Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Erik Peterson remebrance/appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    Ill probably go get a 3rd gen...prices should drop on them a little.
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    New iPod Touchs aren't really a huge improvement on the old one.
    Actually they are...
  • Options
    drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Actually they are...
    Let's hear why.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Options
    AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited September 2010
    yeah for real where's the goddamn 120 gig one at
    the itouch i don't need a camera and whatever they have.
  • Options
    Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    personally, I really like the addition of the cameras, the improved motion control and the A4 processor will make iOS4 run like a dream.
  • Options
    ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    I will LMAO when he doesnt get neither
    you get nothing Pictures, Images and Photos
    lololololololol
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Actually they are...
    Let's hear why.
    personally, I really like the addition of the cameras, the improved motion control and the A4 processor will make iOS4 run like a dream.
    pretty much said it for me.

Has 2 cameras on it. One facing you for video calling with people and another in the back that can also take HD video up to 720p. It also has l A4 processor found inside the iPhone 4 and iPad.It will make the touch go fast and the iOS4 run really fast and smooth and gaming will be very awesome on it. It has added the iPhone 4's gyroscope for increased tilt control accuracy for gaming and such.

It has improved a great deal sir.
  • Options
    GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The only thing that remotely interests me is the camera. I have no complaints with my ipod as is.
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    Its only 50 more for a 4th gen 32gb...

I might get it if i can muster up $300 sometime soon..
  • Options

Has 2 cameras on it. One facing you for video calling with people and another in the back that can also take HD video up to 720p. It also has l A4 processor found inside the iPhone 4 and iPad.It will make the touch go fast and the iOS4 run really fast and smooth and gaming will be very awesome on it. It has added the iPhone 4's gyroscope for increased tilt control accuracy for gaming and such.

Yes, this is all true. However, these are all previous technologies. It's not new. I recently got an iPhone 4, and am quite happy with it. The A4 chip addition is not really that noticeable, although my iPod has always run without a hitch. The front facing camera is totally unnecessary. Until it becomes a common thing to have front facing cameras, and therefore have video calling, the technology is without use. I likely will never make a FaceTime call. The addition of a camera has been long overdue, and I think Apple is just playing catch up in that department. The gyroscope itself is interesting, although outside of people who use games frequently (ie the people who use it for non-work purpases), but is not a big addition to the device. The real big addition, which you didn't even mention, is the Retina Display. It's tough to really comprehend without having the device, but everything looks great. If their purpose was to grab more people who don't have the device yet, they likely will succeed, but I would not purchase the new iPod Touch to replace my old one. I wouldn't be as disappointed if they did all those, then managed to bump up the memory a few gigs as well.
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod

Yes, this is all true. However, these are all previous technologies. It's not new. I recently got an iPhone 4, and am quite happy with it. The A4 chip addition is not really that noticeable, although my iPod has always run without a hitch. The front facing camera is totally unnecessary. Until it becomes a common thing to have front facing cameras, and therefore have video calling, the technology is without use. I likely will never make a FaceTime call. The addition of a camera has been long overdue, and I think Apple is just playing catch up in that department. The gyroscope itself is interesting, although outside of people who use games frequently (ie the people who use it for non-work purpases), but is not a big addition to the device. The real big addition, which you didn't even mention, is the Retina Display. It's tough to really comprehend without having the device, but everything looks great. If their purpose was to grab more people who don't have the device yet, they likely will succeed, but I would not purchase the new iPod Touch to replace my old one. I wouldn't be as disappointed if they did all those, then managed to bump up the memory a few gigs as well.
    I feel no need to buy an iPhone 4. I have an iPhone 3G, and with the monthly updates, it would be ridiculous to buy a new one one for a few added features. However, I would buy an iPhone 4 if the battery life was improved. My battery would deplete after watching a few YouTube videos. I doubt that the iPhone 4 would include additional applications just for that phone, applications that I wouldn't be able to get on mine.

• Options
    The front facing camera is for use with Skype now....

my phone [ Samsung Impression ] Has video calling capabilities...i just dont know what good it will do....since it seems i have to know someone with another Impression...

but its whatever...Front facing cameras arent enough to make me not wanna get one...or wanna get one. im indifferent about it.

the fact that it can shoot 720p HD videos is a good thing for me since i like to get videos of live performances.
  • Options
    I feel no need to buy an iPhone 4. I have an iPhone 3G, and with the monthly updates, it would be ridiculous to buy a new one one for a few added features. However, I would buy an iPhone 4 if the battery life was improved. My battery would deplete after watching a few YouTube videos. I doubt that the iPhone 4 would include additional applications just for that phone, applications that I wouldn't be able to get on mine.
    So far it's been great, but I haven't put it through much. I'll do some more YouTube stuff eventually though.
  • Options
    you jus leave my boy alone!!!!!
  • Options
    BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Who is making all of these shitty trolls?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I spy with my little eye something Travis.

• Options
    BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Looks like he's in quite a bickle
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Options
    you boys are are the ones in a pickle after you went and criminilly harassed my son!
  • Options
  • Options
    r you talkin to me?