Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    if thats true then yeah you win
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    congrats to the heat. sorry george, but i'm hoping to see them play the celtics next
    The 10 Most Beloved Philly Athletes of All Time

1. Richie Ashburn
    A Hall of Fame center fielder with the Phils; his broadcast partnership with Harry Kalas made him a beloved figure here for more than half a century.

2. Wilt Chamberlain
    The greatest Philadelphia-born athlete ever, and star of the 1966-’67 Sixers team that won the NBA championship. There was only one Wilt.

3. Bobby Clarke
    The heart and soul of the Flyers team that won back-to-back Stanley Cups in the ’70s.

4. Julius Erving
    The only Philadelphia athlete I can think of who never was booed.

5. Reggie White
    The greatest defensive lineman in Eagles history.

6. Chase Utley
    Hit a grand slam in his first Phillies start; fans have loved him ever since.

7. Charles Barkley
    Always spoke his mind, which didn’t always win him friends, but most fans respected his honesty and effort.

8. Mike Schmidt
    The greatest player ever to wear a Phillies uniform got a rough ride from fans who felt he was too aloof. Wasn’t really embraced until late in his career.

9. Chuck Bednarik
    The number of folks who can say they actually saw Bednarik play for the Eagles dwindles each year, but the legend of Concrete Charlie, the last of the 60-minute men, lives on.

10. Allen Iverson
    A tough call, because for every fan who loves A.I., there’s one who hates him. But the ones who love him really love him.

Ray Didinger is a legendary Daily News sports columnist and current analyst for Comcast SportsNet. This piece originally appeared in the December 2011 issue of Philadelphia magazine.

I mean prolly the most famous writer in the city for the past 50 years has AI on his list of all time most loved in philly, I mean all time, thats so many to chose from. Philly loves Iversonnnn! Haters gonna hate, if he had the supporting cast like Kobe, Nowitski, Lebron, Pierce, The Spurs, ect had... heed won a title, he damn near won one by himself in 2001. The fact is for his entire career, he played with nobodies, its a shame, but he still played hard and gave it his all every time he stepped foor on the court, scraficed his bosy and thats why he cant play from all the injuries, hees not even that old. He just got beat down so much. Yeah he might have been whatever off the court, but on the court he played hard as fuck! I love AI!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    lol @ barkley and schmidt being behind utley
    erik should get a sweet green iverson throwback
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2012
    Fatty gonna ride the dick again.

And I would if I could. That shit would be dope.
    He's he should!
    idiots errwhere
    idiots errwhere
    Yourself being the worst offender. Keep crying. Why don't you leave, little bitch? All you do is cry about how much you hate all of us and how much better you are, anyways.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Time to send Philly packing

Sixers nation in da house!
    idiots errwhere
    Yourself being the worst offender. Keep crying. Why don't you leave, little bitch? All you do is cry about how much you hate all of us and how much better you are, anyways.
    :))

jimmies russled? if you wanna get a green jersey for that joke go right ahead, bra. you should get some sweet pink kicks to go along with it while you're at it. you'll look like a piece of watermelon chewing gum. drake would be proud
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Hoping the sixers win tonight.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    hoping adam is wrong
    Who's gonna cop some line and bait for Philly? TIME TO GO FISHING FAGGOTS! FUCK YEA GET THE FUCK OUT AND GO THE FUCK HOME.

KILL MIAMI, BOSTON!
    I can't complain. Sixers played their hearts out. I didn't even think they'd make the playoffs let alone game 7 of the 2nd round. They have a good young team, I still think they need a solid number 1. Proud of my team. Congrats Boston, please beat Miami...