Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I'm with MC on this one. Video games are too fucking expensive to buy every single game that looks interesting. Plus with most games these days the early gameplay trailers are faked and not even running in engine. Rex dick rode so many games that ended up being trash. I dont have time to sink 60 bucks and 10-20 hours into every game just to find out it sucks.

Reviews and impressions from the media, youtubers, and bloggers is a good way to gage how you might like it. They key is finding reviewers that align with your tastes. 

Take MC for example. If he says a platformer or old school FPS is good I'd probably check it out because that's his jam. But if he says a narrative heavy game or a sports game is trash I wouldn't take his word for it because I know he doesn't like those games to begin with. 
    Honestly, most of the times I watch reviews is either after I already bought or beat a game lol. But I’ve let them sway me out of buying when everybody is giving it like a 4 or less. For instance, I was interested in Balan Wonderworld, cause as I’ve mentioned before, I try to grab any platformers that come out since they’re a rare breed now, but every review was giving it consistent 3s and 4s, and IGN pointed out that it’s literally a fucking one button game. One button controls everything in the game which leads to false difficulty. That one sentence threw all my interest out the window.
    Damn for real? I was gonna get that too lol 
    Yea watch the IGN review it’s only 5 minutes. They go over the one button shit in detail.
    F
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    edited April 2021
    Indo not really understand the need for naughty dog to remake the last of us already lol. 

Its got to be something they are doing for a “remaster” of lou2 for next gen. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Beat Black Ops 3 last night. I can see why it caught heat from the core COD fanbase, because they’re in general basic and only play COD, and this is NOT a COD game. The multi plays more like Titanfall, and the campaign plays like a Killzone/Titanfall hybrid, wit a story that enters mindfuck Black Mirror-esque type territory. I literally had to watch a 30 minute breakdown video afterwards to fully understand what the fuck happened. I never expected that out of a COD plot, but I loved it. It was shocking to see that much effort put into a COD plot. It was legitimately amazing and between that and the great firefights, set pieces, settings, and even boss fights, this is by far the best COD campaign I have ever personally played and it definitely stands out a LOT among the other ones. Has some decent length to it and took me almost 11 hours. I played on Veteran tho and this was prolly the hardest of the COD campaigns on Veteran, so prolly bout an hour or so of that was from restarts.

I think part of where they went wrong, although it’s not a problem for me and doesn’t knock off any points, is that it shouldn’t have been “Black Ops 3”. It has no ties to the first 2 other than name. It has a reference to the Nova 6 weapon used in the first 2, but that is literally it’s only tie. Black Ops has a certain feel that differentiated it from Modern Warfare, so when people saw “Black Ops”, they were expecting a certain kind of game. Even Cold War plays like a Black Ops game, and feels like the true Black Ops 3, even down to retaining the same characters. This really should have been either it’s own standalone thing, the start of it’s own new COD subseries, or even “Advanced Warfare 2” would have fit it so much better and avoided them a lot of bullshit. They definitely used the name for recognition and sales, and I think a lot of people felt a way about it.

But as a stand-alone game and not expecting it to be another COD clone, and simply playing it as a GAME, this game is fantastic. Extremely well made and a lot of effort was put into every aspect of the game including the story, surprisingly. I can’t blame them for trying something new instead of the same game over and over again, especially when it’s a yearly release. I would love to see them return to the future again and make another game like this, but unfortunately their core fanbase is loaded wit crybabies who want the same thing every year, so they prolly won’t take the risk again. 10/10
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Last day for No More Heroes from limited run games
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    The review I've been waiting for 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5rs0jjkw8
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Got the bundle with the flag. Hope someone does a collector's edition for 3
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Got the bundle with the flag. Hope someone does a collector's edition for 3
    I got the standard edition. I've been spending too much money lately, so I didn't splurge on the collectors boxes. 
    Holy fuck these rocket launcher camos on Cold War are bout to give me stomach cancer. 

Why is it that an arrow from the crossbow is a guaranteed one hit kill even if you hit a mf in the foot but a rocket to the fucking face at point blank range only does half damage if a mf is wearing a flak jacket, which is 90% of the player base?

Why is it that a rapid double kill (25 of them.) on PEOPLE is required out of an ANTI-INFANTRY rocket launcher?

Fuck this shit is fucking broken.
    outriders is pretty lit. its pretty hard and playing it with friends there are so many adds on the screen that it gets pretty intense. Will definitely be playing it long enough to at least see if the end game is good.  
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Holy fuck these rocket launcher camos on Cold War are bout to give me stomach cancer. 

Why is it that an arrow from the crossbow is a guaranteed one hit kill even if you hit a mf in the foot but a rocket to the fucking face at point blank range only does half damage if a mf is wearing a flak jacket, which is 90% of the player base?

Why is it that a rapid double kill (25 of them.) on PEOPLE is required out of an ANTI-INFANTRY rocket launcher?

Infantry means people
    Xeno said:

Infantry means people
    My bad lmao anti-material? In any case it’s literally only designed to take out vehicles and equipment and they expect rapid double kills on people smh. Would be as simple as catch 2 people next to eachother and kill both in one rocket right? Nope. Splash damage is a joke and even a direct hit to the face is survived most of the time cause of flak jacket.

Looking around online, the biggest tip given for it is to play Plunder on Warzone, wait til the very end of the plane route when it automatically kicks you out of the plane if you didn’t jump yet, because usually the only reason people didn’t jump by that point is cause they’re AFK. And then when you land you simply smack 2 of them back to back cause melee kills count for it. 

When you literally have to prey on AFKs to complete a challenge, that shit is broken.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    Unlocked every non-DLC Smash Ultimate character and beat classic mode with each. Over 70 fighters lmao. I vastly underestimated how much there is to do in this game. There's even an achievement system. Now I'm about to add the DLC.

Also Cheeze is the only real one here since he added me. The rest of yall are clearly scared.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I jus haven’t been on my Switch lol. Starting Super Mario 3D World soon tho so I’ll add you when I do.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Unlocked every non-DLC Smash Ultimate character and beat classic mode with each. Over 70 fighters lmao. I vastly underestimated how much there is to do in this game. There's even an achievement system. Now I'm about to add the DLC.

Also Cheeze is the only real one here since he added me. The rest of yall are clearly scared.

I forgot lol. I’m on that 3rd shift life so I’m off schedule from when everyone else is gaming anyways. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    My boy got a 7 day PlayStation jail sentence for calling somebody a hoe on 2K. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That shit is fucking hilarious because I literally tell mfs to kill themselves and that I got their wives on camera taking 5 dicks at once on a daily basis and I never received so much as a warning. My only guess is cause 2K is rated E so they’re more strict cause you’re sposed to keep it family friendly whereas COD is M and kids already ain’t sposed to be on it. Even the base game dialogue has cursing.
     It’s wild the shit that mfs get away wit on COD tho. I seen a dude the other day who’s clan tag was [NIGR] and his SN was HangTheBlax smh. They get around the algorithm by misspelling it but I’m sure that shit has to get shut down if enough people report it.
    Our hockey team got banned once because we called ourselves aids but it was like 2 or 3 games old at that point lol. 

We just hopped on to check our stats one day and it was banned. 

Not only were aids, but all 3 of us were people with hiv. 

One was magic Johnson, my name was charlie sheen, and my other friends name was freddie mercury =)))) 
    That’s terrible. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies

My girl refuses to let the switch out of the house because she'll lose the daily animal crossing check ins

I'm scared of both yall