Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    MetalCrusades said:
     Hopping off 
    =))
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Imagine how different Joffrey could have been if he B'd his L all over some T's once in a fucking while.
    image Photobucket
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    WAIT TILL YOU EXPERIENCE BLUE BALLS MC!
    THEN YOU'LL HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Rip Ronnie Corbett 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    As it gets closer I'm getting saltier about the fact that I'll be missing LOG/Clutch/COC. It's the same day as ADTR/Parkway Drive that victoria got us tickets to it since I like parkway but I fucking hate everything I'm listening to from ADTR. She really wants me to go with her and I don't want to be a dick, plus it's a free concert ticket. And LOG is apparently $50 so fuck dat noise.

Parkway damn well better play The River or Sleepwalker since they didn't on their headliner in November
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    RIFF_LORD said:
    Show we're playing got moved to a bar that's strict about 21+ and our singer is 18. Fucking America you dumb piece of shit nation.
      So Lame. Usually if the majority of the members are 21+ they would let it slide. Like they're gonna have their eye on you the majority of the time, why don't they just make sure your vocalist doesn't drin? Fucking idiots.  
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Yeah why not gamble with their liquor license and their livelihood on the pinky promise that a teenage musician won't consume any alcohol at their venue. What's the worst that could happen?

As much as it sucks, it's not hard to see their side of it.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Idk this kinda made me irate but it did. 

So so at work we have this counter where we will leave coupons, that come in the mail, for anyone to take. Well today there was one there for a pretty good restaurant in the area. It was for a bit anything on the menu get the second menu item of equal or lesser value free. So I'm like good dea maybe I'll use it. Then I get to reading and it says a 18% gratuity  will be added to your tab before the discount is added. 

Now dont get get me wrong here, I almost always tip pretty decent. Usually at least 20%. ( that's on a bigger bill, if it's like 12 bucks I'll usually leave close to 50%) if the service is super shitty yeah they are getting docked. Anyways though, to me tipping is kind of out dated. I feel like the company should just pay their employees what they deserve. But I refuse to go to a place where the tip is decided for you. Fuck that. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Tipping in the US makes sense though.  All of the items are cheaper (compared to like, Europe) and then shitty servers make less money while good ones make more.  If they just paid everyone the same, there'd be no incentive to be good at your job.  In a lot of other countries, service is total shit and here, at least you get attentive service.

Deciding for your customers though that they're going to pay 18% like that though is real scummy, though.  It's basically removing that incentive, but making the customers pay for it.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Yeah im not against tipping or anything. You made a good point. This isn't the first place that iv seen doing the automatic gratuity thing though, and that irks me. Hopefully it doesn't become the norm.

I definitely wouldn't want to get rid of the whole tipping the bartender thing. How else would i get strong drinks?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The whole tipping your barista bullshit needs to stop doe. I dont know why that even became a thing. They make 9+ bucks an hour unlike servers who make 4 bucks or less. 
    Champ said:
    Yeah im not against tipping or anything. You made a good point. This isn't the first place that iv seen doing the automatic gratuity thing though, and that irks me. Hopefully it doesn't become the norm.

I definitely wouldn't want to get rid of the whole tipping the bartender thing. How else would i get strong drinks?
    I'm like you and tip more than 18% a lot, but that's the kinda thing that would make me stop going to a place.  Fuck it.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    IMO the idea that better service gets better tips is one of those things that only works in theory. The geography of the restaurant generally makes more of a difference. I say this because I've dated and lived with a lot of waiters/waitresses and there's nothing more discouraging to any of them than getting a table with 20 black people. I had one roommate that was a waiter at a sports bar in a white area that made great money. He's actually head of concessions at Lambeau Field now. Anyways, he ended up being able to support a family on his tips. At one point, his wife only worked part time and watched their 3 kids. Then I had a girlfriend that worked at CPK in a trendy area frequented by lots of rappers. She was coming home with pictures of her with people like Jay Z and Nelly, but she could barely make rent. Both were equal in terms of work ethic and personality. On the surface, you would think the latter would make more money because there was more money coming through her restaurant, but it's more the culture of people that frequent the establishment that makes or breaks the bank 
    SATAN said:
    IMO the idea that better service gets better tips is one of those things that only works in theory. The geography of the restaurant generally makes more of a difference. I say this because I've dated and lived with a lot of waiters/waitresses and there's nothing more discouraging to any of them than getting a table with 20 black people. I had one roommate that was a waiter at a sports bar in a white area that made great money. He's actually head of concessions at Lambeau Field now. Anyways, he ended up being able to support a family on his tips. At one point, his wife only worked part time and watched their 3 kids. Then I had a girlfriend that worked at CPK in a trendy area frequented by lots of rappers. She was coming home with pictures of her with people like Jay Z and Nelly, but she could barely make rent. Both were equal in terms of work ethic and personality. On the surface, you would think the latter would make more money because there was more money coming through her restaurant, but it's more the culture of people that frequent the establishment that makes or breaks the bank 
    Well, yeah, being a good server isn't all it takes to get good tips.  It's a lot of factors. I'm just pretty sure that compared to our alternative, it's certainly the best way to ensure good service.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Mother nature is on her period. Sky will be gray and it will fucking snowstorm and then ten minutes later bright blue and sunny. This has been going on and off all day so far. What the actual fuck. Windy and snowy to warm and sunny all fucking day. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    So bored and lonely right now. Hoping my friends will be down to game in a bit. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?