Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Vinyl

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The amps in the picture <_>
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    So what is the point of collecting vinyls?
    Well collecting vinyl is pretty pointless, but collecting anything to me is dumb. but the reason to listen to vinyl is that you get to hear music imo as its supposed to be heard, with the crackling real sound instead of this high tech over produced shit thats being put out now. go listen to neil young after the goldrush album on vinyl and then you may understand.
    Is it better quality sound?
    no, actually the opposite, its worse quality sound. but its what music is supposed to sound like, its raw and REAL unlike the songs nowadays that has insane overdubbing and sounds coming from all over. it doesnt work well with metal but to me some albums can only be heard from vinyl in order to achieve all you can from that album. it sounds corny but its true lol.

also, vinyl causes you to actually listen to an album from front to back in song order like albums are supposed to. none of this skipping around for the single you like crap. you begin to see entire concepts and a complete feel to an album that has since been lost in the ipod era. i could go on but ill stop now
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You mean because it forces people to listen to full albums?

...I pretty much only listen to full albums...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    ^yes thats what i meant, albums arent made like that anymore cuz they know people are only gonna take out and buy the singles they like so albums,for the most part, have lost there flow/concept. there are still great albums to this day (ahab for example) that continue this 'philosophy'
    I see that point. I like listening to full albums but I usually just put my iPod on shuffle, choose a band and listen to songs. I don't think it's a ban thing really, at least for me, because I listen to the full album first, get an opinion on it, and understand what it's saying. I don't think its right for people to buy one or two songs off an album because you don't get the feel of the album.

I actually disagree with your point on quality of vinyls. I think they're supposed to be listened to at whatever quality you want. Personally I hate bad quality music so I could never listen to vinyls that have bad quality and be happy
    I usually don't listen unless I can listen to an album in full. I have issues when driving though...I usually just randomly choose what to listen to then...
    Like right now I'm listening to Unloved by Hatebreed off of perseverance. Just a second ago I was listening to Become the Fuse off S/T. I don't see anything wrong with that because vie heard the full albums and see how great they are
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I usually don't listen unless I can listen to an album in full. I have issues when driving though...I usually just randomly choose what to listen to then...
    I listen to full albums when I'm on the computer. At school, I don't think I can give an album the necessary attention to listen in full so I just use shuffle.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    My vinyl collection is mostly classic rock and 80s metal.

I have the slipknot s/t and Portrait of an American Family (marilyn manson) on vinyl though. I'll post pics later.
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    as i said i have abby road on vinyl /thread
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

I actually disagree with your point on quality of vinyls. I think they're supposed to be listened to at whatever quality you want. Personally I hate bad quality music so I could never listen to vinyls that have bad quality and be happy
    Nah i agree with Nola. You are telling me you have never heard an album that was over produced?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

Nah i agree with Nola. You are telling me you have never heard an album that was over produced?
    imageimage

Sound quality and overproduction are completely different.
    True. But the sound that comes from a vinyl is unlike any other <_>
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck vinyl, the best sound comes from the mp3 format.

*trollface*
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Too lazy to go get the actual face?
    imageimage
    True. But the sound that comes from a vinyl is unlike any other <_>
    Why would people want to hear crappy sound quality? I really don't get it. I don't like bad quality music