Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,715 spicy boy
    Sometimes I wonder if we are ever going to have another Nirvana or Beatles. Note, I'm not talking about the quality of the music (both are subpar) but I mean a band that takes hold of a generation and has a widespread impact on everything. Sometimes I feel that level of rock stardom just isnt possible anymore, however maybe we are still just waiting for that band to show up. It's interesting that both of those two bands ended in the death of their lead singer.
    Nope. The music industry moves too fast now.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited January 2015
    Not to mention nobody buys music anymore. Not one record went platinum last year. We wont even have a new Pantera, let alone a Beatles/Metallica size band. 
    edited January 2015
    So due to work schedules and procrastination, that doom song I was supposed to have finished for a tracking session tomorrow didnt happen. So instead we're doing the exact opposite and going grind. 

Edit: showed up. Back to doom. Jesus we're unorganized 
    Finished at like 6 mins length
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Not trv grind
    We switched back to doom brah. Read the edit
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Not trve doom then [-(
    Killing myself
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Did you record an intro and that's it?
    I havent recorded anything yet. 

My session is tomorrow and we had nothing done, so we got it together real quick
    all of a sudden, like just now, all video and audio playback lags and skips on my computer. one of the players I was watching crashed briefly, I refreshed my browser and now all media is skipping, and gets out of sync. 

I can't use Songsterr or watch anything without it doing this. 

Any suggestions on a fix?
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    edited January 2015
    Not to mention nobody buys music anymore. Not one record went platinum last year. We wont even have a new Pantera, let alone a Beatles/Metallica size band. 
    I agree that the majority of people don't buy music anymore but you can't say no one does. Vinyl is making a huge comeback in the last couple years. I disagree with the statement that CD sales directly affect or reflect band popularity. It's shows and the actual personality of the artists. Artists don't do shit anymore. "Don't mosh" "Sit down" "Get off the stage". People used to be cool, bands would do random shows on the beach and do cookouts and shit. That doesn't happen anymore. Music has become industrialized, the community lost.
    I agree that the majority of people don't buy music anymore but you can't say no one does. Vinyl is making a huge comeback in the last couple years. I disagree with the statement that CD sales directly affect or reflect band popularity. It's shows and the actual personality of the artists. Artists don't do shit anymore. "Don't mosh" "Sit down" "Get off the stage". People used to be cool, bands would do random shows on the beach and do cookouts and shit. That doesn't happen anymore. Music has become industrialized, the community lost.
    I didn't mean literally nobody lol. I mean I buy all my music. I just mean in general a lot of people aren't buying
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Jack + hand =

[ ] not rkd

[ x] bout to be rkd 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Not trolling or anything, but I thought I read something about Taylor Swift's new(ish?) album going plat. Ed? 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Reading my friends bros Facebook statuses is like jumping back to my high school days, every time I read his posts it's just reminds me of something I would have posted and thought made me sound cool 5/6 years ago 
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    If you put light under my tool poster it looks sick. 
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Sometimes I wonder if we are ever going to have another Nirvana or Beatles. Note, I'm not talking about the quality of the music (both are subpar) but I mean a band that takes hold of a generation and has a widespread impact on everything. Sometimes I feel that level of rock stardom just isnt possible anymore, however maybe we are still just waiting for that band to show up. It's interesting that both of those two bands ended in the death of their lead singer.

I think so.  I think it's just hard to admit how rare those bands are.  How many others have there been?  The amount of music people buy isn't what matters, because we're talking about influence, not money.  People can still be influenced in massive ways, and I'd argue it's even easier because music is so much more accessible now for everyone.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Lol at Beatles/nirvana being subpar
    usually wake and wine battle for the most outlandish redic claims but wake def wins this round