Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** FIFA World Cup 2022

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    If this had happened to any other team this ref would be nowhere to be found. Other nations this is serious business and have killed for less
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    Kaita receives death threats
    by Colin Udoh 19/06/2010 23:25

Midfielder Sani Kaita has confirmed that he received death threats following Nigeria's 2-1 defeat by Greece in a World Cup Group B game last Thursday.

The Super Eagles were leading 1-0 when Kaita petulantly kicked out at Greek defender Vasileios Torosidis on the touchline, earning himself a straight red.

Nigeria cracked after that, giving up their lead and then conceding a second goal to lose the game, and leave their World Cup hopes hanging by a thread.

Kaita's Facebook fan page was immediately inundated with tens of hate messages, including some that called for him to be killed, or to commit suicide.

Kaita admitted that he had also received some messages via email.

''Yes, I have received some threats to my life,'' he told the German media.

''They were sent to my email but I'm not disturbed about that because as a Muslim, only God decides who lives and who dies.

''Everything on this earth is in God's hands, whether it is your life or whatever and unless God allows it, no one has the power to kill me.

''Only God knows what will happen tomorrow. He holds our destiny. That is what my religion teaches me.''

Kaita admitted to having sleepless nights after his dismissal against Greece.

''I cannot stop apologising to all Nigerians for making this costly mistake,'' said the 24-year-old.

''I couldn't sleep thinking about what my action has cost my country, but I hope we will win our next game (against South Korea) and qualify for the next round, where I hope to redeem my image with a good performance.

''I promise to put my life down on the pitch to ensure we go very far in this competition.

''And I promise that what happened will never happen again.''
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ''They were sent to my email but I'm not disturbed about that because as a Muslim, only God decides who lives and who dies."

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the Greeks have been doing the God thing for a while too.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited June 2010
    SHOULD be a great game tomorrow between Brazil and Ivory Coast.

Lets hope they dont dissapoint like they did last time
    "SHOULD be a great game tomorrow between Brazil and Ivory Coast"

I'll be popping popcorn and everything. If Brazil play as poorly as last time, IC totally has a chance.
    JAPAN WAS THE MOST BORING GAME EVAR!
    Did you watch?

That should have been an amazing game, but no.
    i did
    they were just waiting for an opportunity, they didnt play at all
    I'm sorry...

If Brazil and Ivory Coast is boring tomorrow I'm done till the quarter finals...there have only been one or two games where I'm actually excited during...
    all the "big" teams have been sucking this tournament... there still have been many great games.

you cant count of the supposed favorites to provide all the great games in the group stage
    Mexico's game, right????
    Mexico's game was okay.

I would like to see England get out of the group stages with the USA, but I don't see it happening. I like the way Argentina is playing though
    Mexico vs South Africa was crap

vs France was awesome.

Except they fucking NEED Guardado on the field... im glad Vela/Suarez are missing the next game. Guardado SHOULD start. And they´ll tear Uruguay a new one
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Argentina´s defenes is going to buy them a ticket back home.

I guess thats what you get with Maradona as coach... he has like 30 fowards in the field/bench
    I hated torrado in game #1
    When's the Mexico/Uraguay game?
    Torrado looked like shit in 2nd game too.... in one little sprint he did in the 2nd half you saw his fucking age. (and the reason why he shouldn´t be a starter)

one of france´s player got the ball at around the center circle... and he dribbled the ball towards goal (and eventually passed it back to a player behind him) but torrado was HAULING ASS to try to catch him... and he was just going nowhere.

and he looked exhausted after the sprint.

next game is Tuesday at 7 am.
    Mexico is going into that game with only one thing in mind too..... a win.

Im assuming Uruguay is too... but one of their players has already said he´d be down for a tie
    5 am in the west coast