Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

"NEW" Pantera song "The Will to Survive"

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Nola, you finish that album yet? It's been over an hour.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol its 95 degrees out, i will write it later tonight. it will be a halford materpiece, with demons and hell and stickin it to the man and actin young and tough and all that super cool stuff....
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    If you could write an albums worth of songs you would have already done it and not be posting on these forums. I agree his last album isn't "full of hits" but it's a damn sight better than what you've done. Stop posting and get to writing........I'm anxiously awaiting your efforts at songwriting. If it's "no prob" then show me otherwise I still call bullshit.
    ive got an album worth of song lyrics. probably two albums actually
    If you could write an albums worth of songs you would have already done it and not be posting on these forums. I agree his last album isn't "full of hits" but it's a damn sight better than what you've done. Stop posting and get to writing........I'm anxiously awaiting your efforts at songwriting. If it's "no prob" then show me otherwise I still call bullshit.
    ive got an album worth of song lyrics. probably two albums actually

That's awesome. Where can I buy the album(s)? I'm not talented enough to write or play an instrument so I envy those that can.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2010
    As a singer, i have to mention that dynamics are for volume. Range is for how high low they are.

Yo may now continue your argument.

Also, just watched those, I couuldnt even get past the first clip of carry, she was just squeeking, no resonence in her voice what-so-ever, sounded horrid. Halford on the other hand had a very full, well supported voice.
    it was a joke, lol. did you really think i was serious? i know halford has talent, but imo i'd rather listen to anything anselmo does than halford. judas priest is awesome, halford on his own is boring as shit and i could care less, but anything phil has done, i have dugg! halford has good vocal range when he squeelz whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........
    thats about it...

phil can squeel whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................
    and also sing, grunt, yell, scream, and all the other stuff i said before, and he even sounds tough.

halford is cool and has talent, but is wayyyyyy overrated.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    If phil becomes the next singer of heaven and hell, it would be the greatest metal band making music period
    To even suggest Phil could hope to imitate Dio's vocals is retarded.

• Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Phil is an asshole
    Vinnie is overrated...and has made nothing but crap since his brother died
    Dime wouldn't be as big if he didn't get shot, he was a great guitar player...but let's be honest
    Rex...I never really ever heard or hear anything about him
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    If phil becomes the next singer of heaven and hell, it would be the greatest metal band making music period
    To even suggest Phil could hope to imitate Dio's vocals is retarded.
    i dont think thats what he was trying to say at all...
    Phil is an asshole
    Dime wouldn't be as big if he didn't get shot, he was a great guitar player...but let's be honest
    Phil is a talented asshole with a great voice, and i met him, he was really cool.

Vinnie is not overrated, i think everyone agrees he's not that good, but he's better than Lars.

Dime was pretty big before he got shot and if Pantera reunited, they would have only gotten better, I saw Damageplan and the place was sold out just to see dime, everyone was fighting just to get to the right side of the stage where he was.

Rex is in Down man, Down rulez!
  • Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    As a singer, i have to mention that dynamics are for volume. Range is for how high low they are.

Also, just watched those, I couuldnt even get past the first clip of carry, she was just squeeking, no resonence in her voice what-so-ever, sounded horrid. Halford on the other hand had a very full, well supported voice.

I read somewhere that his vocal range is like 12 or 14 octaves. Supremely talented singer.
    I hope there is some sarcasm in there, because a grand piano only has 8 octaves if I remember right, the human voice. . . no where close.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    ^^^halford has like a 4-5 octave range, same with axl rose
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Phil is an asshole
    Phil is a talented asshole with a great voice, and i met him, he was really cool.

Vinnie is not overrated, i think everyone agrees he's not that good, but he's better than Lars.

Dime was pretty big before he got shot and if Pantera reunited, they would have only gotten better, I saw Damageplan and the place was sold out just to see dime, everyone was fighting just to get to the right side of the stage where he was.

Please explain why Vinnie is not overrated.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage

I read somewhere that his vocal range is like 12 or 14 octaves. Supremely talented singer.
    I hope there is some sarcasm in there, because a grand piano only has 8 octaves if I remember right, the human voice. . . no where close.

LOL.....I'm glad someone detected the sarcasm.......
    I like Vinnie..he seems like a chill dude...but seriously this Hellyeah shit leaves a lot to be desired. He is an average drummer, who was in an awesome band.
    I like Vinnie..he seems like a chill dude...but seriously this Hellyeah shit leaves a lot to be desired. He is an average drummer, who was in an awesome band.

Totally agree.
    Phil is an asshole

Please explain why Vinnie is not overrated.

Totally agree.
    i agree too,and so does everyone else, thats why i said hes not overrated, because everyone i've ever talked to said he's not that great of a drummer. if everyone said he was the best ever, then he would be overrated. and imo hellyea blowssss........
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    ^^^halford has like a 4-5 octave range, same with axl rose

maybe back in the 80s for axl...

from what i hear from him lately, he cant even drop or raise an octave.....dude sounds monotone now.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i agree too,and so does everyone else, thats why i said hes not overrated, because everyone i've ever talked to said he's not that great of a drummer. if everyone said he was the best ever, then he would be overrated. and imo hellyea blowssss........
    If I were to do a poll of 200 metal listeners, asking them to do a top 20 of drummers (not strictly metal), at least half would select Vinnie.

This is my claim.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Look up recent footage of GnR...quite possibly some of the worst live vox I have ever heard.
    If I were to do a poll of 200 metal listeners, asking them to do a top 20 of drummers (not strictly metal), at least half would select Vinnie.

This is my claim.
    Yea I guess your right but everyone I know personally or from this site has never mentioned him to be great for people like us I don't think he's overrated cause I never overrated him but for other people who just know him cause of his fame I hear what you're saying. I think he's more overrated because he's so famous not because people know him for his drumming