Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Champ said:
    Fuck if it wasn't for you I wouldn't even hear about 98% of these dumb fucking issues

mc is teenage girl confirmed 
    The AV Club, Consequence of Sound, Rolling Stone and various friends have all been posting about it for the last two days. I have friends going to "Free Kesha" rallies. 

My life is consumed with and by entertainment media. I can't escape these issues.

Turn off the computer. Boom, there ya go.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    not really. At this point for people our age things like social media and the internet are kind of necessary to have an idea of what's going on the in the real world and to communicate with people. I use Facebook or Twitter to communicate to like half the people I know. plus since most of the people we know are young, these kind of issues are going to be what shows up in our feeds. It'd be like trying to get older folks to separate themselves from a TV for news or even a newspaper. Anybody who plans to be a functioning member of society can't. 
    When you need to communicate with people, you have other options as well, especially for someone like MC who constantly gets overwhelmed with negative shit online. Most people don't really need to be in constant contact with hundreds of people to run their day to day lives. It can be a little difficult at first, but it's really not that hard to ween yourself at least partially off of the digital teat.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Difficulty in the editing bay tonight trying to come up with some new remixes. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    You can't believe 70% of what people post anyways. I've seen some boring drunk club nights look like some Studio 54/Plato's Retreat type shit when they hit Facebook. People change online. They create themselves into a caricature of themselves. Lots of shit is done just to court attention. Most of the people I know that are all hoorah and gay about the military and police are little bookworm, dickless twerps that talk shit behind their interface. You will almost never in real life come across a person trying to troll strangers about their political beliefs, but it happens like every second online. That's prolly my biggest comfort in life right now is that so many people are just popping off because they're bored and full of shit, not because they actually believe the shit they regurgitate online
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    glad to see Arlo is still a white knight
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Mine's mostly people bitching and complaining, self inflicted drama, posts about Trump, Bernie & Hillary, gun nuts, mud trucks, pet pics, baby pics, food pics, selfies, old memes and now and then some music updates. Once I know how you feel about immigration, I'm good for a week or two. Sometimes months. Anybody who needs to get in touch with me already has my number. Everybody else I only deal with when I feel like it.

It's like skipping this place for a few days, those 14 new comments in the Tool thread  and the rest of the shit will still be waiting for you when you come back.
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    People our age totally overstate the benefits of social media and forget that spending 15 hrs a week in front of your computer paying attention to your friends just isn't worth the time.  It's easier when you also think that the benefits basically are only what Jobe just listed.

Sometime, somewhere people just decided "I'll like your stuff if you'll like my stuff" and decided that's easier than actually trying to get things people appreciate.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    If Facebook is your main source of communication with your friends, you're a shitty friend. 
    I have a small group of loyal friends that I talk to. That's really it. I trashed my Facebook because all it really does is distance people but make them think they're close. It has you putting the least amount of effort into communicating and that's seen as enough. Plus it can be fake as Fuck. I had people adding me and commenting and liking my shit that never said one word to me irl. Fuck that noise. 
    I mainly use it as an information source and as a means of communicating with others in different states. 
    I mainly use it as an information source 

:|
    Dime said:
    I have a small group of loyal friends that I talk to. That's really it. I trashed my Facebook because all it really does is distance people but make them think they're close. It has you putting the least amount of effort into communicating and that's seen as enough. Plus it can be fake as Fuck. I had people adding me and commenting and liking my shit that never said one word to me irl. Fuck that noise. 
    i still use it for information that i find to be valuable or interesting. I refuse to wish my friends happy birthday on there though. Just doesn't feel right to me. Its just such a lazy way of trying to show appreciation to someone.  
    edited February 2016
    Champ said:
    I mainly use it as an information source 

like a bunch of video game, music, comic, news, and political, etc magazines, sites, pages, Youtubes, and blogs and get all of your information in one place. I don't have to travel to a bunch of different sites, just one that links me to everything I want to know. 
    Yeah Birthdays have always been something where I'm going to come see you or if I can't make it that specific day at least call. Fuck doing it or Facebook. Truthfully, I find Twitter a better information source. You can literally just filter in what you want to see .No more, no less. Simpler, easier, its all in one place and no annoying fucking games like fb. MC, I'd recommend that over fb if you're using fb specifically for info on bands/games/anime etc. A lot less time consuming as well. 
    Twitter is a shit hole, and is going to be joining Myspace soon. 
    I have a Twitter too. I just don't like its format/layout, the company, their policies, the company's bias, and the userbase. 

facebook basically copied their format 
    The format is fine. And good. I would love it if Facebook, Twitter, etc. got trashed (not that I think it will). I miss the days of people interacting. Or playing outside. Or using imagination. Nothing gets me angrier than seeing a group of people hanging out and they all have head phones in or everyone is on their phones. Lamest thing ever
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    I have a Twitter too. I just don't like its format/layout, the company, their policies, the company's bias, and the userbase. 
    What's wrong with Twitter as a company?