Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Who would be a good headliner for Mayhem?

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Rage Against the Machine would be amazing
    This is my dream. srsly....
    maybe they can bring Trivium back, but on mainstage?
    I'd be down with that. That's what I wanted for this year. I think they'd be more fun on a side stage though
    agreed.....5fdp as well as kse last year werent as good on the main stage as they were in the past when I saw them on side stages.....
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Rage Against the Machine would be amazing
    This is my dream. srsly....
    I really think you're the only person to even look at that comment because everyone else was wanting Remmstein, etc. RATM for Mayhem 2011!!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    RATM would be cool.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'd like to see this:

Main stage:
    System of a Down
    Megadeth
    Trivium
    Machine Head

ORRRRR

Main stage:
    Rage Against the Machine
    Megadeth
    Rammstein
    Trivium

I would go to either of those. I think SOAD is somewhat possible but I kinda doubt it since serj's new album comes out in September. RATM might be possible though. Megadeth and Rammstein are possible, Machine Head might be, and Trivium I honestly think I'd very likely
    Put RATM on the first main stage you had instead of SOAD and that would be the best
    I would agree but I like SOAD better. If SOAD wouldn't/couldn't do mayhem next year then it would be awesome to have it like this:

Main Stage:
    RATM
    Megadeth
    Trivium
    Machine Head

Personally I'd prefer SOAD instead of RATM but his would be an awesome main stage either way and I could definitely see it happening more or less like this
    I think Exodus would be cool to headline the side stages
    Yeah they need more thrash and death on the side stages
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Cuz thrash and death seem to sell so well, right?
    Think mainstream for headliners. Lyman has already hinted at the fact they will be geared towards a more mainstream mindset.
    So what? I still have hope. Mayhem hasn't really hasnt any thrash bands that I can think of besides machine head and they're kinda groove/thrash apparently
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited August 2010
    I'm fairly sure that if Rammstein played, they'd be headlining and they wouldn't include RATM.
    I love winning with women
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Mayhem hasn't really hasnt any thrash bands that I can think of
    Yeah!

How about we get Slayer next year.

...oh wait...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Cuz thrash and death seem to sell so well, right?
    Think mainstream for headliners. Lyman has already hinted at the fact they will be geared towards a more mainstream mindset.
    Hey, sad but true....
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    if megadave is there, i will make a point to not go
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I'm fine with having mainstream bands on the mainstage. That's a good strategy on Lyman's part. What pisses me off is he's putting all these shitty mainstream bands on the side stages.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Lyman is merely giving the paying public what they've asked for. We on the forums, both nu-fag and this one, are a very small percentage of the crowd at Mayhemfest. People want to be able to tell others who they are going to see and have them know. Most of the general public has not heard of the majority of bands we consider to be popular.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    Lyman is merely giving the paying public what they've asked for. We on the forums, both nu-fag and this one, are a very small percentage of the crowd at Mayhemfest. People want to be able to tell others who they are going to see and have them know. Most of the general public has not heard of the majority of bands we consider to be popular.

FUCK

PEOPLE NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip

FUCK

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner

FUCK