Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Maybe its other consoles or PC though? I saw what rockstar announced today. 

PS4 is fine. Some of the remastered character models look ugly as fuck which is the majority of complaints I see. And I guess they used AI to upscale any in game text which lead to a lot of billboards and posters and shit in game to get misspelled.

But other than that the game runs great and they made some quality of life changes like making the shoot button R2 instead of Circle, gave you a weapon wheel like GTA5, etc. I think its great

Like does this look dumb as fuck? Yes. But it's just a generic NPC that you never get that close up on anyway. All the main characters and cutscenes look good. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Idk what the fuck people are expecting anyways. They’re old ass PS2 games. They can only look so good lmao this is exactly why I had no interest when I saw they were remasters. They definitely made it look better than I even thought was possible considering how dated they are so props for even that. Shoulda been a whole remake. I would have rather had a full blown San Andreas remake opposed to the full trilogy remastered.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    The Kingdom Hearts remasters look good. And they're "old ass PS2 games" 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Those are also a cartoony style and easier to make look better, GTA is not. And even then, they still ain’t got shit on KH3 graphically.
    Man Vanguard’s engine wit Cold War’s maps and presentation would be the perfect COD. Vanguard’s engine is insanely fun due to the speed but I’m finding that I don’t like a lot of the maps due to the size. I prefer small chaotic close quarters maps so on Cold War it got to the point that basically all we would play is Face-Off 6v6 on the small maps. Vanguard needs more of that thru updates cause currently the only 2 maps that play like that are Das Haus and Shipment.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    It uses the same engine as modern warfare and war zone. 
    It’s not the exact same at all tho. It’s the MW engine but It’s tweaked and upgraded. I can’t stand MW, I Iiterally hate that game and it feels turtle slow, same thing goes for Warzone. So if Vanguard was a carbon copy of that engine then I would hate it too. Definitely feels completely different.
    Holy shit I just noticed turning off Spartan Chatter in Infinite only turns it off for YOUR Spartan, not other people's. Why?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    Copped a series x. Halo is so fun but like everyone said the progression is garbage. Placed Gold in placements. 

From what Ive seen its buggy, and graphically broken. 
    I played a couple of hours of San Andreas. It’s just a graphically better PS2 version running on better hardware. I think everyone was mad cause they thought it would be like GTA V mechanics and shit. When they put out the trailer and it said it was coming out in a few months I already knew what was up. 

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    No, people are mad because they're all way more broken than the original releases lmao
    Yeah when it launched it looked bad. They ran a few patches now it seems. *shrugs*

Finally hit triple digits. Idk how I’m ever toppin this lmfao I was playin out my fucking mind.

Idk if its cuz its such a big controller, or because of the adaptive triggers, but the PS5 controller makes my hands so tired
    Third PS5 I’ve copped this year. Gonna use it as trade bait for the Halo Xbox 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Yeah i kind of wishni would have copped the elite halo controller. I recently got an elite though and its legit. 
    Finally got a new laptop. What PC games should I get? Preferably indie games of any type or strategy 
    edited November 2021
    Finally got a new laptop. What PC games should I get? Preferably indie games of any type or strategy 
    Indies: Hollow Knight, Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Fury, The Citadel, Hedon, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2, Dread X Collections

Strategy: Age Of Empires (4 just came out), Halo Wars is pretty good - yet simplistic, Warcraft 3 (get the original version, not Reforged - I can help if you need it), Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars: Empire At War

other Star Wars: original Battlefront 2 (mods are amazing on it), Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series

also any retro FPS. Especially DOOM Eternal. 

Also add me on shit:
    Steam: Nidstang
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/thenidstang/

GOG: Metalcrusades

Xbox/Gamepass: Nidstang3658

I started Grim Dawn last night. Pretty cool Diablo style looter ARPG. I'm liking it a lot so far. Been a while since I played any RPG.