Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    OG Xbox Fat >>>>
    Nintendo Power Glove >>>>
    Pokemon GO Plus >>>>>
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Also, the fact that 360 is only #7 is hilarious lmao. 360 controllers TO THIS DAY are still the controller of choice for a lotta PC players, even over the newer XB1 or XSX controllers.
    The 360 controller has the worst Dpad in existence though, so fuck that controller
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Finally got the Blades Of Exile back in God of War - after 40 fuckin hours

How much more do I have in this game? 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    OG Xbox Fat >>>>
    Nintendo Power Glove >>>>
    Pokemon GO Plus >>>>>
    Was about to flag til I seen the rest of the post lmao.
    This ad jus popped up on FB and it had me dead cause yall were arguing about Outriders being a looter shooter. The developers themselves are advertising it as a looter shooter lmao.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    This ad jus popped up on FB and it had me dead cause yall were arguing about Outriders being a looter shooter. The developers themselves are advertising it as a looter shooter lmao.

Hardest :| of my life. 

We never argued about it being a looter shooter. MC compared it to anthem, which other than the actual genre, its nothing like anthem. 

I said it played more like division/destiny with comparable movements to gears of war and that anthem was a lazy comparison, and it is. 

Outriders is a looter shooter, but its trying to add some crafting and skill tree elements, which are pretty dope. There are of course some complaints, but its a fun squad game from what i have played. 

The real issue was mc forming an opinion on something without and first hand experience or knowledge to base that opinion off of, which he does all the time. 
    edited April 2021

Hardest :| of my life. 

We never argued about it being a looter shooter. MC compared it to anthem, which other than the actual genre, its nothing like anthem. 

I said it played more like division/destiny with comparable movements to gears of war and that anthem was a lazy comparison, and it is. 

Outriders is a looter shooter, but its trying to add some crafting and skill tree elements, which are pretty dope. There are of course some complaints, but its a fun squad game from what i have played. 

The real issue was mc forming an opinion on something without and first hand experience or knowledge to base that opinion off of, which he does all the time. 
    >Sees article after article talking about how bad the servers are
    >Sees a video by Angry Joe talking about how buggy the game is, and how bad the combat is
    >Sees full review by Under The Mayo talking about how bad the combat is, and how obnoxious the constant cutscenes in the game are

Why even bother with reviews if you NEED to have first hand experience to decide whether or not a game looks good or not :| 
    edited April 2021
    I almost never do bother with reviews.
    , and most of the time i do, i get cyberpunked.  I dont really have any interest. I only usually read them if im on the fence and i want to make sure the content is worth purchasing. 

Like my stance about the game isn’t even that its a great game. I just said its fun to throw on and mindlessly shoot stuff. Hell this even started about my complaint with the servers, but i just put the game on pause until they were fixed, and I didn’t have a problem with it the last 2 days.

its fine to look at reviews and decide not to play a game, but its ridiculous to take those reviews and then tell other people that the game sucks, when you dont have first hand knowledge. 

You play what you like, and thats fine, but a lot of your opinions on a lot of stuff are formed by other peoples opinions on that particular subject, and not your own. 
    It's always my own opinions 
    It can’t be your own opinion if you haven’t experienced it yourself lmao. Reviews can be used as a kind of “Should I buy or not?” tool, but nothing more. It’s not your own opinion until you’ve personally experienced it.
    edited April 2021
    Having watched reviews and gameplay videos, it is of my opinion that the game looks like ass. 
    edited April 2021
    But I honestly havent ever heard of it until a few days ago lmao

Y'all get so worked up over my hot takes lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm with MC on this one. Video games are too fucking expensive to buy every single game that looks interesting. Plus with most games these days the early gameplay trailers are faked and not even running in engine. Rex dick rode so many games that ended up being trash. I dont have time to sink 60 bucks and 10-20 hours into every game just to find out it sucks.

Reviews and impressions from the media, youtubers, and bloggers is a good way to gage how you might like it. They key is finding reviewers that align with your tastes. 

Take MC for example. If he says a platformer or old school FPS is good I'd probably check it out because that's his jam. But if he says a narrative heavy game or a sports game is trash I wouldn't take his word for it because I know he doesn't like those games to begin with. 
    edited April 2021
    On the topic of "big" game releases, Biomutant is finally coming out next month, and it looks SO GOOD. Hopefully it's as good as the trailers make it out to be. I haven't been this excited for an open world RPG in a long while. 
    I'm with MC on this one. Video games are too fucking expensive to buy every single game that looks interesting. Plus with most games these days the early gameplay trailers are faked and not even running in engine. Rex dick rode so many games that ended up being trash. I dont have time to sink 60 bucks and 10-20 hours into every game just to find out it sucks.

Reviews and impressions from the media, youtubers, and bloggers is a good way to gage how you might like it. They key is finding reviewers that align with your tastes. 

Take MC for example. If he says a platformer or old school FPS is good I'd probably check it out because that's his jam. But if he says a narrative heavy game or a sports game is trash I wouldn't take his word for it because I know he doesn't like those games to begin with. 
    Honestly, most of the times I watch reviews is either after I already bought or beat a game lol. But I’ve let them sway me out of buying when everybody is giving it like a 4 or less. For instance, I was interested in Balan Wonderworld, cause as I’ve mentioned before, I try to grab any platformers that come out since they’re a rare breed now, but every review was giving it consistent 3s and 4s, and IGN pointed out that it’s literally a fucking one button game. One button controls everything in the game which leads to false difficulty. That one sentence threw all my interest out the window.
    On the topic of "big" game releases, Biomutant is finally coming out next month, and it looks SO GOOD. Hopefully it's as good as the trailers make it out to be. I haven't been this excited for an open world RPG in a long while. 
    Yea I’m stupid hype for that game. Really sucks they decided to not do next gen releases tho smh.
    Its getting enhanced or whatever, its just not out at launch. 

But yeah that game looks dope af

Honestly, most of the times I watch reviews is either after I already bought or beat a game lol. But I’ve let them sway me out of buying when everybody is giving it like a 4 or less. For instance, I was interested in Balan Wonderworld, cause as I’ve mentioned before, I try to grab any platformers that come out since they’re a rare breed now, but every review was giving it consistent 3s and 4s, and IGN pointed out that it’s literally a fucking one button game. One button controls everything in the game which leads to false difficulty. That one sentence threw all my interest out the window.
    Damn for real? I was gonna get that too lol 

Damn for real? I was gonna get that too lol 
    Yea watch the IGN review it’s only 5 minutes. They go over the one button shit in detail.