Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    "Birthday weekends" are for 14 year old girls and adult women who are psychology stuck at 14 years old because that's the age they were molested. That's really about it. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Old bald niggas don't even celebrate their birth DAY anymore so it's okay I understand your salt. 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Last semester starts tomorrow. I just want it to be December already 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    slap said:
    i've had to do a dumb, useless project for my degree and I'm trying to ask my professor why I"m doing it and trying to get him to let me do my own thing for a senior project but he's bent on making me do dumb stuff because apparently college is just a bunch of requirements you meet to get a piece of paper. fucking hate this shit. 
    what degree are you working for again?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Music technology but really it's a BA in music with an emphasis in technology whatever that means. I only did it because I wanted to record but apparently the degree really entails working with real time processing and live interaction between music and tech which I honestly couldn't give a fuck about anymore I just wanna record the sounds I make when I plug a guitar into an amp. I didn't even learn than in my TWO SEMESTERS of recording class. 
    slap said:
    Music technology but really it's a BA in music with an emphasis in technology whatever that means. I only did it because I wanted to record but apparently the degree really entails working with real time processing and live interaction between music and tech which I honestly couldn't give a fuck about anymore I just wanna record the sounds I make when I plug a guitar into an amp. I didn't even learn than in my TWO SEMESTERS of recording class. 
    Ahh yea. I feel that. There is a big difference between "audio engineer" and "producer" in the academic world, and that gap really isnt there as prominently in the real world.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Agree/lol/awesome
    slap said:
    Yeah going to school to learn creative skills is a fucking sham I  could've just gotten a job and started teaching myself these things. Fuck life

im gonna meet the requirements for this dumb fucking project but I'm gonna make it sound like the body and stalaggh fuck this shit
    Yes and no. School did help me understand recording and Protools. I understand it better than some of the producers who own studios where I work doing it (or at least trying to do it) professionally lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I honestly loved my music history/theory and business management classes a ton. I remember walkig to my theory and history classes in the early mornings listening to deafheavens roads to judah, actually completely stoked for class. but my biggest gripe was that only 1.5 of those music classes were hands on creation.
    I love winning with women
    none of my music class teachers were dicks either which was nice. but one of the hands on class professors pretty much didnt even look at my final epk project and just gave me an a whih kidna pissedme off. like an a is an a but I just spent the past ten weeks on that shit and im supposed to believe you reviewed it in a minute and a half? fuck outta here.
    My music theory classes and history classes were fine for the most part. I'm just bummed the music tech classes didn't give me almost anything i wanted 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I only took one film class in college before I realized it was bullshit. I knew more than my professor did and showed him up by accident in class once because he couldn't explain what a wipe was (they use them to change scenes a lot in the original Star Wars), so he kinda became a dick to me. I started making shit on my own and said fuck school. Creative arts come down to talent and dedication. I know people with tons of schooling in everything from music to animation that are working bullshit desk jobs now because their schooling couldn't give them talent
    I dont regret going to school.
    I don't regret going to school either but I kind of regret going to school for music. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Yeah. I'm not saying you should regret school. You obviously got out of it what you were looking for. I just don't think schooling is the be-all, end-all when it comes to creative outlets. The most successful people I know that work in music or video are all mostly self-taught. They're just about their craft 
    slap said:
    I don't regret going to school either but I kind of regret going to school for music. 
    Yea... at least I have a business degree so if music doesnt work out, at least I can fall back into normal business. But I still think I benefited from the music/recording classes I took as well. 

Still having trouble working in recording. But thats another story 
    edited August 2016
    slap said:
    Im actually sort of the opposite. I KIND OF regret going to school but Im not mad I did, just upset that I didnt go into music production.