Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Can't say that I do, even after googling it. Must have missed that growing up. What type of game was it? 
    It was like a 3D arena fighter, I guess in the vein of like Power Stone? But less arcadey. It had a super darker 2000s tone
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Nemesis was gassssss. PS2 wit Thing on the cover right?

Back when Spider-Man was THE Marvel character, and was front and center on every Marvel game 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,587 spicy boy
    Man the GoT update for ps5 is beautiful. 
    Alpha for COD Vanguard dropped and good fucking God is it horrible. I know it’s only an Alpha but if that’s the final mechanics in the actual game then it’s already dead in the water for me. You move at a fucking snail pace compared to Cold War and literally every single part of movement feels completely clunky. What I love about Black Ops CODs is the arcady feel of it. Trades a bit of the realism in exchange for more speed, better movement, etc. They play more like fantasy shooters like Halo than a Mil-Sim. So that’s completely removed here and it jus feels like going backwards. And the graphics are good, but something about the game makes the visibility complete fucking dog shit. I legitimately could not fucking tell where the fuck I was being shot from most of the time. Nothing about it was fun and I did give it a legitimate chance and played a good 10 or so matches.

I’ll give it a chance again when the Beta drops next month since that’ll be a sample of the actual 6v6 multiplayer, since the Alpha is a 2v2 Battle Royale type mode, but yea it is not looking good whatsoever. Which is a shame because I legitimately love Cold War. Wish we were jus getting another year of Cold War updates instead of this bullshit. But instead Cold War will basically be DOA once this drops cause that’s when the regular updates stop and the player base starts falling off. 

Hoping Battlefield 2042 delivers cause I’m extremely hype for that game.
    Eh. People still play all the older games. I like cold war, but i mostly only play it to level a gun up for warzone. 

I didn’t play it, but I expect it to be much of the same of the last few games lo
    Halo Infinite is launching without campaign, co-op, and Forge. Multi only and everything else will come later. Literally launching wit only 25% of the game ready. Jus fucking delay it again. 😐

They are completely shitting the bed on everything about this game.
    I thought campaign was coming day 1
    Campaign is launching. Just no coop at launch. 

But they aren’t showing any gameplay, so that scares me quite a bit. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah game is fucked
    At least they fixed MCC. Maybe Infinite will be good in 3 years. 
    343 does suck though
    5 hours in to Psychonauts 2... I'm a little mixed so far. Overall I think I like it, but it hasn't quite hit like the first one did. 
    5 hours in to Psychonauts 2... I'm a little mixed so far. Overall I think I like it, but it hasn't quite hit like the first one did. 
    Can’t wait to try it. Gonna play after I finish Watch Dogs: Legion.
    I can’t lie, I’m pretty sad Cold War is bout to be on it’s last season. Game definitely holds a lot of sentimental value to me. When it first came out is when I first got back into online gaming, and on top of that, I was going thru a lotta shit at the time so getting lost in the grind was a great escape, even the times I would be on solo and yelling at racists lmao. It definitely helped a lot and I also bonded and became a lot closer to an irl friend of mine because of that game. It’s my most played game of all time at almost 500 hours and while it has it’s flaws and isn’t the best game ever to reflect a playtime like that, it’s definitely cemented in my all time list and I’ll always have a soft spot for it. And all of that is besides the fact that I prefer the actual gameplay and mechanics of Black Ops so much more. They’re the only COD games that play like that. Man fuck Vanguard smh.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Vanguard looks like poop but the way you feel about Cold War is how I felt about Modern Warfare
    The alphas always play quite different than tbe final
    release usually. 

Anything is better than advanced warfare style call of duty though lol