Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited April 2021
    Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

Also see: classic God Of War, Halo 1-3, Devil May Cry, etc 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    NOCAP said:
    Reviews for Returnal have been great but no saving in the middle of a raid is criminal. I don’t have that kind of time to invest in something like that when a raid can last as long as 2.5 hours. 
    It's a rogue-like isn't it? 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    edited April 2021
    Conkers is great. 

But come on. 

Top stories in gaming and Horizon and Ghost of tsushima. 

Also 

meta gear>>>>>>
    Lou>>>>>>>>>>>
    red dead 2>>

Heavy rain deserves honorable mention. 

also while it may have a good story, warcraft 3 is one of tbe worst warcraft games and you said the games need good gameplay lol. Grfo. 
    How in the world is WC3 one of the worst WC games? Its universally considered the best in the franchise, and is considered one of the top 5 RTS games ever made. 
    Also "realistic and sad" doesnt mean its a good story. Only story I agree is good there is MGS, and it makes no sense
    Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

Mans said Conker’s Bad Fur Day hahahahahahaha.
    Yea cuz its amazing
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

The joke speaks itself

Conker is literally a parody of classic films. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Also "realistic and sad" doesnt mean its a good story. Only story I agree is good there is MGS, and it makes no sense
    Bitch have you even played Horizon, Tsushima, or Red Dead 2? How can you say they don't have a good story? 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

Yea cuz its amazing
    Yea sure, and it’s one of my favorites ever too, but STORY WISE you’re putting it top 3 of all time? It was literally standard children’s movie caliber except for more cussing. It was delivered well and it was funny, but that seriously feels like “Haha anything is better than TLOU.”
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Off the top of my head here's some of my favorites

Final Fantasy 7
    Ghost of Tsushima
    GTA San Andreas
    First few Resident Evil games
    Last of Us
    Telltale The Walking Dead
    Fallout New Vegas
    edited April 2021
    Bitch have you even played Horizon, Tsushima, or Red Dead 2? How can you say they don't have a good story? 
    I've played Horizon (well I played like 10 hours and dropped it because bored), and watched my brother play Tsushima and Red Dead 2. Yawn

Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

Yea cuz its amazing
    Yea sure, and it’s one of my favorites ever too, but STORY WISE you’re putting it top 3 of all time? It was literally standard children’s movie caliber except for more cussing. It was delivered well and it was funny, but that seriously feels like “Haha anything is better than TLOU.”
    Yea, its actually different and legitimately funny. Its creative as fuck, especially for the time, and no game has ever had such an out there hilarious story like this. The voice acting is great, and the delivery is funny as Hell. The world is unique. It's like interactive Ren and Stimpy. Thats why I think of it as one of the best of all time. They combined so many different tropes in creative ways that worked really well. They created a game that is still hilarious to this day. And it still had feels at the end when Berri died, and Conker is all depressed and angry at the end. 

I dont under stand why it seems like only the games with realistic, gritty, sob stories are taken seriously. That's my point. The Last of Us, is a generic as fuck zombie story. I dont feel anything for the characters. The world is boring. The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead, Left 4 Dead all told the same story better. You CAN tell a realistic, gritty, sob story and it can be good. I do really like Telltale's The Walking Dead, I cried when I finished that game, but there are so many GREAT stories in games that AREN'T realistic, gritty, sob stories, that people just brush off, and I don't understand why. 
    Off the top of my head here's some of my favorites

Final Fantasy 7
    Ghost of Tsushima
    GTA San Andreas
    First few Resident Evil games
    Last of Us
    Telltale The Walking Dead
    Fallout New Vegas
    I agree FFVII, TWD, and New Vegas are really good games. Great stories too. New Vegas, not so much the story, but the world is great. 

I actually have never played a Resident Evil game lmao
    edited April 2021
    Another great story example: Bioshock. 

Bioshock has a great story, and even better world. I think Bioshock Infinite has an even better story, but not as good of a world. Both fantastic games. I like creative ideas. I dont care how "emotional" a game is, when the world is boring, and story is generic.

That's why I don't really like God of War 2018's story compared to the originals. The grand, epic, larger than life, living myth vibe is all gone, and replaced with this shallow, introspective narrative, and it just sucks the life out of the franchise.  
    Bioshock Infinite’s story was garbage and it gets shit on for it. What the fuck are you talking about?

NOCAP said:
    Bioshock Infinite’s story was garbage and it gets shit on for it. What the fuck are you talking about?
    In what world was that story garbage? 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Lmfao Kingdom Hearts? The game where precisely 51 different characters are all named Xehanort and Michael Mouse fights evil with a key sword? Best story? Shietttt 
    Dime2 said:
    Lmfao Kingdom Hearts? The game where precisely 51 different characters are all named Xehanort and Michael Mouse fights evil with a key sword? Best story? Shietttt 
    Yea. Again its creative, and different. Fantasy is good guys. Its convoluted, but epic as fuck, and great. Dont tell me you didnt get emotional after 3. 
    NOCAP said:
    In what world was that story garbage? 
    The story is one giant plot hole lol. Probably the most overrated triple A title. It literally killed the series.