Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    NEWGOD said:
    Its a shield similar to reinhardt that moves forward on a track. 
    Damn, thats not even her Ultimate. Thats just a new abiltity! Her second ultimate is she can place a shield generator that gives massive shields to all teammates WITHOUT needing line of sight. Thats fucking badass
    isnt that basically lucio's?
    Sort of. Lucio gives you straight health that degrades with time. This new ultimate wont (i dont think) There are 3 types of health in Overwatch. Health,  armor, and shields. Each character has different amounts of each and certain characters can give different types. Health doesnt regen, but shield will regen if you dont take damage for a few secs. Armor doesnt regen but it blocks way more damage per bullet.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Symmetra + Torb = new meta. Im calling it. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    NEWGOD said:
    ...she's the most underused hero because she's the weakest. Winston bends Symmetra over and makes her his bitch. So does Mei. 
    Shes a support... no shit shes gonna die easily. But shes also really useful. I use her a lot in arcade mode because she gets kills easily. I want to use her more in comp, but people dont really know how to work with her yet. 
    She's useful in like one situation which is defending point A. You surely cant use her on attack. What position are you gonna give up to use her? A healer? A dps? 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Ah ok. Yeah iv read the armor deflecting more health part. Is this the yellow section on other peoples health bar?
    Yup just looked it up. SO hype for a 5 day weekend. Its been cold enough here to cut through razor wire with my nipples so i don't plan to do much else other than game. 
    NEWGOD said:
    NEWGOD said:
    ...she's the most underused hero because she's the weakest. Winston bends Symmetra over and makes her his bitch. So does Mei. 
    Shes a support... no shit shes gonna die easily. But shes also really useful. I use her a lot in arcade mode because she gets kills easily. I want to use her more in comp, but people dont really know how to work with her yet. 
    She's useful in like one situation which is defending point A. You surely cant use her on attack. What position are you gonna give up to use her? A healer? A dps? 
    Shes only useful on attack. Shes a support role. Not a healer, a support. Theres a difference. She can set up plays nicely, and teleporter is really useful for pushing payloads. Her regen shields are nice coupled with a healer. And she does a lot of damage. Plus her turrets are good distractions. 
    Ah ok. Yeah iv read the armor deflecting more health part. Is this the yellow section on other peoples health bar?
    Yea. and the blue is shields 
    So on your health bar white is health, yellow is armor, blue is shields. 
    Thanks my dudes. For a noob i feel like im grasping it well. I wish i had more than 1 or two buddies that played. Basically no one in quick play uses there mic iv found so far. Or are in parties. 
    NEWGOD said:
    NEWGOD said:
    Shes only useful on attack. Shes a support role. Not a healer, a support. Theres a difference. She can set up plays nicely, and teleporter is really useful for pushing payloads. Her regen shields are nice coupled with a healer. And she does a lot of damage. Plus her turrets are good distractions. 
    Symmetra only good on attack =)))))))))))))))

No wonder you in the silver tier boi. Symmetra is fucking terrible on attack. She's way better on defense. You can set up a trap room with your 6 turrets and use your teleporter to get back to the fight faster (since the defending spawn is farther from point A/the payload.

and my point was that the current meta is 2 dps, 2 tanks, and 2 healers. If you pick Symmetra you are wasting a pick. You're going to be short one dps or healer or tank. She cant kill as efficiently as a dps, she cant heal like a healer, and she cant aggro like a tank. 
    NEWGOD said:
    NEWGOD said:
    NEWGOD said:
    Symmetra only good on attack =)))))))))))))))

No wonder you in the silver tier boi. Symmetra is fucking terrible on attack. She's way better on defense. You can set up a trap room with your 6 turrets and use your teleporter to get back to the fight faster (since the defending spawn is farther from point A/the payload.

and my point was that the current meta is 2 dps, 2 tanks, and 2 healers. If you pick Symmetra you are wasting a pick. You're going to be short one dps or healer or tank. She cant kill as efficiently as a dps, she cant heal like a healer, and she cant aggro like a tank. 
    The meta is meant to be broken. Every match Ive played as Symmetra on attack we've won. Granted it was only like 3, but still. Shes underused and misunderstood. 
    Honestly playing Dota helped me understand Overwatch a great deal. In Dota it wasnt presented so cut and dry "support=healer, attack=dps, defense=area denial, tank=bullet sponge". There were no specific roles like that. Support meant support, not healer. Supports could be initators, item whores, healers, even tanks or carries if played correctly. And so I think of all the roles in Overwatch differently too. I dont think of Sombra as a DPS even though shes a attack character. I think if her as a harasser and initator. Symmetra is a defense and harrasser, with shielding. Dva is can get behind enemy lines. Reinhardt can push into a cluster and confuse, breaking the line of an enemy allowing the team to move in. 

People need to think outside the box more. And thats why characters like Sombra and Symmetra are looked down on. 
    I like hacking health packs with sombra. I try to sneak behind the lines and hack all the enemy health packs =))
    I just love the variety. Most shooters iv played only give you one or two ways to play. With overwatch i can morph the way i play based on what my team and the other team chooses. 
    Shoulda kept that ps4 mang we coulda played
    no life just overmott
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Alright so I'll buy the game if you three all move to PS4 to play and we create a team. I do whatever shit job is needed to win. Then we make lots of money 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Plus im PC master race