ops Missions" (which are new, objective-based levels), and a revamped multiplayer component.

Rather than a simple up-scaling of the Wii game, Reloaded is said to be "built on a brand new engine" and run at 60 frames per second. But beyond the HD update and Mi6 missions, it seems that the game is a repeat of last year's Wii shooter -- you can even play it with the PlayStation Move, should you prefer a more Wii-like experience. And while we were fans of the Wii title, it's perhaps best not to get too jazzed about the second release of a reimagining of a game we played on Nintendo 64 in 1997.

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Theyre taking pre-orders for Old Republic n they have 3 different editions:

http://kotaku.com/5823329/here-are-the-official-old-republic-pre+order-details
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    inb4 areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpeg

I just figured out i can link my 360 to my PC.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Been waiting for those to come out. Will be the best experience for a FPS ever.
    edited July 2011
    i'm dying know what Microsoft is cooking up behind closed doors in regards to the next xbox and the upgrades to live that will surely follow
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    i'm dying know what Microsoft is cooking up behind closed doors in regards to the next xbox and the upgrades to live that will surely follow

nothing compared to what sony is cooking up as regards to the next generation of there consoles....but they won't be out for at least another 5-10 years so why care?

nothing compared to what sony is cooking up as regards to the next generation of there consoles....but they won't be out for at least another 5-10 years so why care?

thats purely speculation based off your personal opinion of what company you like more
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,602 spicy boy
    not really....its because i believe asians are better at the computer technology stuff
    If you are saying Xbox is going to have better hardware then Sony, well please shoot yourself.
    your fangirl is showing marc, i never said that.
    i'm dying know what Microsoft is cooking up behind closed doors in regards to the next xbox
    aka hardware. no one should be excited about xbox hardware, cause it's nothing ever good :3
    i'm dying know what Microsoft is cooking up behind closed doors in regards to the next xbox
    aka hardware. no one should be excited about xbox hardware, cause it's nothing ever good :3
    point out where i said it would be better than sony
    Trying to start a fanboi war here and you don't help <_>
    im pretty sure that both microsoft and sony said they weren't coming out with a new console for a while. i think they said that at E3.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.