Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,595 spicy boy
    Holy fuck kill your self for even reminding me. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    1&2>>>>>

Only thing worth wild after that is underground. The rest can get fucked. 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    edited September 2020
    Best part of Paper Mario is the writing. No bullshit. And the gameplay and design is all on point and fantastic, but the writing is the main charm of the game. That might sound funny to say, but the game is fucking FUNNY. Story itself is typical save the day shit, but all the dialogue in between is jus A1.

Goombas, Koopas, and Shy Guys are basically forced to take Mario’s side against the main villain, so there’s a point where a Koopa is talking to Mario about joining the fight, but pussies out and says “I mean, what am I really gonna do anyways? Walk towards him really slow?” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Game is so meta and constantly breaks the fourth wall and pokes fun at the entire Mario universe lmao I love it.
  • Options
    XenoXeno Posts: 21,010 master of ceremonies
    1&2>>>>>

Only thing worth wild after that is underground. The rest can get fucked. 
    Shit opinion, American Wasteland was great
  • Options
    Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    American Wasteland was fuckin awesome. Every mission was like hit a 10,000 point combo on this blackjack table and then we'll bring in a truck to take it back to the skate ranch. 
  • Options
    Making me want to play them fuck 
  • Options
    Project 8 was great too. Matter fact, THUG2 and Project 8 were my 2 favorites.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Remake is fantastic tho. Beating my fucking ass cause I’m rusty as shit lmao, but damn what a trip down memory lane.

It does remind me tho how much better Tony Hawk got once it went open world and you could get off the board. They should have at least added being able to get off the board to the remake. It wouldn’t be 100% true to the original, but it definitely would have been welcome.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    Boomer Con starts today!!

https://www.realmsdeep.game/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    My only complaint wit Paper Mario so far is the combat system. Which, from what I saw, was also the one widespread complaint in pretty much every review. It’s jus simply not that great. It’s turn based, which in and of itself is perfectly fine, but the way it was implemented jus simply doesn’t work that well. It’s okay enough against regular enemies, but even then it’s so repetitive that I find myself running away from them and avoiding combat as much as possible. The only reward is coins anyways, which there’s already an abundance of in the map. But against BOSSES, it’s basically jus flat out BAD. It doesn’t work like they seemed to think it does. On top of that it jus drags out the boss fights and makes them all so unnecessarily LONG. None of the boss fights have been truly enjoyable so far and that’s a shame. 

Overall tho, the game is still great and I’d still recommend it, I’ve had a lot of fun wit it and it’s charming as ever, but yea sadly that combat system is holding it back from true greatness and is the reason points are knocked off and this will end up getting like an 8 from me.
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    Did you ever play the first 3 games? Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario are near masterpieces in particular. It's too bad the combat in the new game sucks when everything else about it is so well received.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    Roommate said thug 1&2 were the worst skating games ever. 
  • Options
    They are fun games, but also very easy mechanically. A lot of people think skate 2/3 are probably the better skateboarding games and id probably agree. But TH is probably more fun to just pick up an chill with. More of an arcade style.

i also think a lot of people are still mad about THPS5. 

Cant forget about one of the worst games ever made lol
  • Options
    Skate is so sick 
  • Options
    Jesus Christ the rollout for both sides is so fucking terrible this time around. How the fuck you gon announce the price of the budget model before you announce the price of the BASE MODEL?? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Options
    Because it leaked first. But the base one did too. $499 Series X, $299 Series S 
  • Options
    Need dat info on $499 is a fair price. At least it comes out around cyberpunk so i have that to be hype af about
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    Hyrule Warriors game covering the events of the Great Calamity out in November.

https://youtu.be/ifm8tpcO4vw
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    Man there are way way too many games Im trying to buy this year (and next year). 

I dont have enough time to play all these, let alone money to buy them