Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

PROP 8 OVERTURNED!!!

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Wine, yes. Yes I did.
    While the ruling affects only California, the appeal will go to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which has jurisdiction over nine Western states. The outcome there eventually could force the U.S. Supreme Court to confront the question of whether gays have a constitutional right to wed.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wine, yes. Yes I did.
    I don't believe you.
    While the ruling affects only California, the appeal will go to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which has jurisdiction over nine Western states. The outcome there eventually could force the U.S. Supreme Court to confront the question of whether gays have a constitutional right to wed.
    That's what I said.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    You don't beleive me? Wow, that hurts my delicate feelings. LOL
    It wasn't intended to do anything other than state that I don't believe you. You may believe it, but I don't think it happened.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    GAYS BEEN GETTING MARRIED HERE ON MAUI FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS

DONT BOTHER ME

IF THEY WANT COCK THAT IS THEIR OWN KULIANA
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    it's like saying im going to be sexually atrracted to black/asian/fat/thin/women/men .... it's a preferance.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    it's like saying im going to be sexually atrracted to black/asian/fat/thin/women/men .... it's a preferance.
    A VERY GROSS HAIRY MAN ASS FUCKING PREFERENCE (I'M TALKING TO YOU SETH YOU FILTY WHORE)
    BUT A PREFERENCE NON THE LESS
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that all 31 states must recognize same-sex marriages performed in the capital, though its decision does not force those states to begin marrying gay couples in their territory.

In a 9-2 decision, the tribunal cited an article of the constitution requiring states to recognize legal contracts drawn up elsewhere.

It did not specify what degree of recognition must be granted to same-sex couples.

Mexico City’s same-sex marriage law, enacted in March, extends to wedded gay couples the right to adopt children, to jointly apply for bank loans, to inherit wealth and to be covered by their spouses’ insurance policies. Some of those may end up applying only in the capital.

The Supreme Court ruled last week that same-sex weddings are constitutional — though it is holding separate discussions this week on the adoption clause.

One of the justices, Sergio Aguirre, argued against adoptions by same-sex couples Tuesday, saying children might suffer discrimination as a result.
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I am with Wine. No one has ever sat there and thought "huh I think I am going to be attracted to girls"

One day you just look at a girl and think "hey she is really pretty" or whatever. To say that the act of attraction is a concious effort is a load of shit.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Alec is a lost cause <_>
    imageimage
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    If a dude and a dude want to get married, or if a chick and a chick want to get married,.......then more power to them.
    I have a question.....If , as some of you seem to beleive, a person is geneticly predisposed to be gay then can a person be geneticly predisposed to be mean or nice, polite or rude, happy or sad? Same type of scenario to me. They all seem like choices to me. My brother in law is a gay man. Wasn't always gay though. Was engaged and had a very hot fiance but, according to him, he DECIDED to be gay when he met his current boyfriend. Now when a gay man tells me he DECIDED to be gay what else am I supposed to beleive? It's not that I'm "a lost cause", I just have different information from someone who knows rather than speculates. Even science will tell you that genetic predisposition is speculative at best.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I think genetics do play a part. My dad has a temper, as do I. My mom gets headaches daily, I get at least 3 a week now. I guess you could say some people "decide" to be gay, but in my opinion those people who just up and one day "decide" to go gay aren't really gay. But rather experimenting or what not. Every gay guy and lesbian I know knew their sexual preference when they were younger and most of their loved ones could tell and knew that they were before they got enough courage to say so. Gays get bashed, discriminated, and made fun of everyday. What's fucked up is my two closest gay friends (guys who have been together 11 years) have gotten food thrown at them when they'd just hold hands down the street or show any affection toward each other. Which is why you won't catch them kissing or holding hands at all. I don't know of one person who'd decide that path. Some gay people go on pretending their straight because of how they were brought up or because of they fear what their closest friends and family would think/react to that. Religion plays a big part in this as well. I don't think any person decides their gay out of nowhere, even if they claim that.
    imageimage
    I guess my brother in law is lying then. Who knew?
    He might be, might not be. Him being serious with a girl might have been a cover up and he could have just said he decided to break it off and be with a guy. Or it could have just popped in his head that he was attracted to dudes, and broke it off to go for it. Who knows. But imo the "I just decided" route is bullshit.
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I have a question.....If , as some of you seem to beleive, a person is geneticly predisposed to be gay then can a person be geneticly predisposed to be mean or nice, polite or rude, happy or sad? Same type of scenario to me. They all seem like choices to me. My brother in law is a gay man. Wasn't always gay though. Was engaged and had a very hot fiance but, according to him, he DECIDED to be gay when he met his current boyfriend. Now when a gay man tells me he DECIDED to be gay what else am I supposed to beleive? It's not that I'm "a lost cause", I just have different information from someone who knows rather than speculates. Even science will tell you that genetic predisposition is speculative at best.
    well they can be predisposed to an extent, i think
    just like depression has been found to be genetic
    imageimage
    Well, I think he used the word "decided" for the lack of a better word.

As for the genetics argument, I believe that genes decide everything that makes you, you. We just don't know how it all is put together yet.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    genes do somewhat make you who you are....but your life events and how your raised and taught things from the age of 2-13 is what makes you act the way and be who you are