Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Got a question. Do I need to play dead space before playing dead space 2 or will I be fine just playing the second
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    by dead space 1 first.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Got a question. Do I need to play dead space before playing dead space 2 or will I be fine just playing the second
    They have a feature called "Previously on Dead Space" that will fill you in.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Okay question. I know most of you play xbox and dislike ps3 but I have a question and maybe someone can answer it.

When I try and invite or get invited to a party it won't let me join certain friends but others work every time. Only thing it will let us do every once in a while was if they are playing a game and there is space in the room it will let me in but we won't be in a party. Any idea why it does this? Is it something to do with modem or router or Internet service?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Okay question. I know most of you play xbox and dislike ps3 but I have a question and maybe someone can answer it.

When I try and invite or get invited to a party it won't let me join certain friends but others work every time. Only thing it will let us do every once in a while was if they are playing a game and there is space in the room it will let me in but we won't be in a party. Any idea why it does this? Is it something to do with modem or router or Internet service?
    i'm assuming this is on PS3 cuz of your first statement... i have the same problem, some games work perfectly fine, and some people work fine, but others dont.
    I think it has something to do with the routers protection not allowing your PS3 to share infro with others... kinda like on battle.net if you play WC3...
    try allowing your PS3 through, or opening ports on your router, or try lowering security

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies

i'm assuming this is on PS3 cuz of your first statement... i have the same problem, some games work perfectly fine, and some people work fine, but others dont.
    I think it has something to do with the routers protection not allowing your PS3 to share infro with others... kinda like on battle.net if you play WC3...
    try allowing your PS3 through, or opening ports on your router, or try lowering security

Pretty much this. Your routers security is pretty much blocking you friends and you from doing things. Your NAT Type has to be open. Check it and if it's NAT Type 1 or 2 then it should be fine. If it's 3 then change that shit quick. No one wants a NAT 3 on their ps3.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy

Pretty much this. Your routers security is pretty much blocking you friends and you from doing things. Your NAT Type has to be open. Check it and if it's NAT Type 1 or 2 then it should be fine. If it's 3 then change that shit quick. No one wants a NAT 3 on their ps3.
    i havent fixed mine yet. lol... i just kinda know about it, cuz of WC3. Can I change the NAT from the PS3, or will i have to open up my router, like for WC3?

i'm assuming use the router
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Halo: Combat Evolved HD remake for Xbox 360... :D:D:D
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    All the articles i'm seeing doesn't have it confirmed yet.

I remember playing Halo CE and having to use gamespy to be able to do any kind of online multiplayer. I would set up a match and my friend who lived down the street would join and we would be on the phone talking strategy. That was before xbox live came out.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited February 2011

I remember playing Halo CE and having to use gamespy to be able to do any kind of online multiplayer. I would set up a match and my friend who lived down the street would join and we would be on the phone talking strategy. That was before xbox live came out.
    I remember that shit, ghetto, but good times :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

Haha! We used a link cable..one group would be in one room and the other group in a different room. Shit got crazy when I knew where the sniper rifle, grenade launcher and the oversheilds n invisability shit was for every map. Everyone would be pissed at me for something lol!
    imageimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I still remember when Xbox Live was new. I had to beg my mom to get it.
    I still remember when Xbox Live was new. I had to beg my mom to get it.
    I still got my zipper case it came in when the beta was released.
    I miss the old days of original Xbox. Shit was so cash.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    UFC is over. I'm getting on Black Ops.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Right?
    imageimage
    yes.

old days of Halo 2 were bomb.
    True that.

There was actually an article about these Halo 2 players that didn't shut there xboxs off after Bungie shut down the servers just so they could keep playing online. Because once you disconnected you couldn't get back on. Eventually they started dropping 1 by 1. I think the guy who made it the longest kept his xbox on for 40 days or something.
    edited February 2011
    Heres the the article:
    http://kotaku.com/5535672/the-last-man-to-play-halo-2-on-xbox-live

It was actually only 26 days... but still. haha
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Kotaku is an aweshum site.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket