Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    even though the prices are set by the company and you cant get discounts off of them...ever
    imageimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I go to Walmart at midnite when theyre on sale in my pjays like a boss. :bz
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    even though the prices are set by the company and you cant get discounts off of them...ever
    imageimage
    Retailer GameStop has a surprisingly sweet deal on PlayStation 3 hardware right now, offering customers a $100 USD discount when they purchase a new console in either 160GB or 320GB flavors. The catch? Not everyone is getting that deal.

GameStop has e-mailed select members of its subscription-based PowerUp Rewards program with details on how to score that $100 off coupon. Some Kotaku readers that partake in the program have received said coupon. I have not. While we'd encourage you to check your e-mail accounts, it seems there's no guarantee on this promotion.

Currently, the PS3 sells for $299.99 USD for the 160GB model, $349.99 for the 320GB model.

What could this hefty savings mean? Is Sony planning on announcing an official price drop for the console at E3 2011 (or in the weeks leading up to that show)? Or are Sony and GameStop simply trying to spur sales of the console now that the PlayStation Network is currently offline.

New models of the PlayStation 3 have been registered with the FCC and word of a new bundle for the console with Call of Duty: Black Ops packed in may point to other possible reasons for the drop.

In the meantime, be on the lookout for this e-mail if you're in the market for a new PlayStation 3.
    Microsoft plans to release an Xbox Live update beginning in less than two weeks, according to Joystiq. The update will add support for Microsoft's new disc format and add Paypal as a payment option for Xbox Live. Meanwhile, Microsoft will also be launching Avatar Kinect on May 27th as a separate download. [Joystiq]
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    Not erryone can afford 60. [-(
    then you should not be playing games
    Retailer GameStop has a surprisingly sweet deal on PlayStation 3 hardware right now, offering customers a $100 USD discount when they purchase a new console in either 160GB or 320GB flavors. The catch? Not everyone is getting that deal.

GameStop has e-mailed select members of its subscription-based PowerUp Rewards program with details on how to score that $100 off coupon. Some Kotaku readers that partake in the program have received said coupon. I have not. While we'd encourage you to check your e-mail accounts, it seems there's no guarantee on this promotion.

Currently, the PS3 sells for $299.99 USD for the 160GB model, $349.99 for the 320GB model.

What could this hefty savings mean? Is Sony planning on announcing an official price drop for the console at E3 2011 (or in the weeks leading up to that show)? Or are Sony and GameStop simply trying to spur sales of the console now that the PlayStation Network is currently offline.

New models of the PlayStation 3 have been registered with the FCC and word of a new bundle for the console with Call of Duty: Black Ops packed in may point to other possible reasons for the drop.

In the meantime, be on the lookout for this e-mail if you're in the market for a new PlayStation 3.
    i got it
    imageimage
    I havnt bought a $60 game in over a year.
    Recently ive only bought from the 360 arcade n pkm white.
    I havnt bought a $60 game in over a year.
    Recently ive only bought from the 360 arcade n pkm white.
    GET JOB :-bd
    Why?
    I dont want to buy console games n i have a few that i havnt played thru yet.
    COD, Halo, Gears, Madden, etc arent really my thing.
    I'll be pickin up Batman whenever that comes out.
    Why?
    I dont want to buy console games n i have a few that i havnt played thru yet.
    COD, Halo, Gears, Madden, etc arent really my thing.
    I'll be pickin up Batman whenever that comes out.
    TO EACH THEIR OWN
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I got the $100 off PS3 thing...

I'm going to get one for confirmation. Fuckyeah.jpg
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    I got the $100 off PS3 thing...

I'm going to get one for confirmation. Fuckyeah.jpg
    \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I don't care that PSN is down. $199 for a PS3>$199 for a 360
    I don't care that PSN is down. $199 for a PS3>$199 for a 360
    it'll be back up soon enough...

plus you can play with meeee :-D
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    MC what games do you play online?
    MC what games do you play online?
    Killzone 2/3 (3 now, but i still have 2), Uncharted 2, Resistance 2, Brutal Legend, Demons Souls, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Littlebigplanet 2 (also have the first one)