Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Thought she was done with black guys :-?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    desecrating 40k [-(
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Sometimes I wonder if we are ever going to have another Nirvana or Beatles. Note, I'm not talking about the quality of the music (both are subpar) but I mean a band that takes hold of a generation and has a widespread impact on everything. Sometimes I feel that level of rock stardom just isnt possible anymore, however maybe we are still just waiting for that band to show up. It's interesting that both of those two bands ended in the death of their lead singer.
    Nope. The music industry moves too fast now.

Yeah it's probably never gonna happen. Mostly cause of the Internet. It's too easy to find something exactly tailored to your tastes. It doesn't matter if they have 50,000 fans or 0 like erik. You can find it out there.
    Yep. I agree with both of you... and that's sad. :'(
    Not to mention nobody buys music anymore. Not one record went platinum last year. We wont even have a new Pantera, let alone a Beatles/Metallica size band. 
    that's not true. Taylor swifts static album went platinum. ANd then when she actually released it, shit made all kinds of records.
    Lol at Beatles/nirvana being subpar
    usually wake and wine battle for the most outlandish redic claims but wake def wins this round
    Subpar From a technical standpoint; as in their hooks were simple, the formula used is easy to recreate, and neither did anything that was so ground breaking that it deserved capturing a generation like they did..... But they did. They had this IT factor or something. Magic in the air and they just somehow spoke to a generation...

Like take a look at Zepplin and tell me they don't out class the Beatles in every imaginable way. But they never rose as high as the Beatles or Nirvana. Zepplin is probably the worst example I could use because they were probably one of the closest rock bands to raise to that level, but they were still a league below Nirvana and The Beatles IMHO.
    Wine said:
    Sometimes I wonder if we are ever going to have another Nirvana or Beatles. Note, I'm not talking about the quality of the music (both are subpar) but I mean a band that takes hold of a generation and has a widespread impact on everything. Sometimes I feel that level of rock stardom just isnt possible anymore, however maybe we are still just waiting for that band to show up. It's interesting that both of those two bands ended in the death of their lead singer.

I think so.  I think it's just hard to admit how rare those bands are.  How many others have there been?  The amount of music people buy isn't what matters, because we're talking about influence, not money.  People can still be influenced in massive ways, and I'd argue it's even easier because music is so much more accessible now for everyone.
    I hope so. I agree they are super rare because it's more then just the music, but also being right time and right place.
    P.s. the Beatles broke up before John Lennon was shot.
    But Lennon and the Beatles were still hugely popular when it happened. I'd say he died probably close to the peak of his popularity.
    Boomhauer said:
    Rob a bank
    Alright, stop! Now before you walk in the door of this liquor store and try to get money out the drawer, you better think of the consequence...

That's nonsense! Go in and gaffle the money and run to one of your aunt's cribs And borrow a damn dress, and one of her blonde wigs. Tell her you need a place to stay, you'll be safe for days if you shave your legs with Renee's razor blade

Yeah but if it all goes through like it's supposed to, the whole neighborhood knows you and they'll expose you. Think about it before you walk in the door first. Look at the store clerk, she's older than George Burns

Fuck that! Do that shit! Shoot that bitch! Can you afford to blow this shit? Are you that rich?
    Why you give a fuck if she dies? Are you that bitch? Do you really think she gives a fuck if you have kids?

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    zepplin also ripped a lot of people off. 
    zepplin also ripped a lot of people off. 
    Zeppelin has had the rift to black dog ripped off countless times. They have to be one of the all time biggest imitated by other musicians bands ever

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    P.s. the Beatles broke up before John Lennon was shot.
    But Lennon and the Beatles were still hugely popular when it happened. I'd say he died probably close to the peak of his popularity.
    Lol

i don't even have the time today to counter your statements .. Too much wrong not enough time
    Imagine came out in the 70's and he was shot sometime in the last 70's, maybe very early 80's. Pretty close dude. And the Beatles hadn't really decreased in popularity even though they broke up. Lennon died close to the peak of his popularity. It's not liek when the beatles broke up people stopped listening to them. They were basically a cult band and still are.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Imagine came out in 1970.. He died in 80. At his death he was immensely popular bit no where near as popular than he was in 1964 "I'm bigger than Jesus" age lol obv people still cared and knew who he was but the Beatles were the biggest thing on the globe in 1965, it doesn't really get more popular than that , even Elvis..
    I just realized Slaps pic is the fucking cow who lost his head to the train =))
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Watching guardians for the first time \m/