Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vinyl

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    So the wife and I went over to this guy's house. He's doing a deal with some lady, she is buying 1,000 45's from the guy. Literal number. He has a jukebox in the garage. He has 8 crates of albums set up to dig through, variously priced, $10 being the highest priced. First thing I noticed is most of them are in bags (great sign) the second thing everything bagged has the record in the liner, but outside of the sleeve. He does this to prevent wear and tear on the liner plus none of the sleeves have any ring wear. 

We find a record or two here and there, but not much. Meanwhile he keeps going on about other records he has. Mention I'm looking for Sabbath, that's his favorite band....he lists all the rare pressings he has... in the house. Pink Floyd in the house. Thriller (for the wife) in the house. He asks if we are only into rock, mention we are looking for hip hop as well. He starts listening the NWA, Dre, Snoop records he has... but those are in the house and he doesn't like to sell the records in the house. Both because he isn't ready to part with them yet and people don't know what they are worth and they try low ball him etc. When I gave him a pretty good estimate on what a few of them were worth and said I came to buy some records, he eventually invited us inside.

Step through the back door, see a pot sticker on the fridge. Awesome, noted for later. Take another step inside...

Dudes.

This guy has a couple thousand records in near mint condition. Bagged and alphabetically arranged.  Shelves full. Cabinet consoles full. Even a sweet cabinet that flipped down to reveal the records inside. Spotted 3 turntables in the living room. Stereo set up to dream of. His kids give 0 fucks, so he is slowly whittling down the collection. Asked him what was his most prized records were. (Master of Reality misprint where the R on Reality wasn't embossed like the rest of the letters, only 5 known to be identified like that ever he claimed) Which were the coolest looking etc. He's got a fucking sweet hologram Badmotorfinger, rare first editions, on and on it went. I didn't get to dig, I just let him hand me record after record to look at. Talked a bit about his Sabbath collection eventually becoming my collection someday. 

This dude is gonna end up with so much of my money.

Anybody got vinyl grails they are looking for?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Any worth while Maiden's. If you can find a vinyl for the "What Are We Doing This For?" Compilation or for some far fetched ass dream if he has Maiden's Soundhouse Tapes on a Vinyl. Price em and I'll exchange blow jobs. 
    edited July 2018
    Oh I didn't mean I was gonna share. Just so I can hoard them all and say "LOOK WHAT I GOT FUCKERS!"

=))

Maiden is a great one to ask for. Not gonna lie though, I'd be tempted to keep them just for the art.
    I feel ya =)) send me pictures of the good shit tho
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    If he had a copy of the Soundhouse Recordings I would shit my pants
    If he had a copy of the Soundhouse Recordings I would shit my pants

Wasn't familiar with it so I looked it up... ya that would be a lucky find lol. 
    It's what I'm saying. It's a far fetched ass find but I figured just in case I'll mention it. I'd suck you dry for that one lmao
    Electronic Purification Records is having 40 percent off all of their records. RIP my fucking wallet
    Just ordered

Daniel Deluxe - Corrupter
    Nightcrawler - Beware Of The Humans
    Nightstop - Dancing Killer
    Robert Parker - Crystal City Picture Disc
    Street Cleaner - Payback
    VHS Dreams - Trans Am
    Waveshaper/Rober Parker - Modern Technologies Split

40% off baybeee
    A+ on that packaging god damn

Couldn't pass it up for $20 and some change shipped. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    A+ on that packaging god damn
    Must be dealing with rookies. 
    My vinyl collection > your poster collection
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

Thing is a BEAST, sounds great and works great.

Also found that stand at Walmart today to go along with it.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    My vinyl collection > your poster collection
    :!!!!!!!!!
    Getting this list of this vinyl is gonna take longer than getting a sample from a hard drive full of riffs.