Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    pretty pissed... I got super excited for this mini-fest that a bunch of desert rock/stoner metal bands are doing out in the joshua tree natl park area. thought tix for both days were $57 in all. the one I really wanted to do was the prefest, because its out in the middle of nowhere, powered by a generator, featuring some awesome bands and tons of weed.

NOPE. the main event is $55... THE PRE-FEST FEATURING THREE BANDS IS FUCKING $240. JUST TO GO OUT INTO THE DESERT TO HEAR MUSIC AND SMOKE SOME WEED UNDISTURBED.

no fucking chance Im shelling out that kind of money for that. pissed af.
    I love winning with women
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    no dude thats u... it was a simple q 
    It was a gay question. Why the fuck would you ask another man that
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    OPP said:
    pretty pissed... I got super excited for this mini-fest that a bunch of desert rock/stoner metal bands are doing out in the joshua tree natl park area. thought tix for both days were $57 in all. the one I really wanted to do was the prefest, because its out in the middle of nowhere, powered by a generator, featuring some awesome bands and tons of weed.

NOPE. the main event is $55... THE PRE-FEST FEATURING THREE BANDS IS FUCKING $240. JUST TO GO OUT INTO THE DESERT TO HEAR MUSIC AND SMOKE SOME WEED UNDISTURBED.

no fucking chance Im shelling out that kind of money for that. pissed af.
    i don't think anybody in their right mind would pay that much for a pre-fest show. especially if it's all underground bands. that's fucking insane
    yeah, im legitimately floored theyre asking that. I know it takes money to do a DIY show, but thats totally inexcusable. I kind of think theyre just trying to reel people in with the whole throwback thing (cuz bands like kyuss did this in the 90s.) but when that was going on, the shows were either free or like ten bucks probably.

they said space for the prefest is "extremely limited," so I bet that theyll sell like fifty tix tops and unfortunately I dont doubt that the rich socal kids will eat em up, but its still absolutely fucking stupid and honestly makes me lose a bit of respect for the organizers.

honestly hope someone like josh homme gets word of this and slams the fuck out of the fest organizers for gouging prices like that based on shit that he and a few others basically popularized. unfortunately that probably wont happen because I bet theyre all close friends.
    All hail the riff lords ^:)^
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Laney Amplification is streaming the show on FB right now. That bass solo ^:)^
    inb4lists
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The desert fest is as much as I paid for a 3 day pass to boston calling. Shit mayun
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Xenocide said:
    WTF?  You can camp at nearly any time.  GNR is a seldom appearance.
    Yeah but then you have to actually watch GNR

Two different friends went along to GNR last night. They both paid over $600 for VIP pit tickets. They both got right up the front and could move around easily and get close to the rail with no effort. It was apparently an awesome show . But that's serious coin for tickets 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I call that tool money.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Bandcamp apparently implemented streaming limits
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    They've had limits for a long time now
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Yeah there's def been limits on mobile 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    First time I ever got hit with a warning
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Xenocide said:
    The desert fest is as much as I paid for a 3 day pass to boston calling. Shit mayun
    I already booked a camping spot so I may very well go to the main thing on the 8th, even though I cant stand the shrine. I could just use the day before to go biking around the ol wild west and chain smoke joints lol.
    Went to the strip club last night and spent way too much money
    >"full nude dance" 
    >panties still on