Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I probably have the lowest concert output of anyone on this forum the last 15 years and I've still seen Slayer a dozen times. I'm good 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I’d love to see Slayer again but I have no desire to be at festivals anymore. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    If the LOG/Mastodon show is on the day with Slayer on it, I’ll go. I really don’t wanna deal with the city and being at a fest I barely care about all day tho 
    Mark Morton looks like he ate a whole other person these days. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Id go to a festival if the camping was goated. 

But overall in my senior years id rather just go to a stadium show and not be there all day. 

Though i do still enjoy people watching. Knotfest made me really never want to have to cut in a line again though. that festival was such a mess for how much fun it was lol. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I dun seen Slayer 6 or 7 times including a club show towards the end at the Worcester Palladium. I wouldn't mind seeing them again but not going out of my way to, which doesn't seem likely with them sticking to big destination shows
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Fuck k need to go to a festival 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I haven't been to a festival in years
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    LTL lineup was such a disappointment compared to the other DWP fests. I’ve switched my schedule around to go to sonic temple, will probably still go to LTL for slayer, till, Lorna shore day 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I saw Slayer 4 times in their “final” tour. They’re my favorite band and everything, but the support groups tried harder. Tom Araya would bail for entire verses sometimes. Unless it’s more convenient or an awesome touring package, I’m probably good on Slayer. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    2/22 - Save Ferris/The Aquadolls

2/23 - Vader/Origin/Inhuman Condition/Embryonic Devourment

2/24 - Otoboke Beaver/Drinking Boys and Girls Choir
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    As far as festivals I love them. While their own tours are better for longer sets and such when I got to fests the crowds are usually a lot more hype. 

Like if you go see Metallica on any of their own shows everyone just stands there there is no movement and it’s honestly boring to me. At a festival with Metallica playing the crowd surge is insane you’re getting shifted 20-30 feet at a time riding a wave of people there’s random pits that break out it’s just better. I find it harder to stand in one place the whole time then get pushed around 

This goes for most of the bands too unless it’s a smaller niche band that most people at the fests don’t know. 

Also if I ain’t getting spin kicked in the face or elbowed in the throat I ain’t want it lol. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I need to just get on the carnival. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I want to go to one of these big destination rock/metal fests at some point but I've been hasty with my planning before and fucked myself over after getting a ticket for Sonic Temple before. Possibly LTL as well? I know I planned on going to that one year but don't remember if I bought a ticket and then had to eat the cost.
    SATAN said:
    Tom Araya would bail for entire verses sometimes. 
    He said he was over being in Slayer 15 years before they retired =)) Its kind of telling that he never really had side projects or guest spots like his bandmates 
    It stopped being fun for him after his neck surgery in 2010. 
    Static-X came back, Pantera came back, Slayer came back, DEP came back, Power Trip is back.  

Who’s next?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Static-X came back, Pantera came back, Slayer came back, DEP came back, Power Trip is back.  

Who’s next?
    Agalloch came back, Becoming The Archetype came back, Dethklok came back
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?