Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    beat Duke Nukem Forever last night \m/ \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    NEW ZOMBIES TOMORROW \m/
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    was it worth the 12 year wait lol??
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    was it worth the 12 year wait lol??
    well i'm a big fan of the old ones, so sorta. that being said, it could have been a great GOTY masterpiece for the amount of time it took, and it wasnt. But i really do think it was fun, and true to the old ones. Reviewers should've been easier on it. It def isnt a 5/10 or less game like they were giving it. i'd say 7/10, or 8/10, depending on if you like the Duke series or not.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't care for forza I've always enjoyed GT more. Duke nukem didn't interest me.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Less than two months after a settlement was reached in Sony's case against hacker George "GeoHot" Hotz, Facebook gave him a job.
    The 21-year old first became well known for his work on unlocking the iPhone. More recently, he was sued by Sony for his involvement with uncovering the PlayStation 3's root key and publishing it online. He was initially unworried by the lawsuit, but as things dragged on, Sony was accused by many of using underhanded tactics such as attempting to have the case tried in California instead of his home state of New Jersey to balloon his legal fees. The case would go on to be settled in April. "It was never my intention to cause any users trouble or to make piracy easier," Hotz said at the time. "I'm happy to have the litigation behind me."

That wouldn't be end of the matter for Sony. In response to what was deemed to be an abuse of the judicial system, hacker group Anonymous launched an attack on the Sony. The PlayStation website went down briefly and then, later in the month, the PlayStation Network breach took place which compromised millions of users' personal information and caused the service to be taken down for several weeks. Anonymous was never proven to be responsible and it's unknown if the Hotz lawsuit was what prompted hackers to go after PSN. Other companies took notice of what happened, including Microsoft -- the company said late last month it would work with a young hacker who carried out phishing attempts on Xbox Live in order to "develop his talent for legitimate purposes." [Update: As it turns out, the story regarding Microsoft hiring the young hacker isn't true.]

Following the PSN attack, Hotz publicly spoke out on the situation, saying that people should blame not Sony's engineers, but its executives. "The fault lies with the executives who declared a war on hackers, laughed at the idea of people penetrating the fortress that once was Sony, whined incessantly about piracy, and kept hiring more lawyers when they really needed to hire good security experts. Alienating the hacker community is not a good idea," he said. A new lawsuit last week claimed that Sony fired employees just before the breach that were "responsible for maintaining the security of the network."

As for Hotz's new Facebook job, which he started in May and announced earlier this month, it sounds as if he'll be working on Facebook's upcoming iPad app.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOL @ Hotz implying hackers are badasses
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    World of Warcraft goes free-to-play until characters hit level 20

We respect the tenacity of every human being left on the planet who hasn't played Blizzard's mind-bogglingly gripping MMORPG World of Warcraft -- but unfortunately, your teetotaling has come to an end. In the game's latest update, titled "Rage of the Firelands," WoW's free 14-day trial has been extended, allowing Azerothian adventurers to grind to their heart's content -- but their levels will remain capped at 20 until they upgrade to the full version.

It's a clever ploy that Blizzard's calling the World of Warcraft Starter Edition, which even includes some of the content from the game's first expansion, The Burning Crusade -- for instance, free players can create Draenei and Blood Elf characters, two races added in said expansion. Should you decide to upgrade, you can get the core game and Burning Crusade for a cool $19.99 as part of the digital World of Warcraft Battle Chest -- though you'll first have to wait for the site to stop getting Zerg rushed by newcomers. (Apologies for mixing our Blizzard metaphors.)We respect the tenacity of every human being left on the planet who hasn't played Blizzard's mind-bogglingly gripping MMORPG World of Warcraft -- but unfortunately, your teetotaling has come to an end. In the game's latest update, titled "Rage of the Firelands," WoW's free 14-day trial has been extended, allowing Azerothian adventurers to grind to their heart's content -- but their levels will remain capped at 20 until they upgrade to the full version.

I
    Lol wow lol
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Playstation prototype:

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Playstation prototype:

PSP?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    psp?
    Its the first playstation
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    psp?
    Its the first playstation
    Jeez Cheeze, Playstation Prototype's initials would have been PSP
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Uncharted 3 beta out now. Fun as hell and the multiplayer is even better than the 2nd.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Been playing the new black ops maps and they are very sniper oriented which I like. And the new zombies map is badass.
    Sniper oriented means a no go for me.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Sniper oriented
    i read that as "Sniper oreo" :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies