Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    doubt id be able to do that. my internship withdrew their job offer to me (music equipment) because I didnt know the difference between fifty fucking cables. I regret not diving into learning all about music equipment. I only know slightly beyond the basics. you gotta know everything to do that afaik.
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Just get a job at a venue for a couple of months and you'll learn everything oh need to know. Most roadies have IQs barely above Gump level
    theyve got the patience for that? ive always been under the impression they dont want to take the time to teach you anything, that youre expected to know all the a/v stuff before even applying. maybe im wrong.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    TRUMP said:
    theyve got the patience for that? ive always been under the impression they dont want to take the time to teach you anything, that youre expected to know all the a/v stuff before even applying. maybe im wrong.
    Depends who you work for. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited August 2016
    When people dont know the difference between gain and volume, so they crank the gain trying to get louder and just produce feedback. 
    ok I know THAT...lol
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    slap said:
    I don't regret going to school either but I kind of regret going to school for music. 
    Yea... at least I have a business degree so if music doesnt work out, at least I can fall back into normal business. But I still think I benefited from the music/recording classes I took as well. 

Still having trouble working in recording. But thats another story 
    yea i have a business minor too but I don't feel like I learned much. I have a friend in tech who keeps preaching tech and tells me it's not hard to get in. I think I"m gonna take some free coding classes, practice, and try and work myself into that world. I do live in the bay area after all. So once I"m done with school I'm gonna move home, get a job, live life, and work towards that goal. 
    slap said:
    slap said:
    I don't regret going to school either but I kind of regret going to school for music. 
    Yea... at least I have a business degree so if music doesnt work out, at least I can fall back into normal business. But I still think I benefited from the music/recording classes I took as well. 

Still having trouble working in recording. But thats another story 
    yea i have a business minor too but I don't feel like I learned much. I have a friend in tech who keeps preaching tech and tells me it's not hard to get in. I think I"m gonna take some free coding classes, practice, and try and work myself into that world. I do live in the bay area after all. So once I"m done with school I'm gonna move home, get a job, live life, and work towards that goal. 
    Apply it to music. Work towards making plug ins, or solid state amps, that way its also something you're interested in
    I"m not sure I know the first thing about that haha. but that's not a bad idea. Mesa/Boogie is based out 30 minutes from my hometown
    mc and slap, out of curiosity,  do you guys have any tunes youve made that you never really finished or went back to? like just ideas you jammed out but didnt revisit. ive got a flash drive of some somewhere in my room or car. id be down to bounce ideas off of each other in a sort of really casual e-collab thing from time to time. I ask because all I really do in my spare time is play guitar and some drums fucking around.

either of you use google drive?
    I have plenty of riffs/chord progressions/unfinished songs lying around, but none of them recorded. I just have voice memos on my phone for the most part. I need to buy a damn interface already. I just don't have the room for any more gear in my apartment. fuehfpaughpraeu
    yeah now I have a few things on a handheld audio recorder and some stuff in my memo pad on my phone but not much music related on my laptop itself. sometimes I get so desperate that I take my socks off and hold down the facebook messenger audio record button with my big toe while I play a riff =)) fuckin poverty.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    TRUMP said:
    I went to LA to see my friend Josh a few years back. He was doing light design for a Killers show. He brought me along just to get me in the door for the show because the 70s Show kids were gonna be there. I helped him out all day to kinda sell myself as "supposed to be here". I'd never done any of it before, but I fit right in and nobody knew the difference. It's not rocket science. I'm only medium smart, but I picked everything up on the fly. Most of the time in life, just acting like you know what you're doing goes a long way
    that gives me decent hope. I was always under the impression the whole business is just everyone trying to stand on the next persons shoulders trying to get ahead with no care for the rest.
    I have a few songs/riffs written I havent used. They're cheese riff thrash kinda stuff though lol. Nothing recorded. 

But Id be down for an e-collab. 
    I use Google Drive. Email apokoj0@gmail.com
    sweet. sorry in advance if most of my stuff sounds like yob, kyuss, and zeppelin rip offs 
    Its ok. Most of my shit is Amon Amarth, Dethklok rip off. 

But Im down to play whatever.
    We can call ourselves F.A.P.

Figueroa. Aguiar. Pokoj.