Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    I bought cyberpunk for $15 on pc. I had return my xbox copy. I decided to finally give it a run through after the updates. I think 1.5 is the last major one before they try to do dlc and Ive heard its a lot better.

i just through the tutorial. Im not expecting much but i was looking for something new to play and $15 aint bad lol
    Who is selling it for $15 on PC? Steam?
    I got it off of cdkeys or some less than moral site like that lol. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Why in the actual fuck are they REMAKING Last Of Us?
    I mean its been what 9 years? A lot of people want it remade with the combat system and game mechanics of the second game. 

So they are putting all of that into the first one. 

Im excited about it. Will make me want to play it again. 

But also i think its being remade because they are shooting the show, and they want to have an updated 4k version of the characters on the show. 

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Never noticed before because I never played them around the same time, but the quality jump between GTA3 and Vice City is insane.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I mean its been what 9 years? A lot of people want it remade with the combat system and game mechanics of the second game. 

But also i think its being remade because they are shooting the show, and they want to have an updated 4k version of the characters on the show. 

All this with upgraded graphics, animations, combat, and so much more. This is the game they wanted to make years ago but couldn’t cause of the limitations from the ps3 and 4. Can’t wait for that and the stand-alone multiplayer game  
    Lou part 1 had some great MP. One of the best parts of the game no one talks about
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,707 jayfacer
    Finally in the endgame on Elden Ring, at the Royal Capital, so bout to fight Margott and Godfrey and get to Mountaintops Of The Giants. I completely 100 percented all the open world side shit in every area up til now so that’s why it’s taken so long. Blocked myself out of a couple side quests by accident but the way they’re structured is retarded anyways so fuck it. I’m thinkin I might be able to knock out the rest and get the Platinum this weekend. Will prolly end up clockin in at about 90 hours total. Still a monster of a game, but not 100+ hours like AC Valhalla was. Interesting coincidence too, I hit 69 total play hours so far on 6/9 lmao.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Dime2 said:
    Why in the actual fuck are they REMAKING Last Of Us?
    Because they know people will spend $70+ to get it again lol.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Yea hard pass on that TLOU remake. Remakes are for OLD games that aged badly and are rough to play now due to graphics. TLOU was already best in class on the PS3 graphically and already got a PS4 remaster. Should be working on TLOU3 smh.
    I saw the side by side of the PS4 remaster and PS5 remake and it’s barely a difference lmao waste of fucking time. But I guess GTAV set the precedent for releasing the same game on 3 different generations smh.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Its funny people clown on Skyrim and GTA, but are gushing over TLOU remake. 

I had a friend like "NO they're inclusing new scenes, it's not the same game"
    And someone chimed in with "dudes, those are from the DLC, they're just including the DLC"
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    To be fair, GTA and skyrim have each been released like 5+ times each. But shocker. Game mc hates gets rereleased, i wonder how he will feel about it lol.

And the screenshots don't look similar lol. Joes looks a lot different and the detail is going to be too notch. 

To Erik point, the game is 9 years old. It IS an older game and if you play the remaster you can feel how dated it is in the controls.

im excited for their depictions of it with new tech. I dont really see what the big deal is. 
    New turtles game
    coming to gamepass day one

\mmmm/
    To be fair, GTA and skyrim have each been released like 5+ times each. But shocker. Game mc hates gets rereleased, i wonder how he will feel about it lol.

And the screenshots don't look similar lol. Joes looks a lot different and the detail is going to be too notch. 

To Erik point, the game is 9 years old. It IS an older game and if you play the remaster you can feel how dated it is in the controls.

im excited for their depictions of it with new tech. I dont really see what the big deal is. 
    Lol I dont like GTA or Skyrim very much either tbf

I actually think rereleases are a good thing though. I think a full remake of TLOU is a waste considering the PS4 remaster looks nearly as good graphically, and it plays on the PS5 already. But whatever

New ports are good. 
    I dont think it looks anything close graphically. But i also think its lretty hard to tell from screen shots

But i think a big reason for the remark is what mark described. To put in elements they wanted but just couldn’t do in the first one. 

Combat/crafting was a significant upgrade in part 2
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    edited June 2022

Wait, is it a remake or a remaster? There's a huge difference 
    Its being built from the ground up for the PS5.
    I also just dont want the success of this remake to send the wrong message to games companies. I just worry this kind of thing will encourage more and more lazy, cash grab "remakes" and remasters that aren't necessary, just because they can turn a quick profit instead of focusing on new games, and especially new IPs. Some game need remakes, if they're especially old, hard or expensive to find, don't run very well on modern hardware, or were janky at release - yes remake those games. But others really don't if the original holds up, is easy and inexpensive to find, and has already been ported dozens of times. Like I would never want a remake of the original DOOM, it's unneeded. 

Resident Evil 4 doesn't need a remake either. It's been ported and remastered for literally every system since the Gamecube. It's easily available, and still holds up. That's time, money, and resources taken away from making a new Resident Evil, or even remaking another one that's harder to find/play like Code Veronica or something. Not to mention they've already confirmed censorship, which is another issue I have with these modern remakes changing content to fit "the current year". 

On that same note though, I don't hate remakes, many I like, I own a bunch, and would even argue are the "definitive" way to play certain games (like MediEvil, for example). I just want to see them made more for games that really "need" them, and think these in particular are goofy. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    You faggots are talking about GTA and Last of Us when a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 2D Beat Em Up got released today? Kymfs
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    New turtles game
    coming to gamepass day one

\mmmm/
    Nvm everyone but Rex kill yourselves