Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    Depends on the type of game. Once you play a shooter with mouse and keyboard, you will never ever go back 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Going for a video a day all week. Post Void - Hotline Miami vibes in the first person

https://youtu.be/qm4GfrKB7lo
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Depends on the type of game. Once you play a shooter with mouse and keyboard, you will never ever go back 
    I went back because all my friends console game, but man I wish i could get them to switch. 

It does just take time. Gotta learn dat muscle memory lol
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Yeah shooters, rts, strategy, etc are better with mouse and keyboard imo, platformers, sports games, and fighters better with a controller 
  • Options
    Yeah shooters, rts, strategy, etc are better with mouse and keyboard imo, platformers, sports games, and fighters better with a controller 
    100%
  • Options
    XenoXeno Posts: 21,010 master of ceremonies
    Get used to*
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Secret Lab chair arrived today. Feel free to believe the hype. Now I’m sad I have to sit in my cheap ass mid back office chair at work. I may eventually get another one for my other kid at home and then bring his current Serta chair into work. (not worth having a SecretLabs chair at work but I’m definitely gonna have to do some sort of upgrade here)
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
  • Options
    Man Ghost Of Tsushima is incredible. 

Bout 12 hours in, still on Act 1, but I been doing every question mark and side quest. Game will prolly end up as GOTY for me honestly. Unless Act 2 & 3 take a complete fucking nosedive, which I don’t foresee happening. Everything has been flawless. And even my minor gripe wit the combat disappeared once I got some upgrades in. The upgrades to be able to parry all weapon types immediately transform the whole system ALONE.

I also love how in a lot of cases, stealth is made almost NECESSARY, especially compared to Assassin’s Creed. For instance, in the forts that you have to clear out, you can strong arm it and go in guns blazing, but you’re gonna die a LOT wit that approach lmao. So on a lot of those, it’s best to clear out at least half of their forces quietly, and then if you finally get found, fuck it, the last half ain’t too hard to take out in combat.

Graphically, this might be the most gorgeous game I’ve ever played. RDR2 still has it beat in terms of textures and hyper realism, but the ART DIRECTION is where it truly fucking shines and exactly why the game will forever look great. It’s a perfect blend of both style and realism. Everything is jus so fucking vibrant. And holy SHIT the fucking draw distance. I have experienced essentially zero pop-in and no I am not exaggerating. Even RDR2 didn’t pull that off. Granted, I’m on a PS4 Pro, so idk if it performs as well on the base PS4, but nevertheless.
  • Options
    Which reminds me, my friend and his homie run a gaming podcast, good one too, and he’s a huge fan of my music, so he’s been wanting me as a guest on the podcast. So they’re doing a bonus episode strictly about Ghost. Reviews, discourse, etc., and I’ll be on it. Me and him still need to finish it, his dude already did in the first week. This was actually sposed to already happen, as far as having me as a guest, for their TLOU2 bonus episode, but I jus simply didn’t finish the game in time for their recording.

But yea I’ll link it in here once it airs if anybody’s interested.
  • Options
    Do it. I got nothing better to do while at work. 
  • Options
    Have you played Ghost?
  • Options
    Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Some dude got mad n messaged me cuz I killed him in fall guys, lol
    I won the final n almost sent a screenshot. Sitting on 11 crowns 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Which reminds me, my friend and his homie run a gaming podcast, good one too, and he’s a huge fan of my music, so he’s been wanting me as a guest on the podcast. So they’re doing a bonus episode strictly about Ghost. Reviews, discourse, etc., and I’ll be on it. Me and him still need to finish it, his dude already did in the first week. This was actually sposed to already happen, as far as having me as a guest, for their TLOU2 bonus episode, but I jus simply didn’t finish the game in time for their recording.

What's it called?

Tell em to get me on for Doom 
  • Options

• Options
    Have you played Ghost?

Nope. Haven't played much of anything or even looked into new games lately.  I’ve been working a lot and doing other shit in my free time.  Been meaning to check it out though, heard good things. 
  • Options

What's it called?

Tell em to get me on for Doom 
    Auto Hit Confirm.

He personally started Doom late, idk if other dude played it. But yea a Doom episode ain't happening on their end lmao.
  • Options
    Have you played Ghost?

Nope. Haven't played much of anything or even looked into new games lately.  I’ve been working a lot and doing other shit in my free time.  Been meaning to check it out though, heard good things. 
    I HIGHLY recommend. 
  • Options
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Man Ghost Of Tsushima is incredible. 

Bout 12 hours in, still on Act 1, but I been doing every question mark and side quest. Game will prolly end up as GOTY for me honestly. Unless Act 2 & 3 take a complete fucking nosedive, which I don’t foresee happening. Everything has been flawless. And even my minor gripe wit the combat disappeared once I got some upgrades in. The upgrades to be able to parry all weapon types immediately transform the whole system ALONE.

I also love how in a lot of cases, stealth is made almost NECESSARY, especially compared to Assassin’s Creed. For instance, in the forts that you have to clear out, you can strong arm it and go in guns blazing, but you’re gonna die a LOT wit that approach lmao. So on a lot of those, it’s best to clear out at least half of their forces quietly, and then if you finally get found, fuck it, the last half ain’t too hard to take out in combat.

Graphically, this might be the most gorgeous game I’ve ever played. RDR2 still has it beat in terms of textures and hyper realism, but the ART DIRECTION is where it truly fucking shines and exactly why the game will forever look great. It’s a perfect blend of both style and realism. Everything is jus so fucking vibrant. And holy SHIT the fucking draw distance. I have experienced essentially zero pop-in and no I am not exaggerating. Even RDR2 didn’t pull that off. Granted, I’m on a PS4 Pro, so idk if it performs as well on the base PS4, but nevertheless.
    Son you don’t even know yet. Just wait to you get further into the game