Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

"NEW" Pantera song "The Will to Survive"

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Phil Anselmo > Rob Halford
    Oh the blasphemy.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2010
    ive seen, pantera, down, superjoint, and ive seen judas priest and halford, j priest was awesome, but after seeing halford the other day put and entire arena to sleep, there's alot more vocalists i'd pick over halford including anselmo. anselmo had a nice solid singing voice, can scream/grunt/growl/ect., and he can even do the halford cat squeel thing. waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, and phil has better stage presence. halford just walked around in a studed jacket. phil is a great front man and gets the crowd going. halford is talented, hopefully he never goes solo again and just reunites with priest, cause that was awesome, but i'd go see anselmo before halford anytime.
    Post edited by HOODS on
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Don't make me send you a letter informing you of my distaste for this statement.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I think Phil is a great vocalist. Just sayin
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    If phil becomes the next singer of heaven and hell, it would be the greatest metal band making music period
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If phil becomes the next singer of heaven and hell, it would be the greatest metal band making music period
    lol
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I've got no sympathy
    For all you've done to me
    I'll bring you to your knees
    And give you what you please

I'm gonna get to you
    Just like you got to me
    And then I'll do to you
    Just what you did to me

I'm gonna shoot it,
    I'm gonna shoot it,
    Cause I'm locked and loaded

I'm gonna shoot it,
    I'm gonna shoot it,
    Cause I'm locked and loaded

I aim to make you high
    Won't stop until you cry
    Just when you think I'm done
    I've only just begun

---------

You're trapped inside my Cyber World
    Consumed up as my web unfurls
    No secrets left for your mankind.

My virus lurks throughtout your veins
    I'm spreading there inside your brain
    A Trojan Horse that eats your mind.

Cyber World
    Cyber World
    I've got your power.

Cyber World
    Cyber World
    I will devour, yeah...

oh yeah look at the literary genius of Rob Halford!!!!! If only anselmo could right amazing lyrics like this!!! I have been so wrong all these years!!!
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh the blasphemy.....
    Don't make me send you a letter informing you of my distaste for this statement.
    i think i could literally have written halfords last album in under one hour while also watching everybody loves raymond reruns on tv
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    i think i could literally have written halfords last album in under one hour while also watching everybody loves raymond reruns on tv

I call bullshit. Write an album's worth of hits and prove me wrong.
    at the quality of the two songs i listed above? no prob, i just have to wait for raymond to come on.... and his last album is NOT full of hits....i didnt say anything about judas priest.......
    If you could write an albums worth of songs you would have already done it and not be posting on these forums. I agree his last album isn't "full of hits" but it's a damn sight better than what you've done. Stop posting and get to writing........I'm anxiously awaiting your efforts at songwriting. If it's "no prob" then show me otherwise I still call bullshit.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Halford sounds like Mariah Carey....
  • Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    edited September 2010
    As a singer, i have to mention that dynamics are for volume. Range is for how high low they are.

Yo may now continue your argument.

Also, just watched those, I couuldnt even get past the first clip of carry, she was just squeeking, no resonence in her voice what-so-ever, sounded horrid. Halford on the other hand had a very full, well supported voice.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    To even suggest Phil could hope to imitate Dio's vocals is retarded.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    As a singer, i have to mention that dynamics are for volume. Range is for how high low they are.

Yo may now continue your argument.

Also, just watched those, I couuldnt even get past the first clip of carry, she was just squeeking, no resonence in her voice what-so-ever, sounded horrid. Halford on the other hand had a very full, well supported voice.

I read somewhere that his vocal range is like 12 or 14 octaves. Supremely talented singer.

This. Phil is very talented in his own right but he could never ever pull off Dio's vocal style or range.

This. Phil is very talented in his own right but he could never ever pull off Dio's vocal style or range.
    i wasnt really implying that, i was saying that if he wrote his own material with the remaining members of heaven and hell. not try and do what dio did....