Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,710 spicy boy
    Got Hyrule Warriors today 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    Think im going to work on bringing down a cliff/level and making an orchard for my island today. 

Ill probably get the paths and fencing started today. Going to be a bit though because i just sold all my fruit to pay off a loan 8-|

What projects are yall working on? 
    Honestly, my island has kind of stagnated. I dont have any real plan for it, so Im just kind of playing to play. Im not good at making money in the game either, so it takes me forever to pay off loans. 
    I watched some 5 star tours, and it gave me a lot of ideas. 

Its kind of overwhelming though. 
    Man the spot in development some of these xbox games that they are showing is rough. 

Im excited fOr the actual systems, as they are pretty beast, but the games will need to catch up like always it look like. 
    I dont even think the PS4 or Xbone really reached their potential. My Xbone literally got ONE game of playtime. And while I played more on the PS4, I feel unsatisfied with this console generation cycle. 

I have 0 hype or interest in the PS5 or Xbox X right now. 

At least the Switch surpased my expectations though. Wonder what Nintendo will do next.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Think im going to work on bringing down a cliff/level and making an orchard for my island today. 

Ill probably get the paths and fencing started today. Going to be a bit though because i just sold all my fruit to pay off a loan 8-|

What projects are yall working on? 
    I'm still on that first week grind so not a whole lot yet. But i am trying to plan the layout of my town already with house placements, walkways, etc. 
    Yeah id never played before so i fucked that up a lot. 

I set my house on the other side of the island away from the other people. 

That way theu can have a public beach and i can pretend to have a private one. 

Theres a tool online you can use to create an island on your pc so you can kind of get an idea for what you want. 

I havent used it though. Just watched videos. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I dont even think the PS4 or Xbone really reached their potential. My Xbone literally got ONE game of playtime. And while I played more on the PS4, I feel unsatisfied with this console generation cycle. 

At least the Switch surpased my expectations though. Wonder what Nintendo will do next.
    The Xbox one's hardware has been struggling to match what developers want to do for a few years now. If you only used your Xbox for a single game, that has more to do with you than anything else
    Yeah. The one X is mosty fine. I am excited for the new tech, but i am not excited to have to wait a year or two for the system to be worth wild. 

Im also concerned that developers will be instructed to do the same thing they did with the one X and dial back games so they work good on both systems. 

Iv spent like an hour and a 1/2 today terraforming and brining down a pevel of my island. And im about 1/2 way done lol. 
    The thing i love most about this game is if i have 5 minutes, i can pick it up and quick do something. I can do it completely around my entire day and not be stressed out about having to get something done right this second. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I set my house on the other side of the island away from the other people. 

That way theu can have a public beach and i can pretend to have a private one. 
    I did the same =)
    Xeno said:

The Xbox one's hardware has been struggling to match what developers want to do for a few years now. If you only used your Xbox for a single game, that has more to do with you than anything else
    I got my Xbone for $30 so Im not stressing. There was just really only one, ok two, games worth playing on it. 

Regardless, this generation has been disappointing overall. 

All set to drop in 120 fruit trees. About to be pumping out 180,000 worth of fruit every couple of days from that bad boy. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:

I got my Xbone for $30 so Im not stressing. There was just really only one, ok two, games worth playing on it. 

Regardless, this generation has been disappointing overall. 
    Getting older is disappointing
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I’ve been playing a good amount recently. Still don’t have any rhyme or reason as far as a layout. I’m just trying to make tons of bells really.

My fiancée also plays so she has her own character and house on the island. The island I picked we decided I get the left of the island she gets the middle and all the other fucks got the right side haha

I just started looking up how to cross pollinate flowers and shit so I got a decent garden going. I think I’m going to plant a shit load bunch fruit trees as well.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Idk if I’ll end up really getting back into it. Still wanna get all the fruits and everything but I played hard the first week of release and kinda dropped it ever since. I prolly have weeds lmao I gotta check. It almost needs to be the only game you’re playing wit the kind of attention it requires. After I finish FF7 I’ll try and get back into it cause I won’t really have any campaigns left to play until TLOU2 drops.
    Eh. I feel like you can play an hour or two a day and be fine. Even at least 20 minutes keeps some
    progress moving. 

Its dope though. Im excited for the loads of content im sure that will be added. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    The other day I seen this article, I guess there’s like AC services where players are paid bells to come to other towns and pull their weeds for them lmao, trading weeds, shit like that. So there’s FB groups for this shit, and they had to stop calling them weeds, especially using the phrase “trading weeds”, because the FB algorithm was picking it up as advertising/selling narcotics and giving people FB jail. 🤣🤣