Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Best Venues - and the worst...

13»

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Arf arf arf!
    I love winning with women
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    biancaas right i have been to starland i would put starland right after hammerstien
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Chuck, I went to the Majestic for BTBAM/Cynic/DTP....it's interesting. I didn't hate it though. Haven't been to the Magic Stick yet.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited June 2010
    Ohhh Yeah I didn't know how to describe it...it's just different. Random risers in the back. It was nearly empty when I went.
    image Photobucket
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    Des Moines Venues

The Peoples Court
    Vaudeville Mews
    The House of Bricks
    Val Air Ballroom
    edited June 2010
    Also Magic Stick doubles as a bowling alley downstairs with an awesom pizza place. I think that seals the deal for Detroit. Bowling alley is free for bands after they play, so you can sometimes meet bands down there. Last time I was there I saw Cattle Decap playing on my way out.

And Jake, I'm guessing you'll experience it when Cynic plays there?
    image Photobucket
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Favorite Dallas/Ft. Worth area venues:

Ridglea Theater - An historic old movie theater that is by far the best venue in the area but will be closing next year :(

Palladium Ballroom - Biggest club venue where all the major non-area tours go. Great place for big concerts.

House Of Blues - Best acoustics of any venue around.

The Door - Small club that somehow hosts some pretty big shows on occasion. Pretty awesome place to get right up close to the bands.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My favorites are the HOB, Congress Theater, The Metro, and the Subterranean

Reggie's gets tons of awesome bands but I'm not a fan of the venue. Especially since now basically every show after what was announced at a certain point will be 18+. Fuck that.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ZW9WBDi28
    this is the loft by me i forgot about this place cause its in the same building as the chance
  • that Dethklok show was my last show with long hair...

goddamnit i made it worth my time! haha
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Okay...I'm from the Philly/Camden/Atlantic City area.

1. Trocadero: I have a special kind of love for the Troc. I saw my first metal show at the Troc and I've had many injuries. It's a small venue, maybe holding 1200...wooden floor.The best shows I've ever seen have always been at the Troc: Machine Head, Iced Earth, Cradle of Filth, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir, Soilwork, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold....and many more. Been back stage many times for interviews.

2. Electric Factory: The biggest of the small venues, holding maybe 1800-2000. A sold out concert at the Factory can become dangerous. Seen Lamb of God, In Flames, Children of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, Dope, Shinedown, Mudvayne.

3. TLA: The smallest of the three beloved venues...holding maybe 800. Located on South Street, its always a great place to hang out. Best shows there: Bullet for My Valentine (sold out), Cavalera Conspiracy, and Gojira.

4. House of Blues Atlantic City: Virtually, the same as the Electric Factory but flipped sideways. Out of all the venues, it is the drunkest and most belligerent, and not in a good way. Great shows there: Mudvayne, Hellyeah, Machine Head, Shinedown.

5. Susquehanna Bank Center: Nicknamed the "Shit Center" or some people still call it the "Fuck You" Center from it's previous name the "F.U. (First Union) Center", it is the local amphitheater located on the bank of the Delaware River in Camden, looking at the skyline of Philly. Things get crazy on the lawn. :) All the great big tours go there. Great shows there: Mayhemfest, Ozzfest, WMMRBQ, Santana.

6. Worst Venue: The Forum in Harrisburg, PA. This venue is fucking terrible. We drove out to Harrisburg to see a Shinedown show and we were cramped into seats that were so small and squished together it must have been designed with midgets in mind. Terrible sound quality. Only good thing, the ceiling was cool looking.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html