Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    They did get tomb mold doe thats dope
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    Salty af the Cyberpunk soundtrack has no synthwave, industrial, or future funk on it
    How the fuck does it not have any synthwave? Literally a genre built around cyberpunk themes and imagery. Can you imagine a synth radio station ala GTA while driving around that world? Big fuck up. 
    For REAL 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    https://pitchfork.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-soundtrack-detailed-new-music-by-grimes-sophie-the-armed-and-more/

Vol 1
    01 Run the Jewels (Yankee and the Brave): “No Save Point”
    02 SOPHIE / Shygirl (Clockwork Venus): “BM”
    03 Le Destroy (The Bait): “Kill Kill”
    04 Yugen Blakrok (Gorgon Madonna): “Metamorphosis”
    05 Konrad Oldmoney (7 Facas): “Dinero” [ft. Cerbeus]
    06 Deadly Hunta / Maro Music (Footage Missing): “When It’s War’
    07 The Armed (Homeschool Dropouts): “Night City Aliens”
    08 Converge (Shattered Void): “I Won’t Let You Go”
    09 Aligns (Rubicones): “Friday Night Fire Fight”
    10 Tomb Mold (Bacillus): “Adaptive Manipulator”
    11 Deafkids (Tainted Overlord): “Selva Pulsátil”

Vol 2
    01 Namakopuri (Us Cracks): “PonPon Shit”
    02 Grimes (Lizzy Wizzy): “Delicate Weapon”
    03 Rat Boy (IBDY): “Who’s Ready for Tomorrow”
    04 HEALTH (Window Weather): “Major Crimes”
    05 Rosa Walton (Hallie Coggins): “I Really Want to Stay at Your House”
    06 Nina Kraviz (Bara Nova): “Surprise Me, I’m Surprised Today”
    07 Raney Shockne (Point Break Candy): “Hole in the Sun” [f. COS and Conway]
    08 Gazelle Twin (Trash Generation): “History”
    09 Poloz (Tinnitus): “On My Way to Hell”
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,585 spicy boy
    20 songs?

that can’t possibly be right, unless there isnt like radio stations or something. 

Idk I've tried to stay in the dark as far as this game goes for the most part. 
    20 songs?

that can’t possibly be right, unless there isnt like radio stations or something. 

there will be music developed by like a composer for the game. but these are the only licensed songs. and none of them are synthwave, industrial, or future funk lmao. The genres that defined the cyberpunk genre. 
    20 songs?

there will be music developed by like a composer for the game. but these are the only licensed songs. and none of them are synthwave, industrial, or future funk lmao. The genres that defined the cyberpunk genre. 
    I was asking because I remember something about them rejecting Perturbator for the soundtrack because the original soundtrack was too similar in style. If that's the case I don't see what the point of having licensed synthwave would be
    edited November 2020
    Xeno said:
    20 songs?

I was asking because I remember something about them rejecting Perturbator for the soundtrack because the original soundtrack was too similar in style. If that's the case I don't see what the point of having licensed synthwave would be
    thing is all, the licensed artists are being added into the game as NPCs. That would have been a HUGE push for the synthwave genre, as something that is still pretty underground, and hasn't achieved mainstream success. Even a big artist like Perturbator or Carpenter Brut would have benefitted a lot from that. Same thing for like Zardonic adding industrial, or Macross 82-99 adding future funk. Especially when these genres have been heralding the cyberpunk aesthetic since day 1
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Bugsnax > Cyberpunk
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Bugsnax > Cyberpunk
    I believe it
    That sounds like they will probably have their own they made then. 

Idk seems weird but i trust cd project to deliver the goty so 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Xeno said:
    20 songs?

thing is all, the licensed artists are being added into the game as NPCs. That would have been a HUGE push for the synthwave genre, as something that is still pretty underground, and hasn't achieved mainstream success. Even a big artist like Perturbator or Carpenter Brut would have benefitted a lot from that. Same thing for like Zardonic adding industrial, or Macross 82-99 adding future funk. Especially when these genres have been heralding the cyberpunk aesthetic since day 1

Literally all of them, or just some? If it's every artist I can understand some frustration, otherwise it looks like you're grasping for reasons the game you've been hating on since day one for no reason other than public hype is bad.
    I dig synthwave and industrial but if you're holding out for "mainstream" success good luck mayne
    That sounds like they will probably have their own they made then. 

Idk seems weird but i trust cd project to deliver the goty so 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I don't expect it to live up to Wild Hunt
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    20 songs?

Literally all of them, or just some? If it's every artist I can understand some frustration, otherwise it looks like you're grasping for reasons the game you've been hating on since day one for no reason other than public hype is bad.
    all of them. the names in parenthesis are their Cyberpunk names. 
    Ah. Big dumb

I'm not terribly familiar with the genres aside from Perturbator and Carpenter Brut but wouldn't it be difficult to incorporate most artists from the genre as characters if they only go by a stage name and don't appear publically aside from hidden behind a table?
    I am not a fan of the level design in the star wars game. It looks great and ive heard its got a great story, but man it’s frustrating. You have to do the stupidest shit over again if you have to respawn. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yep. Fucking hate it
    Isnt it a Souls like? 
    yeah so that's where that part comes from